ImageImageImageImageImage

Who's the next one to go?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#101 » by BMiller52 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:43 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Lue will be the next one to go :wink:

Please tell me you know something the rest of us don't. I'd love to get a 2nd rounder and reopen up a roster spot for JWill. Lue serves no purpose here but could help a team like Boston or PHX out.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#102 » by dozencousins » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:50 am

alot of us know that lue has been rumored to boston or phoenix
the kings just got him and did not waive him plus he didnt play if the kings were going to keep him i am sure they would have him playing time tonight but instead they played anthony johnson as the back up !

i would bet lue is traded on wednesday & dont be suprised if we do 2 trades tommorow i think petrie is very far from being done trading right now !

who he cant move now he will likely move in the offseason ....
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#103 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 am

I think the JWill ship has sailed. I don't think they have any interest in bringing him back and they probably realize that is the best thing for him. He needs A LOT of development to be a legit NBA player and as much as I hate to admit it, the place for him is not here. Especially with Shelden now apart of the team.

He'd be better served to go off into the D-league. Even signing on to another NBA team to be put in the situation he was here would be a mistake. He can DOMINATE the D-league, hopefully getting another shot down the line. He needs to prove himself, and more importantly he needs the chance to do so.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#104 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:24 am

SKZZZ wrote:He'd be better served to go off into the D-league. Even signing on to another NBA team to be put in the situation he was here would be a mistake. He can DOMINATE the D-league, hopefully getting another shot down the line. He needs to prove himself, and more importantly he needs the chance to do so.

Exactly. I feel better about letting him go because of this.

SKZZZ wrote:I am sure Kenny gets bought out if he is here past the deadline. Was he at the game tonight? I didn't see him.

I don't think that's a definite, but I've thought this a legit possibility for a little while now. His future with this team has basically already been told to him, and it's not respectable.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#105 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Rocky Mountain News -
A Denver source said he would 'bet against' the Nuggets making a trade for Ron Artest ahead of Thursday's deadline.

The fact that Artest can opt out after the season and the upside of Linas Kleiza makes the trade less tempting to Denver.

"It's kind of flattering," Kleiza said of the trades being discussed that include him. "But you've got to stay focused. There are a lot of rumors. I'm here and hope to stay here a long time."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... of_denver/

Good. Kleiza's a better fit for Denver's team.

And this still isn't serious with Denver. I'd prefer to not do that trade, especially since KT isn't a factor. Plus I don't think Ron fits that well with the Nuggets, and doesn't make Denver a title contender because of their multiple other weaknesses still there.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Sacramento Kings