ImageImageImageImageImage

With the trade deadline approaching...

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

...who goes if anyone?

Ron Artest - He messes with the flow of the team.
39%
John Salmons - His trade value is at all-time high & doesn't fit with healthy roster.
5%
Mike Bibby - Beno is the man of the future.
23%
Mike Bibby - Beno is the man of the future.
23%
Someone else
2%
Nobody - This team is built to win it all!
9%

Total votes: 44

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#41 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:58 am

ICMTM wrote:IMO Orlando could really use Kenny Thomas

The problem is that what could we do to make the Orlando Magics to deal with us and take K9 from us? We will need to attach a positive player/contract with K9 i.e. Garcia or etc...IMO...
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#42 » by pillwenney » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:51 am

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The problem is that what could we do to make the Orlando Magics to deal with us and take K9 from us? We will need to attach a positive player/contract with K9 i.e. Garcia or etc...IMO...

*coughs*
*points up*
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#43 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:04 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

*coughs*
*points up*

:lol:

But seriously, if we cant trade K9 for obvious reasons, at least play him in garbage minutes to show if that he bounced back or something...He isnt THAT bad of a player...He is a proven veteran...
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#44 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:33 am

Orlando already has Lewis, Howard's, and Nelson's contracts... doubt they'll take on KT. I agree they could use him, though.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Bibby 

Post#45 » by Sacramento_King » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 am

Did the Kings make a mistake by not moving Bibby earlier? He obviously has more trade value amongst Kings fans then around the league. Could they have possibly dumped him for J Will, D Wright and an unprotected first which is now a top 5? I know hindsight is 20/20 and all. It's just funny how we have this Jeckyl and Hyde team and people still want top value for guys like Artest and Bibby. Kings fans have said no to guys like Bynum, Lee, Balkman, Frye, Critt, Gibson, Devin Harris on this forum and now they probably have no shot at any high upside youth and are stuck hoping for picks and expirings which probably isn't available as well. I just think the longer Petrie waits the less value these guys have. The PG market is getting deeper with Kidd, Damon, and Cassell possibly being on the market. Artest has been on his best behavior but honestly is still a powder keg. The Kings just need to bite the bullet and rebuild. Dump Bibby, Artest and Reef (who would be packaged with one). KT probably is impossible to deal although I think he would have value on some teams. Make Moore and Miller available and go with young guys. Get a high pick. Build with youth. Just my opinion.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#46 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Bibbinator wrote:I want people who want Artest/Bibby gone to be gone.. lol

I think what most people that keep trading posting Bibby and/or Artest trades are doing is trying to move our bad contract (Kenny Thomas), get pieces that will be in the long term plans for the Kings (as neither Bibby or Artest should be in the long term plans of Petrie) or draft picks.

However to do that, the best way that the Kings have to do that realistically, Petrie's got to give something that has value and the players that it makes the most sense to add value to trades are Bibby & Artest.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: Bibby 

Post#47 » by deNIEd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Sacramento_King wrote:Did the Kings make a mistake by not moving Bibby earlier? He obviously has more trade value amongst Kings fans then around the league. Could they have possibly dumped him for J Will, D Wright and an unprotected first which is now a top 5? I know hindsight is 20/20 and all. It's just funny how we have this Jeckyl and Hyde team and people still want top value for guys like Artest and Bibby. Kings fans have said no to guys like Bynum, Lee, Balkman, Frye, Critt, Gibson, Devin Harris on this forum and now they probably have no shot at any high upside youth and are stuck hoping for picks and expirings which probably isn't available as well. I just think the longer Petrie waits the less value these guys have. The PG market is getting deeper with Kidd, Damon, and Cassell possibly being on the market. Artest has been on his best behavior but honestly is still a powder keg. The Kings just need to bite the bullet and rebuild. Dump Bibby, Artest and Reef (who would be packaged with one). KT probably is impossible to deal although I think he would have value on some teams. Make Moore and Miller available and go with young guys. Get a high pick. Build with youth. Just my opinion.

I totally agree, I just don't think Petrie/Maloofs (whoever is truly calling the shots) doesn't have the balls to rebuild. Instead of rebuilding when it would have been easy and quick when Webber went down, we just attempted to patch up our problems, which still to this day exist (no interior D, no shot blocking, no post presence, we did get our bg pg.

If we wait till next year, if Artest is signed big money long term, no team will trade for him. Bibby will have the value of an expiring, which does us no good unless we want to take on big contracts by trading bibby.

Again, Petrie has to decide, and no Smills, he has not decided, that either we rebuild or we contend now. If we contend now, there is no reason the kings should have an 08 1st round pick, or players like Garcia/Douby/Hawes on the team. Our team is still far from truly contending.

