ImageImageImageImageImage

What if....

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#21 » by a-rod » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Smills91 wrote:If i get the #1 pick though, I take Rose. He has a defined postion/role/talent in the NBA. While Beasley is a VERY good player, this reminds me of the Glenn Robinson/Jason Kidd dilemma over a decade ago. I'd much rather have Kidd than Robinson and I'd much rather have Rose than Beasley(even though I think Beasley will be a better overall player than Robinson was). You can't go wrong with either, but I take Rose.

In the NBA you draft Players with high potentials, proven college players
are nice, but their not usually Hall of famers.

for example, the Magic decided to go for big-time potential over a proven college player by picking Howard over UConn
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
K-Town King
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#22 » by K-Town King » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:07 am

deNIEd wrote:I have the number 1 pick, I'd trade down to number 2.

The majority of teams out there will most likely pick Beasley, and if our target is Rose, we could easily get something out of the number 2 team. A few more 2nd round picks, a swap of a contract, cash, something.

Of the possible Lotto teams,
I see
Miami, Seattle, Memphis, Clippers, Charlotte, Chicago, Indiana, New Jersey taking Beasley for sure
Minnesota, New York, Milwaukee, Portland, Denver taking Rose

Only problem with that is that either team can't go wrong with picking between Rose or Beasley no one's will want to trade a possible pick, or player just to get a player of the same value both are seen to be potential studs.
When the University of Hawaii wins the most of your favorite teams you have a problem

Return to Sacramento Kings