ImageImageImageImageImage

Sacramento (15-21) at Toronto (20-18)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

User avatar
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,757
And1: 1,328
Joined: Sep 19, 2004
Location: Avidly reading pstyousuck.blogspot.com/
Contact:
 

 

Post#61 » by pillwenney » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 am

Well if we can foul out Bosh and then make pretty much every shot we take from here on out, we might still have a chance. Probably not though.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

 

Post#62 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:17 am

Image
I quit bosh is too good :lol:
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
thebiggesthomer
Senior
Posts: 536
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 29, 2007
Location: North Highlands Ca

 

Post#63 » by thebiggesthomer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 am

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SadKingsFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,341
And1: 5
Joined: Jun 26, 2006
Location: Sacramento CA
 

 

Post#64 » by SadKingsFan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 am

Bosh isnt good enough to draw these kind of double teams, especially ont he catch. And playing zone was idiotic with all the shooters they have, our players have to get used to each other all over again and change their games a little, artest was obviously rusty and came back to early.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

Re: Sacramento (15-21) at Toronto (20-18) 

Post#65 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:33 am

a-rod wrote:Toronto didn't miss a 3 since 2005, So we should only use the zone to change the tempo.

I just hate it when I'm right :banghead:
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
User avatar
SpaceJam
Veteran
Posts: 2,592
And1: 93
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Location: 123 fake street T-Dot

 

Post#66 » by SpaceJam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:34 am

Seemed as though only 3 guys came out to play basketball for you guys. Pretty much solid team, what is missing in SacTown?
_________
sackings916
Analyst
Posts: 3,424
And1: 137
Joined: Sep 07, 2002

 

Post#67 » by sackings916 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:37 am

I REALLY hope this is not how Theus plans to do his substitution patterns. We looked like Memphis of a few years ago out there. As a player this is the WORST possible thing a coach can do IMO. It doesnt allow players to get in a rhythm offensively and really disrupts chemistry subbing in so many players.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

 

Post#68 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:48 am

SpaceJam wrote:Seemed as though only 3 guys came out to play basketball for you guys. Pretty much solid team, what is missing in SacTown?

the reason why theus uses the zone a lot cause our interior defense is a joke,
not having shoot blocker inside gives the opposite team player mental advantage, because they know they can drive the ball inside any time they want.

look what happened to the pistons without big ben in the east finals lebron had tow last minute dunks and game wining layup.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

 

Post#69 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:50 am

sackings916 wrote:I REALLY hope this is not how Theus plans to do his substitution patterns. We looked like Memphis of a few years ago out there. As a player this is the WORST possible thing a coach can do IMO. It doesnt allow players to get in a rhythm offensively and really disrupts chemistry subbing in so many players.

good point.

btw why didn't our best post defender k9 didn't get a chance to defend bosh?
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
User avatar
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,416
And1: 4
Joined: May 25, 2004
Location: RIP Wayman Tisdale...You left us way too early.

 

Post#70 » by KingInExile » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 am

SpaceJam wrote:Seemed as though only 3 guys came out to play basketball for you guys. Pretty much solid team, what is missing in SacTown?

I don't even think 3 came to play today.

I don't remember seeing anything any more disgusting this season. The was a pitiful performance...absolutely pitiful.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Kosta
RealGM
Posts: 16,353
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 03, 2006

 

Post#71 » by Kosta » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:56 am

Kevin MartinFan wrote:Bosh isnt good enough to draw these kind of double teams, especially ont he catch. And playing zone was idiotic with all the shooters they have, our players have to get used to each other all over again and change their games a little, artest was obviously rusty and came back to early.


He would have broken his career high of 42 tonight if you guys didn't start doubling him right off the pass.
Ballings7
RealGM
Posts: 22,835
And1: 862
Joined: Jan 04, 2006

 

Post#72 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:56 am

Disappointing. But was a possibility because of the changes, Theus and the team will have to adjust soon as best as possible. Kinda surprised to see how things went, regardless of who was playing, should of been more competitive.

