ImageImageImageImageImage

Now from the "Duh" category, Ron Artest confirms..

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#41 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 am

The Miami Heat are eliminated for this season. They resume as an average possibility in the summer for Ron.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#42 » by Hoops23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Miami?
Its possible if Ron will be true to his words.

Most of us know the Davis & Blount for Walker, Doleac, Simien & the pick trade. I heard the Kings regret for not doing the trade for the Heat wherein Miami receives Artest & Kenny Thomas instead because its possible no Artest trade is expected before the deadline because teams are having 2nd thoughts trading for him after he said he will opt out to his contract.
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#43 » by _SRV_ » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:24 pm

You heard the Kings regret a trade that gives Artest value as much as Ricky Davis? Do you hear things often?
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Post#44 » by pillwenney » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Miami?
Its possible if Ron will be true to his words.

Most of us know the Davis & Blount for Walker, Doleac, Simien & the pick trade. I heard the Kings regret for not doing the trade for the Heat wherein Miami receives Artest & Kenny Thomas instead because its possible no Artest trade is expected before the deadline because teams are having 2nd thoughts trading for him after he said he will opt out to his contract.

Yes, as we all know, Petrie is known for calling the media and other teams GMs and telling them about his deepest regrets.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#45 » by Hoops23 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:18 am

Come on guys, I did not come here to trol. But I understand the frustrations.

Anyway, isn't it better to trade Artest & Thomas for Walker, Doleac & a 1st than letting Artest walk for nothing?
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,493

Post#46 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:32 am

Hoops23 wrote:Come on guys, I did not come here to trol. But I understand the frustrations.

Anyway, isn't it better to trade Artest & Thomas for Walker, Doleac & a 1st than letting Artest walk for nothing?

Nope.
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#47 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:35 am

If it was Miami's pick, HELLS YES WE REGRET IT.
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#48 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:36 am

Uh oh, the time bomb is about to explode.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#49 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:37 am

Lightning Strike wrote:If it was Miami's pick, HELLS YES WE REGRET IT.

Doubt Miami would trade their pick, maybe the one they got from the Magic. Anyways, if Miami got Artest back with a healthy Shaq, I doubt they would continue to do THIS bad.
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#50 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 am

They gave up their pick already in the Minnestoa deal.
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#51 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:42 am

No, we pretty much blew it with the Miami situation, most likely the New York situation too. We just need to get Artest out of here, now he is starting to exhibit some very disturbing behavior on the court. The last month Ron has acted unlike his entire tenure here. Time is running out.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by pillwenney » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:52 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:No, we pretty much blew it with the Miami situation, most likely the New York situation too. We just need to get Artest out of here, now he is starting to exhibit some very disturbing behavior on the court. The last month Ron has acted unlike his entire tenure here. Time is running out.

Oh come on. I would be willing to put good money on the fact that people were yelling some pretty terrible things at Ron tonight (it has happened in Utah for others on a few different occasions). The guy is clearly going through a tough time right now, and hearing people yell out God-knows-what probably wears on him after a while. People forget that it's not like the situation with his daughter just went away or something.

Cut the poor guy some slack.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#53 » by KF10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:55 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh come on. I would be willing to put good money on the fact that people were yelling some pretty terrible things at Ron tonight (it has happened in Utah for others on a few different occasions). The guy is clearly going through a tough time right now, and hearing people yell out God-knows-what probably wears on him after a while. People forget that it's not like the situation with his daughter just went away or something.

+1
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#54 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:59 am

While Artest was a bit out of control tonight, I can at least see what he was trying to do. His team was playing very weak and easy on defense, and he was trying to get them fired up...he just went a bit too far.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#55 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:27 am

I am sure the same thing can be said for any other high profile NBA player, they hear it all the time. The problem is they aren't beating their chest, slapping around at opposing players, and have the history Ron has. I know Ron was baited, I am sure he was but once you've committed murder you are known as a murderer, fair or not. Problem for us is, ANYTHING that Ron does that can be determined as negative hurts us and his value. This is the 5th or 6th time in the last month that I can remember seeing Ron act this way, today it looked as if things just about spilled over. I repeat ANYTHING he does will hurt his value, even if partially justified.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#56 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:33 am

And don't get me wrong here, I was thoroughly entertained watching Ron and liked how he stuck up for himself and his teammates but once you start messing with a crowd of 20,000 people nothing good will come of it. All it takes is one yahoo, and we have all seen the first hand evidence before. I also don't think Ron was about to really get violent but there is a fine, fine line between fun and danger with crowds that big and a more physical game than usual. If you didn't sense the vibes from Ron tonight and maybe the last 3-4 weeks then you aren't paying attention.

