ImageImageImageImageImage

Naked Kings

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

and2premiere
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Naked Kings 

Post#1 » by and2premiere » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Is it me or do the kings look naked without Bibby? It seems really weird without him there. I didn't get to see the game. How did the new guys feel? I know it's only one game, but first impressions count.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#2 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Actually I think that just like earlier in the season when he was out they look a LOT physically tougher and m,ore aggressive.

Bibby was lazy on top of everything else and especially so since he got back (knowing that he was going to be traded).
GMcapable
Ballboy

Post#3 » by GMcapable » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Watching Bibby fumble around last night in LA made me feel a lot better about the trade. Even though we got ATL bench trash in return if Williams can be the player he was drafted to be it was worth it. Mike is done. It sucks to say but if you go back 5-7 years Petrie has great timing with trades. With the exception of Turk he seems to dump players at the end of the careers...i.e Bobby, Vlade, Richmond, Peja, Webber and Christie. I mean with the exception of Peja who is having a decent year but bound for an injury any time who would you take back.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by backer55 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Bibby being hurt a lot during the past couple years eases the pain some. It's not like he has played every game.

I don't know that Bibby was lazy. He definetly played the role of journeyman, been there done that, and at times appeared to loose his drive. He still wanted to be "the man", but sometimes the effort that he needed to give, just wasn't in him. Again, this eases things.

Take back? Seems to me that Petrie gave up a young'"practice stud" guy that could jump a bit. He's having a pretty good year. We saw him on the floor so seldom, his name escapes me.
GMcapable
Ballboy

Post#5 » by GMcapable » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:58 pm

backer55 wrote:Bibby being hurt a lot during the past couple years eases the pain some. It's not like he has played every game.

I don't know that Bibby was lazy. He definetly played the role of journeyman, been there done that, and at times appeared to loose his drive. He still wanted to be "the man", but sometimes the effort that he needed to give, just wasn't in him. Again, this eases things.

Take back? Seems to me that Petrie gave up a young'"practice stud" guy that could jump a bit. He's having a pretty good year. We saw him on the floor so seldom, his name escapes me.

Dude Wallace has been hurt every year and hes getting paid more than Rip Hamilton do you really wish he was here?
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by backer55 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah, That's the guy, Wallace. I like athletic players and he was one. My understanding is that after leaving the Kings, he was doing pretty good. That's all i infering. He must have achieved some level of success to warrent that kind of money, no?

Do i wish he were here? I'm trying to deal with the present guys maybe having to pack and ship it. Wallace maybe should have been given another year or two here but that issue and circumstance has long past.

Return to Sacramento Kings