Kings Re-Sign Beno

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Re: Kings Re-Sign Beno 

Post#81 » by KF10 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 am

As for Udrih, he made it known that he's taking his new contract very seriously.
He decided not to play for his Slovenian national team because he's more interested earning his money with the Kings. Udrih is heading to Vegas on Friday to get in shape while working with Kings strength coach Daniel Shapiro for five days.
"I want to get in the best shape for training camp so that when it comes we can start getting ready for the team," Udrih said. "(The contract) comes with a lot of responsibility. I feel that (responsibility), and I'm going to go try to get better and get in the best shape I can."
For fans looking to welcome their point guard back to Sacramento, he's doing two appearances this evening at the Best Buy stores in Sacramento and Roseville

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

That's good to hear.
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#82 » by King Baller » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:47 am

kingsfan10 wrote:
As for Udrih, he made it known that he's taking his new contract very seriously.
He decided not to play for his Slovenian national team because he's more interested earning his money with the Kings. Udrih is heading to Vegas on Friday to get in shape while working with Kings strength coach Daniel Shapiro for five days.
"I want to get in the best shape for training camp so that when it comes we can start getting ready for the team," Udrih said. "(The contract) comes with a lot of responsibility. I feel that (responsibility), and I'm going to go try to get better and get in the best shape I can."
For fans looking to welcome their point guard back to Sacramento, he's doing two appearances this evening at the Best Buy stores in Sacramento and Roseville

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

That's good to hear.

I will second that. Great news about Beno, be a gym rat!!!

KB
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#83 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 pm

If he averages "7 or 8 assists" like Thues wants him to, I will take back EVERYTHING I said bout him.
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
norcal07
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#84 » by norcal07 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Honestly coming into this last season I had no idea who Beno Udrih was. And I think that we pulled another Mike Bibby/Kenny Thomas situation here(over paying our players). IMO I think that Beno is just an average player and due to our lack of talent at the position (following the Mike Bibby to Atlanta trade) he will be the starting PG on the Kings.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#85 » by deNIEd » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:54 am

Funny to look back and see people's reactions
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#86 » by pillwenney » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:59 am

deNIEd wrote:Funny to look back and see people's reactions

I hate the way Beno's playing right now, but it really is ridiculous to say anything after less than 5 games. I mean really try to step outside of watching him right now and look at this objectively. It's really quite absurd to say anything about anybody 5 games into a season. It can be hard for fans sometimes to not do that, but that's just the reality of it. It's way, way too early.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#87 » by deNIEd » Thu Nov 6, 2008 6:44 am

But you have to admit, if you go between this and the other Beno thread, its funny watching some people so happy and glad that we made an AMAZING signing and Petrie is the MAN, to, Beno sucks, Bobby Brown should be starting. Get rid of Beno for anything.

Lol.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#88 » by pillwenney » Thu Nov 6, 2008 10:25 am

deNIEd wrote:But you have to admit, if you go between this and the other Beno thread, its funny watching some people so happy and glad that we made an AMAZING signing and Petrie is the MAN, to, Beno sucks, Bobby Brown should be starting. Get rid of Beno for anything.

Lol.

Yeah, but the funnier part is people being overly reactionary right now instead of the change in opinion. Or I guess more than anything it's funny that such a strong opinion could change basically over night. But then again, I haven't kept track of who said what in this thread and who exactly is actually calling for Beno's head right now (from what I've seen, few people are).
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#89 » by King Baller » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:36 am

If you make every game a life-and-death thing, you're going to have problems. You'll be dead a lot. ~Dean Smith
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh

Return to Sacramento Kings