ImageImageImageImageImage

Sacramento (23-25) at Golden State (29-20)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Player of the game?

Ron Artest
25%
Quincy Douby
No votes
Spencer Hawes
No votes
Spencer Hawes
No votes
Francisco Garcia
25%
Mike Bibby
25%
John Salmons
No votes
Mikki Moore
25%
Beno Udrih
No votes
Brad Miller
No votes

Total votes: 4

nbenmargi
Senior
And1: 1

Post#121 » by nbenmargi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:14 am

Good game guys.

Kevin Martin: 3-16, 9pts, 6reb, 1ast
Monta Ellis: 12-14, 34pts, 9reb, 5ast
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#122 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:16 am

I can't believe all the no calls against us! Just got ZERO respect tonight. Harrington lost that ball out of bounds too!!! They just showed the replay.....yuck. We should have had that last shot. Bunch of crap.

Good hard fought game though.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#123 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:16 am

nbenmargi wrote:Good game guys.

Kevin Martin: 3-16, 9pts, 6reb, 1ast
Monta Ellis: 12-14, 34pts, 9reb, 5ast

Why the comparison? In my years of watching the Kings, this is have to be the WORST shooting night by Martin in contrast to Monta's BEST games of his career...
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#124 » by pillwenney » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:17 am

RolloTommasi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you're right

Martin played well tonight......

Changing your argument, are you?

Kevin's D was fine tonight. We were mostly playing zone. Even when we weren't, Monte scored a ton of his points when the defense was scattered and on fast breaks--neither of which necessarily involves "schooling" anyone. But that doesn't matter right? If they both play SG, then that is how it must have worked out, right? Heck, what's the point of watching the game if that's how we're going to analyze it?

Your sarcastic tone is right--over all, Kevin had an awful game tonight, but that doesn't make your original point true. His D was fine. But I suppose you were probably just stopping by to troll anyway, so congrats--you got that in.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#125 » by Ballings7 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:18 am

Tough loss... blech

Differences: 4th qtr TOs (forced and unforced), Ellis, and Kevin being off.

Wacky game to watch, though. I liked the effort a lot.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#126 » by a-rod » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:22 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think the rule should be that you can't foul the guy until he has the ball, but I think that if there is anything they should adjust, it would be the unwritten "not calling fouls that directly impact the game because the refs don't want to directly impact the game" rule.

i meant if you foul someone intentionally in 3 point game opposite team should gets 3Fts.

but i don't think its realistic solution.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
nbenmargi
Senior

Post#127 » by nbenmargi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 am

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why the comparison? In my years of watching the Kings, this is have to be the WORST shooting night by Martin in contrast to Monta's BEST games of his career...

Tonight was the worst shooting night by Martin?

Three days ago he was 1-10 against Seattle.

In contrast, this was not the best game of Monta's career as you claim. He had 39 points on 13-18 shooting against the Nets and he's been over 30 four times this year.

Let's not forget that Monta is a 3rd scoring option on the Warriors whereas Marin is a #1.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#128 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:29 am

nbenmargi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Tonight was the worst shooting night by Martin?

In contrast, this was not the best game of Monta's career as you claim. He had 39 points on 13-18 shooting against the Nets and he's been over 30 four times this year.

Let's not forget that Monta is a 3rd scoring option on the Warriors whereas Marin is a #1.

If you watched the game (Im assuming you did), Martin missed OPEN shots, missed EASY shots, being passive as hell, and didnt have an impact on offense...To me, this is has to be the worst game from him...
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#129 » by BMiller52 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:30 am

All I can say right now is I **** hate this team, and Martin is a joke. Dude plays like an all star 1 game and then like a scrub the next. He's the next **** Peja Stojakovic. Pathetic. If I say anything else I'll get banned so I'm just going to try to forget about this POS team and play some Madden. ****
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#130 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:34 am

BMiller52 wrote:All I can say right now is I **** hate this team, and Martin is a joke. Dude plays like an all star 1 game and then like a scrub the next. He's the next **** Peja Stojakovic. Pathetic. If I say anything else I'll get banned so I'm just going to try to forget about this POS team and play some Madden. ****

+1
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#131 » by a-rod » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:36 am

BMiller52 wrote:All I can say right now is I **** hate this team, and Martin is a joke. Dude plays like an all star 1 game and then like a scrub the next. He's the next **** Peja Stojakovic. Pathetic. If I say anything else I'll get banned so I'm just going to try to forget about this POS team and play some Madden. ****

same here but not Madden i like to play MLB the show and NBA 2k8
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#132 » by KingInExile » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:37 am

nbenmargi wrote:Tonight was the worst shooting night by Martin?

