ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Vs. Hornets @ Arco

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#81 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:09 am

I don't think defense will be a problem for them but who gets the ball will be. Too many guys needing the ball to be effective.

We may be 3rd tier but the gap between us and the teams above us is pretty significant record wise. Like I said, all we are doing now is f*cking up our draft pick.

If we are going to do that I would rather Salmons and Garcia playing 30 mpg each, and Hawes getting more time than now. It would make it a little easier to swallow because I am fairly sure those guys are actually going to be here past the next couple of months.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#82 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:16 am

BTW, this has to be said:

BRAD MILLER IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! I love how he is shuting up all the doubters this year.

Last 5 games:

17 ppg, 13 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.2 bpg, 1.2 spg

Good going Brad we are proud of you and thanks for the effort!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#83 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:24 am

Yeah, I've been sold on him for awhile now... and already gave the Brad supporters props for being right earlier this year.

Brad's been playing at an all-star level.

Smills91 wrote:Odom/Gasol frontcourt just won't cut it defensively

But when Bynum is back, plus Turiaf, Ariza (when he's back)? That'll be a solid defensive front-court.

Specifically the big men... Bynum/Gasol/Turiaf/Mihm. Three 7 footers, and an agile, energetic, tough guy in Turiaf.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
NATHANBIBBY
Senior
And1: 0

Post#84 » by NATHANBIBBY » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:53 am

I think the Lakers are in the top tier now.

They have the best player in the NBA, Gasol who is would be one of the top 2nd option players around, plus Odom, Bynum, Fisher who are all quality players and fill the needs of the Lakers
ethiosew
Rookie

Post#85 » by ethiosew » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:59 am

NATHANBIBBY wrote:I think the Lakers are in the top tier now.

They have the best player in the NBA, Gasol who is would be one of the top 2nd option players around, plus Odom, Bynum, Fisher who are all quality players and fill the needs of the Lakers

I hate that **** team but I agree.
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#86 » by _SRV_ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:30 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Wow that 1st half was something to behold! I haven't see ball movement like that in years. Ron is just a nightmare for anyone to match up with. I loved when he just powered through Chandler in the post! Then pulled off his signature double flex Haha

:rofl:
That was hillarious, but I think I understand him, I'm a 6'6" myself, and if I was out muscling a 7 footer like Chandler, I'll be flexing my way back to my side of the court, and continue to do it through time outs also.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#87 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:01 pm

NATHANBIBBY wrote:I think the Lakers are in the top tier now.

Eh, go ahead and split hairs, the bottom line is the Spurs/Mavs/Suns are still better than them IMO.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

ship 

Post#88 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:01 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eh, go ahead and split hairs, the bottom line is the Spurs/Mavs/Suns are still better than them IMO.

:nod: :nod: you have to beat the best and prove it. I think its hilarious everyone one thinks the league should hand the Lakers the Championship
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#89 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:58 pm

I do think they definitely were (with Bynum) and will continue to be (now with Gasol, then Bynum back, plus Ariza) better than Phoenix in the way of ability.

Because Phoenix doesn't have the depth, the offensive ability (noticably better half-court offensive team), and especially the defense and rebounding that the Lakers do. They were a good balanced team before, but now they're a significantly balanced team. Specifically being more skilled offensively now with Gasol.

Accomplishment and establishment? Not yet, of course.

I would of picked them over the Suns in a playoff series before by some, but now? I think they definitely have the edge.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#90 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:42 pm

Ballings7 wrote:I do think they definitely were (with Bynum) and will continue to be (now with Gasol, then Bynum back, plus Ariza) better than Phoenix in the way of ability.

Because Phoenix doesn't have the depth, the offensive ability (noticably better half-court offensive team), and especially the defense and rebounding that the Lakers do. They were a good balanced team before, but now they're a significantly balanced team. Specifically being more skilled offensively now with Gasol.

Accomplishment and establishment? Not yet, of course.

I would of picked them over the Suns in a playoff series before by some, but now? I think they definitely have the edge.

Its all on paper tho. They have to play first and get it together before you anoint them better
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#91 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:44 pm

Artest93 wrote:Its all on paper tho. They have to play first and get it together before you anoint them better

Before it wasn't on paper, so that's irrelevant to what I posted about there.

But now, yes it is on paper, and I'm making a prediction they will still be better than the Suns. As well as have even more of an edge if they face them in the playoffs.