And for people who think we can contend, I ask again, say everything goes according to plan, we play to our greatest potential, and say are able to get to the 5th-6th seed. What then? No one here, will say that the Kings are at the same lvl as a Spurs, Suns, Mavs. How will we make that gap from 5th seed to 1st seed? Our money is all tied up, meaning we can't sign anyone really. And if we want to make trades, we have to give up talent. Possibly we can get to the 5th-6th seed type team, but can't go anywhere from there. That's why we need to rebuild. And rebuild now.
Sac Fan in Clipper town
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Sac Fan in Clipper town » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:08 am

This is the part I struggle with...in the West you need 45 wins minimum for the play offs. Time for a wider overall overhaul I suspect, not nibbling at the edges.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#49 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:56 am

Sac Fan in Clipper town wrote:This is the part I struggle with...in the West you need 45 wins minimum for the play offs. Time for a wider overall overhaul I suspect, not nibbling at the edges.

That's exactly what's called for, and the sooner people realize that, the sooner it'll happen.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#50 » by Hoops23 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 am

PetrieUnderstudy wrote: I'd like to see Kings move Artest along with Kenny Thomas to Heat for Udonis Haslem & Jason Williams.
Check the link below and you will observe the Heat is about next season. Ron Artest is believe to be opting out to his contract and that ends up Miami trading Haslem for nothing but taking the burden to Thomas contract.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/399129.html
Heat president and coach Pat Riley said Tuesday there has been ''very little activity'' with the team regarding potential deals as the Feb. 21 trading deadline approaches.

The Heat, which owns the Eastern Conference's worst record, was considered one of the busier teams in trade talks until earlier this month.

Riley said he meets with general manager Randy Pfund and vice president Andy Elisburg ''daily to discuss things,'' but apparently is only considering moves that would help the team beyond this season.

clank
Ballboy

what about Gstate? 

Post#51 » by clank » Fri Feb 1, 2008 3:08 am

I see some chat about GS looking to get in the Artest sweepstakes. What would Kings fans think about a Artest for B.Wright trade? I know that would be a heavy price for GS to pay letting a young talented big go but to
get a player like Artest whom could move them into Top4 west area, they might bite. I see Nellie isn't playin him which is no surprise.. thoughts????
BMiller52
RealGM

Re: what about Gstate? 

Post#52 » by BMiller52 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:47 am

clank wrote:I see some chat about GS looking to get in the Artest sweepstakes. What would Kings fans think about a Artest for B.Wright trade? I know that would be a heavy price for GS to pay letting a young talented big go but to
get a player like Artest whom could move them into Top4 west area, they might bite. I see Nellie isn't playin him which is no surprise.. thoughts????

Link??
Dustin5566
Veteran
And1: 64

Re: what about Gstate? 

Post#53 » by Dustin5566 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:26 am

clank wrote:I see some chat about GS looking to get in the Artest sweepstakes. What would Kings fans think about a Artest for B.Wright trade? I know that would be a heavy price for GS to pay letting a young talented big go but to

How has BWright performed this year?? I really wanted him to slip because I think this team needs a young talented ATHLETIC 4.

Anyway I would do it simply because I dont want to lose Artest and get nothing useful in return.
clank
Ballboy

Post#54 » by clank » Fri Feb 1, 2008 7:16 am

he hasn't performed at all basically. Nellie is not 1 to play rooks often and with the small ball game it doesn't seem that he will get much chance too this year. AS a team looking to rebuild this is the type deal I wouldlike the kings to piursue if at all possible. 1 with great risk but possibble huge return. There are very few young raw athletic bigs that teams will part with even for a talent such as artest during a playoff drive.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#55 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 1, 2008 8:01 am

Ugh, I for one and not a big fan of B. Wright AT ALL. I think the guy has very high bust potential. He could be a solid role player though.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#56 » by deNIEd » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:36 pm

Do you guys think beno is worth keeping around?

Pre-Bibby time, I would sign Beno to the full MLE in a heartbeat. He took the role of our PG perfectly, and is a huge reason we won so many games.

However, i don't think anyone really expects/wants Beno as our starting pg for the future, because quite frankly, that team won't be so great.

So, the idea of beno would be him being a bench player, our backup point guard. However, look at his recent performances as of late. It's obvious he needs more playing time, and can't produce significantly without a large amount of minutes, so unless we believe we can sign him for cheap (2-3 mil), then anyone else up for trading him away now?

I'm sure a KT + Beno package could bring us expirings.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#57 » by pillwenney » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:37 pm

deNIEd wrote:Do you guys think beno is worth keeping around?

Pre-Bibby time, I would sign Beno to the full MLE in a heartbeat. He took the role of our PG perfectly, and is a huge reason we won so many games.

However, i don't think anyone really expects/wants Beno as our starting pg for the future, because quite frankly, that team won't be so great.

So, the idea of beno would be him being a bench player, our backup point guard. However, look at his recent performances as of late. It's obvious he needs more playing time, and can't produce significantly without a large amount of minutes, so unless we believe we can sign him for cheap (2-3 mil), then anyone else up for trading him away now?

I'm sure a KT + Beno package could bring us expirings.

If KT/Beno could bring back expirings (I would have some serious doubts about that), then I would do it in a heartbeat. The problem is that Beno is a potential rental for a team (and for us) because he is worth less than the MLE and so basically every team in the league can go after him if they want (and even if he was worth more, nobody has his bird rights).

If possible, I would really like to keep Beno around, probably not with the idea that he will be our permanent starter, but with the idea that he can start for us until our real future starting PG is acquired and ready to start.

Return to Sacramento Kings