So much for any defense at all on Bosh, obviously a combination of the Kings sucking and Bosh being Bosh.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,936
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#73 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:01 am

Well....things should get better than this but they may get much worse for guys like John, Cisco, Hawes, Williams, and Douby. Like I said before, there are only so many shot attempts and minutes. John with 7 shot attempts!? Our "bench" shot the ball more than our entire starting lineup! We went small and paid for it, although I do think the biggest mistake was playing zone and double teaming to make up for it. Just let the guys play, if you are going to live by the sword you are going to have to die by it.

Nice to see Bibby still the deadly shooter he always has been but....I liked the team w/o Mike and Ron a little better. There is an opportunity for growth there, not here.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,936
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#74 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:06 am

sackings916 wrote:I REALLY hope this is not how Theus plans to do his substitution patterns. We looked like Memphis of a few years ago out there. As a player this is the WORST possible thing a coach can do IMO. It doesnt allow players to get in a rhythm offensively and really disrupts chemistry subbing in so many players.



Yeah, I mentioned that a few days ago as one of my main fears. The question I have is, what else can you do? If things are kept as they are you either have to cut 2 more guys out of the rotation or put everyone in the 25-28 mpg range. There is a problem having too much! Especially if it's all basically the same thing.
sackings916
Analyst
Posts: 3,424
And1: 137
Joined: Sep 07, 2002

 

Post#75 » by sackings916 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:07 am

I want to see a Beno-Bibby backcourt but that would only hurt Salmons and Cisco even more. Salmons looked great in the 1st quarter but did not even get an opportunity the rest of the game when Kmart-Bibby-Artest was put in. Realistically I think Douby will have to be cut out of the rotation, and even Cisco's minutes cut even though I love his 3 pt shooting.

Bibby,Kmart,Artest,Salmons,Beno are our 5 that should get the most minutes at 1-3. Artest will probably see a lot of minutes at the 4 so Cisco can play.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,936
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#76 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:34 am

sackings916 wrote:I want to see a Beno-Bibby backcourt but that would only hurt Salmons and Cisco even more. Salmons looked great in the 1st quarter but did not even get an opportunity the rest of the game when Kmart-Bibby-Artest was put in. Realistically I think Douby will have to be cut out of the rotation, and even Cisco's minutes cut even though I love his 3 pt shooting.

Bibby,Kmart,Artest,Salmons,Beno are our 5 that should get the most minutes at 1-3. Artest will probably see a lot of minutes at the 4 so Cisco can play.



Yeah but if you plan of everybody getting some minutes you are still log jammed like a MF'er. You are talking about 5 guys that should easily playing starters minutes here. You either do it like Reggie did tonight or you push one guy out of consistent minute land and another into less than normal minutes. Ron did play a lot of 4 tonight BTW.

There is no answer position by position. The real problem isn't even the minutes. Who gets the shot attempts!? When you have Bibby and Artest on your team there is no question they should and we saw what that does tonight to guys like Salmons and Beno.
Ballings7
RealGM
Posts: 22,835
And1: 862
Joined: Jan 04, 2006

 

Post#77 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 am

Mike Bibby being the PG should play a balanced offensive game, and expend more energy on defense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Mike obviously would still get shots, but just not as much as usual in the past. Focus more on running the team, to bring up the balance of the offense for the team, and in Mike's own game. You know, be more a of point guard. Rather than basically being an undersized off-guard who has some facilitating ability that is inconsistent in attempts and in the level of effectiveness. Which is absolutely what it has been for more than a season

With Kevin, Ron, John, Garcia, Brad - the point guards should be point guards. Like Beno's been for us, he's not getting high assists consistently, but he's running the team consistently. Also other significant play-makers on the team factor in there.