Is there any real point you are trying to make, or are you just showing that you know how to look up stats? Doesn't look to me like you are trying to make any kind of productive contribution.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Post#133 » by sackings916 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:38 am

Martin will continue to be inconsistent if he keeps on being asked to create. You cant give Martin the ball and tell him to go one on one, thats not his game. He is capable of doing it at times, but he'll be inconsistent. You have to give Martin the bal off cuts, set screens for him, have him moving to the basket off curls,etc. He's not a 1 on 1 player and I dont understand why the Kings haven't figured that out yet.
nbenmargi
Senior

Post#134 » by nbenmargi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:42 am

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you watched the game (Im assuming you did), Martin missed OPEN shots, missed EASY shots, being passive as hell, and didnt have an impact on offense...To me, this is has to be the worst game from him...

What you said is true, but it's still your subjective point of view.

The objective statistics say 10% is poorer than 18%.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue. I just wanted to point out the statistics for tonight because some kings posters were on our board a few days ago claiming that Kevin Martin was better than Monta Ellis. I obviously don't think so.

Tonight's game was horrible sloppy bad basketball by both teams, but mostly by the Warriors. I agree that the refereeing was also horrible tonight. I'll be the first to say that the Warriors did not deserve this game. Monta was our hero tonight.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#135 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:43 am

sackings916 wrote:Martin will continue to be inconsistent if he keeps on being asked to create. You cant give Martin the ball and tell him to go one on one, thats not his game. He is capable of doing it at times, but he'll be inconsistent. You have to give Martin the bal off cuts, set screens for him, have him moving to the basket off curls,etc. He's not a 1 on 1 player and I dont understand why the Kings haven't figured that out yet.

I agree. Yeah, as you mentioned it, the Kings are putting Martin to a scenario that he is not comfortable...But regardless, you cant suck ass THAT much as evident to Martin's suckatude that we witness today...
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#136 » by pillwenney » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:43 am

Anyways, I'm not here to argue. I just wanted to point out the statistics for tonight because some kings posters were on our board a few days ago claiming that Kevin Martin was better than Monta Ellis. I obviously don't think so.

Tonight's game was horrible sloppy bad basketball by both teams, but mostly by the Warriors. I agree that the refereeing was also horrible tonight. I'll be the first to say that the Warriors did not deserve this game. Monta was our hero tonight.

So you're basing your argument off of one game?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#137 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:45 am

IMO this goes beyond stats. I never saw Martin suck so bad except that one game from couple days ago...
nbenmargi
Senior

Post#138 » by nbenmargi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:45 am

KingInExile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is there any real point you are trying to make, or are you just showing that you know how to look up stats? Doesn't look to me like you are trying to make any kind of productive contribution.

I was simply pointing out a couple falsities in his post. Is there something wrong with that?

As I said before I'm not here to argue with anyone. I personally think the Kings deserved to win the game.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#139 » by floppymoose » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 am

mitchweber wrote:So you're basing your argument off of one game?

Not me. I've been taking Monta over Kevin since day one. And I like Kevin. But while the one game does not constitute proof of anything, it's a heck of an exclamation point.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#140 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:55 am

C'mon guys, Kevin didn't get the calls tonight, he was off. Don't go flying off the handle yet.

And the debate is easy, as an age old NBA rule you ALWAYS take the 6'2" tweener with no 3 point range over a player like Kevin Martin. ALWAYS.

Really it is a stupid debate, compare Monta to Ben Gordon if you are looking for a comparison. Kevin Martin is a totally different player. Monta is a fine player but seriously, they are really hard to compare. Monta isn't a full time starter on 28 other NBA teams if he were anywhere else. Maybe a poor mans AI? Good player but lets just stop with the apples and oranges crap already.

Return to Sacramento Kings