ImageImageImageImageImage

artest/warriors rumor from Bucher

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,468

Post#41 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:07 pm

Doubt it happens.

AndroidKing wrote:I heard about this aswell, it was around 6:30 am i think, so far Warriors seem like the most realistic for the Kings and for the Warriors, they will reach another step at a title run.

Title run? Not yet, even if they got Ron.

Not without a legit interior big man, better mental toughess, better rebounding, better proven half-court offense (Webber will help to an extent, and so would Ron, but that's still not enough), and more committment to legitimate, traditional defense than just focusing on the 4th qtr for this.

As well as less gambling for steals and blocks and relying on that so much. Which they do because it fuels their quick offense. If they improve their rebounding, interior defense, and half-court offense, they won't have to rely on and go for a lot of blocks and steals. Because of their lack of interior defense and not even decent half-court offense.

The Warriors are a mentally combustible team, and Biedrins isn't big enough mass-wise and not nearly experienced enough, to be an interior anchor. He needs somebody to complement what he lacks.

They have some work to do before being able to seriously go on a title run.

You have to defend the paint and have a solid half-court offense - to be a title contender. Traditional, quality big men are required for both, and the main requirement of the offense.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#42 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:12 pm

Bucher's always been well outside the know when it comes to the West Coast... in fact most of ESPN just feeds constant BS about the West Coast so they dont look completely biased...

Neither team wants to trade within the division... how would the Kings spin it if Artest made the W's contenders? Conversely, how the W's spin it if Artest comes in and ruins the vibe we have going?

It won't happen...

And Tay is our 2nd most important piece, not Jackson... and this isn't incorporating the future. You can see the torch being passed, Monta is ascending, quickly, into being our cornerstone..
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#43 » by Sacramento_King » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:34 pm

I think Moore for Wright and POB.
Artest for TPE.

I think the Kings give up a lot but get two young bigs. Wright can be a special player. He can also be a bust. POB doesnt fit into Nelsons scheme so he gets no burn but could fit in well with the Kings. Kings would suck the rest of the year and pick up Bayless in the draft.

GS gets a legit defensive player of the year in Artest who can dominate and would be a mismatch terror in Nelsons offense. Moore would be an energy guy who can block shots and provides hustle to help with the interior defense.
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#44 » by BMiller52 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:38 pm

Sacramento_King wrote:I think Moore for Wright and POB.
Artest for TPE.

I think the Kings give up a lot but get two young bigs. Wright can be a special player. He can also be a bust. POB doesnt fit into Nelsons scheme so he gets no burn but could fit in well with the Kings. Kings would suck the rest of the year and pick up Bayless in the draft.

GS gets a legit defensive player of the year in Artest who can dominate and would be a mismatch terror in Nelsons offense. Moore would be an energy guy who can block shots and provides hustle to help with the interior defense.

We won't get 2 young bigs for Ron dude. That's delusional.

I'd probably do Ron for POB/1st/Pietrus.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#45 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:47 pm

Warriors aren't giving up Wright. They traded away J-Rich for him.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,445

Post#46 » by rpa » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:53 pm

510Reggae wrote:And Tay is our 2nd most important piece, not Jackson... and this isn't incorporating the future. You can see the torch being passed, Monta is ascending, quickly, into being our cornerstone..

The Warriors started out the season 1-5 without Jackson and are currently 3-7 when he plays 30 minutes or less.

Monte's only missed 1 game, making it tough to argue either way. But the Warriors are also 7-6 in games Monte plays 30 or less minutes (and of those 6 losses 2 of them were also without Jackson).

Monte may be a better player but the numbers actually show that, at least this year, JACKSON is the 1 more important to the team winning.
rpa
RealGM

Post#47 » by rpa » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:54 pm

BMiller52 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We won't get 2 young bigs for Ron dude. That's delusional.

I'd probably do Ron for POB/1st/Pietrus.

