ImageImageImageImageImage

Cle, Mil, Sac trade

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Cle, Mil, Sac trade 

Post#1 » by drew881 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:48 am

Posting this trade on your board, before I offer it to the Bucks board, who hate EVERYTHING. Anyway, what would you think of...

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players

John Salmons
Kenny Thomas
Cedric Simmons
Ira Newble
1st round pick (sac)

Outgoing Players
David Noel
Charlie Villanueva
Jake Voskuhl
Michael Redd

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Charlie Villanueva
Jake Voskuhl
Michael Redd
Daniel Gibson
Donyell Marshall
6-9 SF / PF from Connecticut
2.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10.4 minutes

Outgoing Players
John Salmons
Kenny Thomas
Mike Bibby
1st round pick

Cleveland Trade Breakdown
David Noel
Mike Bibby

Outgoing Players
Daniel Gibson
Cedric Simmons
Ira Newble
Donyell Marshall

Trade rationale:

Sacramento gets rid of Bibby, Thomas' contract, but has to give up Salmons, but that still makes the SF position available for Garcia and Artest. I guess you would have a lineup of

Udrih, Gibson
Redd, Kevin Martin
Artest, Garcia
Villanueva, Moore, Hawes
Brad Miller.

This could be the first trade in freeing up room to trade either Artest or Garcia, or you could play an ultra small lineup of udrih, redd, martin, artest, miller and shoot the ball all over the place.

Bucks stand point:

We don't really want Redd as he doesn't exist well with Mo. Salmons would work better in our halfcourt scheme. We are probably going to tank for the next couple of years so this is a rebuilding move. We would take on Thomas' contract, and in 2-3 years unload it as an expiring when Bobby Simmons and Dan Gadzuric come off the books. By then we can resign Bogut and maybe give Yi an extension.

Mo Williams, Ivey
Salmons, Bell
Mason, Newble, B. Simmons
Yi, Ruffin, Thomas
Bogut, Simmons, Gadz

Cavs do this trade to get Bibby. They have to give up Gibson, but don't have to take on Thomas.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#2 » by ICMTM » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:53 am

wow....

Not at the trade, but at the fact you have us acquiring Redd to sit Kevin Martin...wow.
KANGZZZZZ!
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#3 » by drew881 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:57 am

I actually think Artest would be the odd man out in this situation. Martin is playing better than Redd this year, but I still think Redd is the better player. The bucks play a slowed down, half court game, and if Redd was in Sac's system i think he would score more. I'll amend line up to

Udrih/Gibson
Martin, Garcia
Redd, Artest
Villanueva
Miller

It seems like from reading proposals on your board that your team is going to have to do something with this glut of sf's and sg's, and even pg's with bibby and udrih.

Would you be at all interested in Villanueva in a separate deal for either one of Garcia or Salmons?
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#4 » by ICMTM » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:08 am

The only reason Artest is moving is because he's underpaid, and the Kings can't give him an extension.
KANGZZZZZ!
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#5 » by Bibbinator » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:16 am

I don't know.. I like it, and then I don't. I really like Salmons. He has potential still. Where Michael Redd is basically what you see is what you get.
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#6 » by King Baller » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:23 am

I would rather have John Salmons than Redd straight up. They both can score but John takes it inside to do it and I like that. John is also the best perimeter defender on the Kings right now and I like that. John rebounds well for a SF and I like that.

If the Kings make a trade I would rather them trade up in talent and take fewer players back.

KB
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#7 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:18 am

The Kings have NO need for more wing players. Martin/Salmons/Garcia is their future. Garcia MIGHT be traded, but Salmons is going no where. We need a young PG and PF. And we WON'T be trading our 1st round pick just to sit Artest on the bench.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#8 » by SacTown Kings » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:50 am

Wow at some people liking this trade.

Bibby is not someone the Kings are just trying to trade or dump. Petrie's plan is to go after a big free agent in 2009, bibby's contract will expire by then. So keeping Bibby doesn't hinder our rebuilding process. So we only trade Bibby if it is for something good.

Kings have no use for Redd. All this deal does is get rid of Kenny Thomas. But we lose Salmons (a great signing with a great contract, a better fit for us than Redd anyways), Bibby, AND our 1st round pick.

Sorry I cannot this as something Petrie would even consider.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#9 » by pillwenney » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:53 am

SacTown Kings wrote:Wow at some people liking this trade.

Bibby is not someone the Kings are just trying to trade or dump. Petrie's plan is to go after a big free agent in 2009, bibby's contract will expire by then. So keeping Bibby doesn't hinder our rebuilding process. So we only trade Bibby if it is for something good.

Kings have no use for Redd. All this deal does is get rid of Kenny Thomas. But we lose Salmons (a great signing with a great contract, a better fit for us than Redd anyways), Bibby, AND our 1st round pick.

Sorry I cannot this as something Petrie would even consider.

Getting rid of Mike doesn't really affect our rebuilding, but if we don't dump him by next year, we will be well into the luxury tax. So yes, Mike most likely will be effectively dumped, unless somebody else is.

Return to Sacramento Kings