Now this isn't the main reason I think we need to trade Ron but it could be the one thing that causes us to not be able too if we wait any longer.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by pillwenney » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:42 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am sure the same thing can be said for any other high profile NBA player, they hear it all the time. The problem is they aren't beating their chest, slapping around at opposing players, and have the history Ron has. I know Ron was baited, I am sure he was but once you've committed murder you are known as a murderer, fair or not. Problem for us is, ANYTHING that Ron does that can be determined as negative hurts us and his value. This is the 5th or 6th time in the last month that I can remember seeing Ron act this way, today it looked as if things just about spilled over. I repeat ANYTHING he does will hurt his value, even if partially justified.

I'm not talking about like "Hey Ron! You suck!" Let's not forget that this is the same crowd that booed Derrick Fisher for leaving them so that his baby daughter with cancer could get the best care possible. The way Ron reacted tonight was unlike anything I have seen him do with the Kings, and it leads me to believe that something very out of the ordinary was said. I'm not saying that I know what did or didn't happen, but if somebody did yell something at Ron about his daughter, how do you think he would react? By asking to be taken out of the game so that he could cry? No, I think he would overcompensate and try to appear as tough as possible. That's what he did tonight. And I'm sorry, but if that is what happened, there's a line where "acting like a professional" just shouldn't be a requirement.

His action in games like Indiana and Detroit were nothing to worry about IMO. Blowing kisses to the fans is nothing that will lower his trade value. To think so is just plain silly.

And honestly any good GM that would be worried about Ron probably wouldn't just hear "ejected" and immediately not take a deal. They would probably look into the situation to see what happened. Real GMs aren't posters on RealGM.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#58 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:34 am

I'm not talking about like "Hey Ron! You suck!" Let's not forget that this is the same crowd that booed Derrick Fisher for leaving them so that his baby daughter with cancer could get the best care possible. The way Ron reacted tonight was unlike anything I have seen him do with the Kings, and it leads me to believe that something very out of the ordinary was said. I'm not saying that I know what did or didn't happen, but if somebody did yell something at Ron about his daughter, how do you think he would react? By asking to be taken out of the game so that he could cry? No, I think he would overcompensate and try to appear as tough as possible. That's what he did tonight. And I'm sorry, but if that is what happened, there's a line where "acting like a professional" just shouldn't be a requirement.

His action in games like Indiana and Detroit were nothing to worry about IMO. Blowing kisses to the fans is nothing that will lower his trade value. To think so is just plain silly.

And honestly any good GM that would be worried about Ron probably wouldn't just hear "ejected" and immediately not take a deal. They would probably look into the situation to see what happened. Real GMs aren't posters on RealGM.

He did a lot of the same type of things in Detroit, Indy, and in LA. Blowing kisses, beating his chest, clapping at the crowd, etc. Even at home he has been egging on the other team. He has even taken a few swipes at opposing players before too. Most recently in Detroit I could have sworn I saw him take a jab at Jason Maxiell as they were running back up the court. Didn't connect of course.

Now tonight's actions were more apparent but he has recently argued with the coach when he tried to call a timeout on his own and has noticeably been a lot chippier than before. Like I said, sure some of it may be warranted and deserved but it only hurts us and his value if we aren't set on keeping him.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#59 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 am

Ron needs to worry about his team, not the fans. Why yell at the fans to light a fire under your teams ass when you can yell the same encouraging "LETS GO" to kevin, mike, or brad. Get them fired up. There is absolutely no need to get the crowd fired up. Ron obviously has been thru much more than i can even imagine. However, maintaining focus on whats going on the court is far more important than yelling at the fans.

EDIT: And for the record his antics were very entertaining, but regardless team first---fans last (at least on the road that is ;) )
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by pillwenney » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:07 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He did a lot of the same type of things in Detroit, Indy, and in LA. Blowing kisses, beating his chest, clapping at the crowd, etc. Even at home he has been egging on the other team. He has even taken a few swipes at opposing players before too. Most recently in Detroit I could have sworn I saw him take a jab at Jason Maxiell as they were running back up the court. Didn't connect of course.

Now tonight's actions were more apparent but he has recently argued with the coach when he tried to call a timeout on his own and has noticeably been a lot chippier than before. Like I said, sure some of it may be warranted and deserved but it only hurts us and his value if we aren't set on keeping him.

Oh that was nothing in those other games. And "a few swipes"? Really? And I'm sure that if he had really taken a swipe at Maxiell, somebody on the court would have noticed.

I just think that outside of tonight, he hasn't done anything that has lead me to believe that anything really bad could happen. And tonight was a special set of circumstances. It was just Ron being Ron.

Return to Sacramento Kings