I don't think we'll get Wright but POB isn't a "young big"...he's a young scrub. His value is ONLY as an expiring contract
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#48 » by BMiller52 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:54 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think we'll get Wright but POB isn't a "young big"...he's a young scrub. His value is ONLY as an expiring contract

I don't think that's being fair to the guy. He's never gotten a shot. In Nellie's 1st year with the Warriors he was a rookie I think, and Biedrins fits that system way better than he does. He never got a chance to play. Then the Warriors made their big post season push after getting Steven Jax/Harrington and they didn't have the luxury of developing young players like him. This year it's the same thing. I mean come on man, Hawes hasn't gotten to play much because we have some playoff delusions but if we made the 8th seed, and then next year POs were our goal, with the depth of the Western Conference, he doesn't play next year does that make him a young scrub? No he's just a young player who has never gotten a shot. And he might not be great but hey he could be a good back up for Spencer in the future, giving us plenty of size and D against Oden/Yao/Bynum/Kaman in the future which we'll need. Also that's the reason we'd get a 1st rounder.

At worst the guy is a small expiring so we can trade Ron for a pick and at best he could be a good player in our frontcourt for the future. It's a low risk/high reward type of deal. Artest probably leaves for a better team at the end of the season anyway. If he does well with the W's, he'd probably stay and he'd make them a lot better anyway this season. For us, we get a pick Petrie can do something with in the 18-24 area of the draft(Martin was picked LATER than that, Cisco was gotten in that area, Gerald was in the area too IIRC), we don't lose our shot at potential cap room 1-2 years down the line, and we get a young big who could work out or just free up more cap space.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#49 » by Cruel_Ruin » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:59 pm

I'd rather have Wright than POB. But to be honest, his weight terrifies me. Could possibly be the next Jonathan Bender.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#50 » by Smills91 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't think that's being fair to the guy. He's never gotten a shot. In Nellie's 1st year with the Warriors he was a rookie I think, and Biedrins fits that system way better than he does. He never got a chance to play. Then the Warriors made their big post season push after getting Steven Jax/Harrington and they didn't have the luxury of developing young players like him. This year it's the same thing. I mean come on man, Hawes hasn't gotten to play much because we have some playoff delusions but if we made the 8th seed, and then next year POs were our goal, with the depth of the Western Conference, he doesn't play next year does that make him a young scrub? No he's just a young player who has never gotten a shot. And he might not be great but hey he could be a good back up for Spencer in the future, giving us plenty of size and D against Oden/Yao/Bynum/Kaman in the future which we'll need. Also that's the reason we'd get a 1st rounder.

At worst the guy is a small expiring so we can trade Ron for a pick and at best he could be a good player in our frontcourt for the future. It's a low risk/high reward type of deal. Artest probably leaves for a better team at the end of the season anyway. If he does well with the W's, he'd probably stay and he'd make them a lot better anyway this season. For us, we get a pick Petrie can do something with in the 18-24 area of the draft(Martin was picked LATER than that, Cisco was gotten in that area, Gerald was in the area too IIRC), we don't lose our shot at potential cap room 1-2 years down the line, and we get a young big who could work out or just free up more cap space.

POB sucks. Jim Les was my HS basketball coach, he now coaches Bradley, he even says he won't hack it in the NBA. POB SUCKS.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#51 » by BMiller52 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:06 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

POB sucks. Jim Les was my HS basketball coach, he now coaches Bradley, he even says he won't hack it in the NBA. POB SUCKS.

Whatever man.

A lot of people said Gerald would never amount to anything either because he was stuck on a good team behind a starter on a team where his skillset didn't fit. Now look at the guy.

Again, I'm not saying HE WILL BE GOOD OR ANYTHING. I'm saying he COULD be good. He's only 22 or 23 years old, maybe a little young I'm not sure. He's 7 feet tall and he's not a stiff(not a great athlete though) or anything like that. Nothing Jim Les says will determine whether he makes it. It'll be POB who decides he makes it in the NBA. He has a lot of potential. It would be ignorant to say a 22 year old 7 footer who was picked 11th or whatever 2 years ago doesn't have potential. If he gets a good big man coach and goes on a young team he'll fit in with and get a chance, he can work hard and become a good player. On GS he won't get PT just like Wallace wouldn't get PT here.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#52 » by Smills91 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:09 pm

Whatever man.