Mike shouldn't be the Mike of the last two years, that's for sure. That's not what this team as is, or in the future, is needing, in the point guard. Only if we go back to the Princeton around the level and committment from up to 5 years ago. Which would obviously be numerous years from now, if that were to happen. Even before a couple years ago, Mike was a better play-maker. Different teams from then recently, but the ability shouldn't just fade like it has.

I want to see Mike adapt to the situation. He failed to do that last year in the way of his injury (passing more and more defensive energy), as well as with who else was on the team. Another chance is present. This is also on the coach, partially.

Not going to write off Mike having this approach yet, obviously, but that's how it should be. I don't know if it will turn out, that way, though. There is no excuse for it not to, also. Historically, Mike has shown he's not just a scorer/shooter, as he basically has been for a little while now.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
User avatar
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,416
And1: 4
Joined: May 25, 2004
Location: RIP Wayman Tisdale...You left us way too early.

 

Post#78 » by KingInExile » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:12 am

Tonight just showed me that we really need to showcase Bibby for the next couple of weeks in a serious attempt to move him. We have enough fire power without him...we need a point guard who is willing to dish the ball. I think Beno fits that description better (evident by his 7 assists versus Bibby's 0 assists). I really wish Beno consistently took care of the ball better and would shoot the ball better more consistently. However, despite his negatives, I would much rather have him as the full time point over Bibby.

We don't need our point guard to be the scoring leader. We need our point guard to make it possible for others to score. Bibby tonight just looked like normal Bibby, which is a guy who looks for his shot and not a guy who makes others look better.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,936
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#79 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:12 am

Ballings7 wrote:Mike Bibby being the PG should play a balanced offensive game, and expend more energy on defense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Mike obviously would still get shots, but just not as much as usual in the past. Focus more on running the team, to bring up the balance of the offense for the team, and in Mike's own game. You know, be more a of point guard. Rather than basically being an undersized off-guard who has some facilitating ability that is inconsistent in attempts and in the level of effectiveness. Which is absolutely what it has been for more than a season

With Kevin, Ron, John, Garcia, Brad - the point guards should be point guards. Like Beno's been for us, he's not getting high assists consistently, but he's running the team consistently. Also other significant play-makers on the team factor in there.

Mike shouldn't be the Mike of the last two years, that's for sure. That's not what this team as is, or in the future, is needing, in the point guard. Only if we go back to the Princeton around the level and committment from up to 5 years ago. Which would obviously be numerous years from now, if that were to happen. Even before a couple years ago, Mike was a better play-maker. Different teams from then recently, but the ability shouldn't just fade like it has.

I want to see Mike adapt to the situation. He failed to do that last year in the way of his injury (passing more and more defensive energy), as well as with who else was on the team. Another chance is present. This is also on the coach, partially.

Not going to write off Mike having this approach yet, obviously, but that's how it should be. I don't know if it will turn out, that way, though. There is no excuse for it not to, also. Historically, Mike has shown he's not just a scorer/shooter, as he basically has been for a little while now.


But the other Mike Bibby is who he is, and has proven to be a legit #2 in the most successful of situations. Problem is we have a bunch of #2's making far less looking for PT. They also don't hold as much trade value. Trying to change Mike Bibby would only bring about even more negativity. He is what he is. Can't/won't/shouldn't bother trying to change that.

Instead of trying to fit a square piece into a round hole it makes far more sense to find a square hole to fit that piece or exchange that square piece for a round one.

I still do think that the team as constructed may theoretically fit Bibby more than it does Ron. Ron doesn't really work well with any of the players in a definable way. Bibby does with Brad and in the pick and roll/pop, which is the type of play this team (including most if not all of the youth on it) is really suited for.
Ballings7
RealGM
Posts: 22,835
And1: 862
Joined: Jan 04, 2006

 

Post#80 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:38 am

If Mike doesn't adapt, he should be dealt, if not by the DL, then in the summer. Simple as that.

Already have discussed how I feel about Ron with this team in a recent thread. I like him for us a lot if he stays around.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Sacramento Kings