ImageImageImageImageImage

Sacramento (23-25) at Golden State (29-20)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Player of the game?

Ron Artest
25%
Quincy Douby
No votes
Spencer Hawes
No votes
Spencer Hawes
No votes
Francisco Garcia
25%
Mike Bibby
25%
John Salmons
No votes
Mikki Moore
25%
Beno Udrih
No votes
Brad Miller
No votes

Total votes: 4

KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#141 » by KingInExile » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:05 am

nbenmargi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was simply pointing out a couple falsities in his post. Is there something wrong with that?

As I said before I'm not here to argue with anyone. I personally think the Kings deserved to win the game.

Well, I think you made your motives clear with this remark:
nbenmargi wrote:Anyways, I'm not here to argue. I just wanted to point out the statistics for tonight because some kings posters were on our board a few days ago claiming that Kevin Martin was better than Monta Ellis. I obviously don't think so.

It is never a good idea to take an argument from one board to another. Just keep it on the board where the debate started.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,488

Post#142 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:36 am

Warrior fans are funny. Somehow, since Ellis had a better game than a struggling Martin, they CLAIM that Ellis is a better player. Guess what guys?

Chris Paul shot 1/10 today for 2 points. Meanwhile, the Grizzles PG Conley (who was guarded by Paul alot) shot 6/11 for 16 points.

OMG CONLEY IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN CHRIS PAUL!!!

The other day, Kobe shot 3/13 for 6 points...while Vince Carter went 10/26 for 27 points...

Are the Lakers ready to trade Kobe for Vince Carter yet???

Comparing players for ONE game doesn't really work, does it?
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#143 » by bibby1023 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:45 am

I went to this game and let me tell you

if john salmons bites on one more pump fake and flies by the guy I'm gonna shoot him!
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#144 » by _SRV_ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 am

floppymoose wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not me. I've been taking Monta over Kevin since day one. And I like Kevin. But while the one game does not constitute proof of anything, it's a heck of an exclamation point.

One game isn't a heck of an exclamation, more than that, a match up between 2 players is never an indication of who's the better, there are certain match ups where one player dominates the other regularly, but the other it's agreed that the other is better, e.g Deron Williams Vs Chris Paul, Ron Artest Vs Paul Pierce, and so on.
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#145 » by BMiller52 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:54 am

bibby1023 wrote:I went to this game and let me tell you

if john salmons bites on one more pump fake and flies by the guy I'm gonna shoot him!

Just let Bibby do it for you, he'll kill him with 1 of his airballed 40 foot threes from the team bus.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#146 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:08 pm

LOL at delusional Warrior fans thinking they know more about the Kings than we do.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#147 » by Yi Jian Lian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:36 pm

i still can't believe we won this...we play horribly besides sjax and monta
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#148 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Yi Jian Lian wrote:i still can't believe we won this...we play horribly besides sjax and monta

Eh, we played horrible as well. Umm, the less horrible team won I guess... :)
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#149 » by Wolfay » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Both teams played like middle school basketball teams (and I mean BAD middle school basketball), but the Warriors kicked it up to high school basketball in the 4th.

Props to Nellie for trusting and keeping B. Davis in the game with 5 fouls, and props to Davis for not picking up that 6th when it mattered. Had Nellie took Davis out when he picked up his 5th, I think the game could've ended differently. Shame on Theus and our guards for not attacking Davis enough and keeping Moore in for so long when we all knew he wasn't grabbing the rebounds we needed. That's one of the very few times I've questioned Theus' coaching moves.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#150 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 am

I kinda get this feeling in the back to backs that I have seen so far this year that reggie's take on how to be ready is to minimize minutes as much as possible for his starters in the FIRST game (i.e. by taking a gamble on bench guys producing like Douby did in the Utah game), and then really ride them in the second night. i'm not sure that I agree with this method though, because it seems as though they then tire when he doesn't sub as much in the second half and this leads to more settling for jumpers vs. going to the hole (which would have gotten Davis out of the game sooner).
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#151 » by floppymoose » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am

Wolfay wrote:Props to Nellie for trusting and keeping B. Davis in the game with 5 fouls, and props to Davis for not picking up that 6th when it mattered. Had Nellie took Davis out when he picked up his 5th, I think the game could've ended differently. Shame on Theus and our guards for not attacking Davis enough

They did attack Davis. Beno drove at him repeatedly, and scored. There was no foul out for two reasons. The first was Baron played not to foul, which contributed to the ease with which Beno scored. The other was that the refs were probably reluctant to foul Baron out on anything borderline (although in the end they did just that).

I thought Theus did a good job. What do you folks think of him overall? So far I like what I've ehard from him in interviews, and I like what I've seen on the court (as far as coaching goes).
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#152 » by Wolfay » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:02 am

They did attack Davis. Beno drove at him repeatedly, and scored. There was no foul out for two reasons. The first was Baron played not to foul, which contributed to the ease with which Beno scored. The other was that the refs were probably reluctant to foul Baron out on anything borderline (although in the end they did just that).

I thought Theus did a good job. What do you folks think of him overall? So far I like what I've ehard from him in interviews, and I like what I've seen on the court (as far as coaching goes).

If you read what I wrote, you would've known that I said that they didn't attack him enough. Right after the 5th foul they did, but then I guess they got bored with that and decided to hand the Warriors the game.

Overall for the season I really like the job Theus has done, and I look forward to him being our coach for many seasons, but every once in a great while, he makes a questionable coaching call.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,496

Post#153 » by pillwenney » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 am

Reggie makes a questionable move every now and then, but over all, I think most of us really like him. Personally, my favorite thing about him is that he's really no BS. He just tells it like it is (as opposed to Muss who would just say everything was "phenomenal" and Rick who didn't really say much of anything). I think the players respect him for that.

More than anything, he has really instilled the right mentality into this team, and he really deserves credit for that.

Return to Sacramento Kings