A lot of people said Gerald would never amount to anything either because he was stuck on a good team behind a starter on a team where his skillset didn't fit. Now look at the guy.

Again, I'm not saying HE WILL BE GOOD OR ANYTHING. I'm saying he COULD be good. He's only 22 or 23 years old, maybe a little young I'm not sure. He's 7 feet tall and he's not a stiff(not a great athlete though) or anything like that. Nothing Jim Les says will determine whether he makes it. It'll be POB who decides he makes it in the NBA. He has a lot of potential. It would be ignorant to say a 22 year old 7 footer who was picked 11th or whatever 2 years ago doesn't have potential. If he gets a good big man coach and goes on a young team he'll fit in with and get a chance, he can work hard and become a good player. On GS he won't get PT just like Wallace wouldn't get PT here.

Oh really? I'd say more often than not bigs picked outside the top 10 end up sucking. Sure there's a JON, David West, Boozer occassionally, but there are more bigs that suck than make it in the drafting range.
rpa
RealGM

Post#53 » by rpa » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:25 pm

If he has so much potential why would the Warriors decline his player options?

And there's a reason he hasn't seen any time: because he's AWFUL.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#54 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:42 pm

I don't know how he'll turn out, but POB really hasn't gotten any oppurtunity in the NBA. He's had guys proven already in front of him from day one, and has been in a system since his 2nd year, that doesn't favor the kind of player in size and speed that POB is.

I don't think it's fair to write him off. Until he undergoes it or is hurt too much, with a fair oppurtunity to play and develop.

Can't really say anything, other than he has potential and hasn't gotten a chance in the NBA yet.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#55 » by BMiller52 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:43 pm

Ballings7 wrote:I don't know how he'll turn out, but POB really hasn't gotten any oppurtunity in the NBA. He's had guys proven already in front of him from day one, and has been in a system since his 2nd year, that doesn't favor the kind of player in size and speed that POB is.

I don't think it's fair to write him off. Until he undergoes it or is hurt too much, with a fair oppurtunity to play and develop.

Can't really say anything, other than he has potential and hasn't gotten a chance in the NBA yet.

EXACTLY. This is what I'm trying to tell you guys. He's a 21 year old 7 footer(I just checked his age) with potential on him, worst case is he's an expiring contract. I don't see how it'd hurt to take a flyer on him.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#56 » by Sacramento_King » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:44 pm

Maybe he's just mad cause he left two years early. I would take a flyer on a legit seven footer with some shotblocking and rebounding skills. He has been in a system that doesnt fit what he brings to the table.
chriswebb86
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by chriswebb86 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:13 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How is he a young scrub? While he hasnt played a lot with the W's, its not really his fault since he isnt that suited for the constant fastbreaking running up and down the floor type of offense.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#58 » by Smills91 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:15 pm

Ballings7 wrote:I don't know how he'll turn out, but POB really hasn't gotten any oppurtunity in the NBA. He's had guys proven already in front of him from day one, and has been in a system since his 2nd year, that doesn't favor the kind of player in size and speed that POB is.

He's gotten plenty of time in the NBDL and opportunities there, and he's sucked in the D-league, so why would he hack it in the A-league?
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#59 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:24 pm

I know he has. But it's still a different situation, and he must have worked on his game over the years. A big guy like him takes longish time to develop, as well.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#60 » by BMiller52 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:29 pm

Oh really? I'd say more often than not bigs picked outside the top 10 end up sucking. Sure there's a JON, David West, Boozer occassionally, but there are more bigs that suck than make it in the drafting range.

lol He might as well be a top 10 pick, it's 1 spot. You're just looking for reaons to say no.

Return to Sacramento Kings