That's my position on them versus the Suns, in the way of ability as teams, on both ends of the court.
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#92 » by Bibbinator » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:05 pm

thebiggesthomer
Senior

Post#93 » by thebiggesthomer » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:08 pm

They gotta win tonight or this win means nothing
Rugged Ron Ron
Pro Prospect

Post#94 » by Rugged Ron Ron » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:07 am

I remember seeing that in the game. He was hit in the mouth and was checking his tooth.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#95 » by BMiller52 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:08 am

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Before it wasn't on paper, so that's irrelevant to what I posted about there.

But now, yes it is on paper, and I'm making a prediction they will still be better than the Suns. As well as have even more of an edge if they face them in the playoffs.

That's my position on them versus the Suns, in the way of ability as teams, on both ends of the court.

Yeeah we already know you hate the Suns because they are SA's#1 enemy. So you are biased against them. Their inside D has improved with my boy BRIAN SKINNER this year.

Amare will whore Gaysol and Bynum, that's a fact(actually Bynum gives him trouble but if they can get him matched up on Gasol... :pray: )
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#96 » by pillwenney » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:44 am

BMiller52 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeeah we already know you hate the Suns because they are SA's#1 enemy. So you are biased against them. Their inside D has improved with my boy BRIAN SKINNER this year.

Amare will whore Gaysol and Bynum, that's a fact(actually Bynum gives him trouble but if they can get him matched up on Gasol... :pray: )

And they'll "whore" Amare, by taking advantage of his terrible D. What's your point?
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#97 » by Ballings7 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:17 am

BMiller52 wrote:Yeeah we already know you hate the Suns because they are SA's#1 enemy. So you are biased against them. Their inside D has improved with my boy BRIAN SKINNER this year.

Amare will whore Gaysol and Bynum, that's a fact(actually Bynum gives him trouble but if they can get him matched up on Gasol... )

I don't hate the Suns. I don't root for them, and their kind of team is not my preference for any kind of support. There's a difference between the latter and "hating".

Hating is too strong of a word.

My view on the Suns/Lakers is legitimate. They were (w/ Bynum, Ariza) and are more built for the playoffs than the Suns. They were a noticably more balanced team, and are going to be an even more balanced team than the Suns. The Suns aren't a balanced team at all.

Amare won't be stopped, but Amare can't do anything defensively other than block shots (solid, but not a big-time shotblocker/basket defender), get scored on, not rebound consistently well, and get into foul trouble. Gasol's a legit offensive player, and will play well against Amare. Amare's also playing out of position at center.

Their inside defense has improved to an extent, but Skinner's just one guy. He doesn't even play 20 MPG, and doesn't play down the stretch of games. He's only one guy, especially the one guy not being a top level helper big man in his career, in Skinner, isn't going to largely improve their interior defense issues. Foul trouble, possible injury, and just one guy only being able to do so much come into play with this approach.

The Suns are not a respectable defensive team. The mind-set, partial personnel, energy expense is lacking for that to be so, or better.

Specifically, they lack a point guard defender. Marion over time hasn't proven to be that effective here. Strawberry (assuming he stays around), should be the answer to that in a couple years. Already covered their lack of big men who can consistently defend, that just being Skinner, and what limited role he has.

The Suns rank high in blocks and steals per game. But with the blocks that also can indicate a team gives up a lot of penetration, and that is definitely there with the Suns. In addition, with going for steals quite a bit and it lacks taming, when a steal is unsuccessfully attempted, as a regular consequence there will be something created in the paint or an open jumper. The defense being at a disadvantage or a hole is there. There being more positive results for the offense, than the defense. Also, when going for a lot of blocks, lacking discipline, you put yourself out of position to get the rebound.

Suns opp. offensive rebounds: 14.4 per game #30

Suns opp. points in the paint: 42.3 per game #29

Suns opp. rebounds: 46.6 per game #2

Suns rebounding differential: -6.0 #30

Suns offensive rebounding differential: -6.1 #30

The Suns are not built that well for the playoffs, to reach their goals. And their defense and rebounding has not shown to be at a playoff or championship level. Their offense is not versatile enough in ways to score, and rely too much on running and shooting jumpshots. Their half-court offense as a team is not a strength. Their depth also isn't solid, and that's needed in general. Their mental emotional control is unproven, they should learn from last year against the Spurs.

The Suns have to get more balanced in order to increase their chances of doing what they want to do. D'Antoni and the ownership, have not made enough of a committment to the latter.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#98 » by Ballings7 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:20 am

I do like the Suns in the way of enjoying their style of play. They're fun to watch, and have been in a lot of quality, big games. I have a bunch of games with the Suns in them.

Return to Sacramento Kings