ImageImageImageImageImage

Please make a trade, Petrie

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Please make a trade, Petrie 

Post#1 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:32 am

It is apparent that our team will NOT make the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing us beat teams like the Spurs, Magic, Jazz, etc one night and suddenly get blown out by terrible teams such as the Grizzles, Sonics, Clippers...

For the sake of the Kings fans... PLEASE MAKE A TRADE. Give us a future to HOPE for. Kevin Martin is really the ONLY thing we have to look forward to. What are we supposed to do? Just wait for Bibby/Artest/KT to leave and "hope" we get good draft picks and FAs? At least get rid of them NOW for a bag of chips and let's get the rebuilding going NOW. It seems like our team thinks we are "above" the lower teams and just doesn't even try. Now, all teams have to do is double Martin and we lose. Artest isn't a consistant player and Bibby....well...don't get me started on Bibby.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#2 » by Wolfay » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 am

If Obama doesn't win the presidency, I say we hire him as our next GM. It's change we can believe in.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#3 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 am

I think Petrie will make a deal by the deadline, I'm getting as impatient as any of the rest of us to see what happens, but I think the Gasol & Shaq trades help us in moving some people we'd like to.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Smills91 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:09 am

Wolfay wrote:If Obama doesn't win the presidency, I say we hire him as our next GM. It's change we can believe in.

WHAT? What change? What has he ever done? NOTHING..He's all talk, ZERO walk.
ethiosew
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#5 » by ethiosew » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:11 am

Wolfay wrote:If Obama doesn't win the presidency, I say we hire him as our next GM. It's change we can believe in.

:pray:
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#6 » by Wolfay » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:19 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WHAT? What change? What has he ever done? NOTHING..He's all talk, ZERO walk.

I would have to disagree, but even if he doesn't have the walk, it's still better than walking BACKWARDS like every Republican has done. That's as far as I'm gong to take that, so KIE/ICMTM/mitch won't yell at me.
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Please make a trade, Petrie 

Post#7 » by UKF » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:It is apparent that our team will NOT make the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing us beat teams like the Spurs, Magic, Jazz, etc one night and suddenly get blown out by terrible teams such as the Grizzles, Sonics, Clippers...

For the sake of the Kings fans... PLEASE MAKE A TRADE. Give us a future to HOPE for. Kevin Martin is really the ONLY thing we have to look forward to. What are we supposed to do? Just wait for Bibby/Artest/KT to leave and "hope" we get good draft picks and FAs? At least get rid of them NOW for a bag of chips and let's get the rebuilding going NOW. It seems like our team thinks we are "above" the lower teams and just doesn't even try. Now, all teams have to do is double Martin and we lose. Artest isn't a consistant player and Bibby....well...don't get me started on Bibby.

WORD
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

Hopefully we do something otherwise we lose tons of value going into next season. We could really use a pick in the mid to late 1st this year. We could get as many as 2 to 3 legit PF prospects out of the 1st and 2nd rounds this year.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Smills91 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:34 am

Wolfay wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would have to disagree, but even if he doesn't have the walk, it's still better than walking BACKWARDS like every Republican has done. That's as far as I'm gong to take that, so KIE/ICMTM/mitch won't yell at me.

Are you kidding me? I will not support McCain, but give me a break, the Presidency is NOT an internship which is exactly what it boils down to with EITHER current democrat candidate. McCain sucks, but Obama and Hillary suck harder.
Dustin5566
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#10 » by Dustin5566 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:41 am

Is this the political forum????
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#11 » by KingInExile » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 am

This has hopelessly digressed.

I know I have not set the most perfect example when it comes to injecting political comments into threads (especially when Smills says something that really pisses me off, which happens a lot). However this board really is about the Kings...not about politics. As this election cycle progresses I predict that the urge to discuss the campaigns will grow. Please fight that urge...I will do the same. If you really want to discuss the campaign, please confine it to the community thread.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.

Return to Sacramento Kings