ImageImageImageImageImage

Brad suspended for 5 games (drugs)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

norcal07
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Brad suspended for 5 games (drugs) 

Post#21 » by norcal07 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 am

Just another reason to let him go. I've never liked Brad playing the Center especially out here in the Western Conference. The Kings organization should never have gave him the contract they did. Now the fans have to sit and watch a injury prone/over payed undersized Center, that should be playing the PF position, try to play out the remain time left on his contract.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#22 » by KF10 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 am

norcal07 wrote:Just another reason to let him go. I've never liked Brad playing the Center especially out here in the Western Conference. The Kings organization should never have gave him the contract they did. Now the fans have to sit and watch a injury prone/over payed undersized Center, that should be playing the PF position, try to play out the remain time left on his contract.

Undersized? He is a legit 7 feet center.
wiltchamberlain
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by wiltchamberlain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 pm

And isn't he something in the neighborhood of 260? Not very small. Maybe you mean to say he plays like he's undersized? That I think most would agree with.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#24 » by ICMTM » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:09 pm

91siccx wrote:...and it ain't a big deal, i mean its going to be made a big deal since he's a athlete and a role model and all that but, lol its just a little chronic guys.

He's been marketed as a good guy. All the times Grant Napier stood up for Brad while he argued with the officials...I'm laughing at him right now. All the times Jerry made the Kendalville references and how Brad is a "good ole boy." All the the times they both gloated this guy is the prime example of how to behave, and how active he is in the community....

That's why it's a big deal. He was built up as a role model, and it got blazed in the air if you will by this incident!
wiltchamberlain
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by wiltchamberlain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:21 pm

That's something I didn't think about, how will Grant react to the news. I haven't listened to his craptastic show for some time, but I do recall that whenever Brad was on in the past they talked like a couple going steady or something.
mobiuseinz
Analyst
And1: 8

Post#26 » by mobiuseinz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:53 pm

picture this image in your heads boys and gals

"A car zooms past a red light going 90 mph. Driving the vehicle is ex-Kings coach Mussleman, and in one hand he is holding a liquor bottle. Sitting next to Mussleman is the Kings center Brad Miller hitting his bong pipe. In the back seat, wearing a seatbelt is none other than the Kings Small Forward Ronald Artest... but wait, what is that he is holding? Oh its just a dog leash he has going out the window!"
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#27 » by DFolks » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:19 pm

lol ^^^^^
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#28 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:58 am

Indeed, ICMTM.

Grant will probably let this go okay because Brad isn't Ron Artest :P.

God, what a little baby Grant is sometimes.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,807

Post#29 » by floppymoose » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:27 am

_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#30 » by _SRV_ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:44 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... uspension/

Sometimes things have to get really bad before I fix things in my life, and that's (how) it's been my whole life," Miller admitted.

He failed a drug test for a third time because of marijuana use late last season.

"All the stress gets to you, and this is one way to take my mind off of everything. I'll look for something different. I don't like sleeping pills – that's my biggest problem," Miller said.

"It's tough to sleep, you know. And you know, the people who might think I'm a bad guy for this – I'm not a bad guy. I'm still me. It's just one thing I thought would help," he added. "It obviously wasn't the right thing to do, but it was helpful to my mental state."

It was maijuana after all.
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Kobe gets bailed out more than Wall Street.
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#31 » by DFolks » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm

ya, he didn't need that apology.. Its f'n weed.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,751

Post#32 » by DanoMac » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Haha sweet Brad Miller's a bro.

Return to Sacramento Kings