ImageImageImageImageImage

Oct 7- Kings vs Blazer Preseason Game 7PM PST CSNET

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,517

Re: Oct 7- Kings vs Blazer Preseason Game 7PM PST CSNET 

Post#41 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:17 am

Also, just realized something even worse. Roy and Rodriguez, Portland's starting backcourt, in a total of 44 minutes, has 14 assists combined...our ENTIRE team has 8!

I guess the only positive here is that we only have 6 turnovers...
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#42 » by pillwenney » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:17 am

and2premiere wrote:
KingInExile wrote:
and2premiere wrote:is anybody else starting to dislike John Salmons just a lil?

Like mitch said...it's the first game, plus he's still nursing a groin pull.

I know it's the first pre season game, but it's the same crap carried over from last season. Dribble x3 then drive it in.

If he's nursing a groin injury, it should give him more reason not to do what he's doing.

IDK..maybe i'm still frustrated with him from last season.

He's taking the same shots that had him at 18PPG at 50% from the field last year. He's just having an off night--which is pretty common in the preseason.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by pillwenney » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:24 am

I know it's preseason, but if I had to think of one word to describe this game, it would be: "Gaaaaaahhhh".
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#44 » by Wolfay » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:29 am

I hope this is just preseason rust (A LOT of rust), or we're going to lose a lot of games this season.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#45 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:30 am

Nice pass by Garcia.....off of the back of Jason's head. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by pillwenney » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:34 am

Wolfay wrote:I hope this is just preseason rust (A LOT of rust), or we're going to lose a lot of games this season.

Well it's a lot of things. First, missing Brad and Kevin hurts a lot. Second, Portland is flat out better than us and hyped up by their fans and Oden's debut. Third, we're giving minutes to young guys who aren't ready to really contribute to a winning team. Fourth, it is preseason, guys are rusty, and they don't have all that much experience together. Fifth, we're just not a good matchup (nobody on our team comes remotely close to holding Oden down). Sixth we don't seem to have much of an offensive system down yet. Seventh, our defense was horrid.
HUBlackstar83
Junior
And1: 16

Post#47 » by HUBlackstar83 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:41 am

Not bad for the first pre-season game. We looked real good in the first half. It looks to be very exciting season for us. I wish Kevin would have played tonight, but it's all good.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#48 » by PDXKnight » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:44 am

It's too bad Martin and Miller weren't able to play today. If K-Mart and Miller would've played, I'm betting we'd be looking at a very close score. Anyways, I liked the talent that I did see today. The Kings are clearly one of the better up and coming teams in the league.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#49 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:48 am

The first half we looked pretty good but just like last season is was fools gold. Jerrry and Grant were praising the small amount of turnovers but we only had 7 assists. Even moreso now that we no longer have Artest this team needs to play cohesive TEAM basketball. It should come in time and Reggie throwing random lineups out there didn't help.

The only real positives I saw were Cisco's play and poise Donte Greene showed. This team really needs to let these young guys go. It may be tough at times but it will only help in the long run.
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#50 » by BlazertheGreek » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:48 am

Don't worry about it too much Kings fans, you were playing without two of your best scorers. Kevin Martin is a stud and Brad Miller is a force. Its only one preseason game.

I only posted here because I have always seen Kings fans on Blazer boards act classy so I thought I would return the same. Good luck during the season.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#51 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:55 am

Another positive is that this team was most likely humbled tonight. Especially Reggie, I think as a coach he gets a little cocky at times.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#52 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:57 am

Definitely a "take the lumps" type of game for the Kings. Not much of an offensive system there, but still, first preseason game. We'll have to see what happens as the regular season nears and they get more experience playing together.

We really could have used a playmaker out there. Spencer disappointed me, he was shooting too many jumpers on offense and was abused on defense. Not much effort on the boards either. Just wasn't in it mentally.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#53 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:02 am

Cruel_Ruin wrote:Definitely a "take the lumps" type of game for the Kings. Not much of an offensive system there, but still, first preseason game. We'll have to see what happens as the regular season nears and they get more experience playing together.

We really could have used a playmaker out there. Spencer disappointed me, he was shooting too many jumpers on offense and was abused on defense. Not much effort on the boards either. Just wasn't in it mentally.

Our main problem early, besides finding a rhythm, is going to be rebounding. Mikki had a total of 1. 1. I repeat... 1!!!
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#54 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:03 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:The first half we looked pretty good but just like last season is was fools gold. Jerrry and Grant were praising the small amount of turnovers but we only had 7 assists. Even moreso now that we no longer have Artest this team needs to play cohesive TEAM basketball. It should come in time and Reggie throwing random lineups out there didn't help.

The only real positives I saw were Cisco's play and poise Donte Greene showed. This team really needs to let these young guys go. It may be tough at times but it will only help in the long run.

Well, you can't fault Reggie for experimenting in Preseason. I think there's a little more to be optimistic about though. We didn't have a single playmaker out there, and Spencer isn't ready to be that playmaker yet. I was impressed with the scoring ability of Donte Greene and the hustle of Jason Thompson, these guys need playing time this year. I thought we played some pretty solid defense with the Greene/Thompson/Shelden frontcourt, and I'd like to see that used more often.

Just imagine if we had, say, Ricky Rubio running the show from the point guard position how much better we would have looked. We had 9 total assists this game; that's just awful. Though, I'm really excited about Donte and Jason.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#55 » by KF10 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:11 am

I didn't saw significant parts of the game due to living outside of Sacramento (College) So, it will be a little difficult of seeing Kings games this year (I think I will break my consecutive Kings game views this year...I haven't missed a Kings game since 05'..Oh well...) But yeah, I just saw the 3rd and 4th quarter on a live stream (It craps out plenty of times...gets frustrating) But yeah, our offense seems sloppy and disorganize but more freedom IMO. To keep it short, the Kings will have growing pains due to the learning curve of the triangle offense, rebuilding, young and inexperience...I won't say they will suck horribly though(I'm still sticking to my original projected win totals..which is in the mid 30s)
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#56 » by King Baller » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:43 am

First I got to give the Blazers their props. Oden, Aldridge and Roy are a young big 3. They are 10 deep with quality players! The Blazers look like they have the ingredients to challenge the Lakers, Spurs and Hornets, barring injury.

The Kings looked OK playing without their two best players. Salmons had a bad night. Hawes did to, Oden played a large role in Hawes bad night:) The rookies looked pretty good in the first half. The other Kings played about how I expected in this first preseason game. Some good and some bad.

Defending Oden is going to be the primary focus of every squad facing Portland. I am thinking only Shaq and maybe Howard can deal with Oden without the double team.

KB

PS Damn I mentioned Oden 3 times, once in every paragraph. Get used to it fellas:)
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#57 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:06 am

First off, Oden= no chance for us on the defensive end. Second of all lets not get too discouraged, were not only very young, but we are pretty much a new team with a different rotation and system...so its going to take a while for us to get going. Oden was amazing but looked even better due to the fact that Hawes cant guard me or you.

On the bright side, Jason thompson and Donte Greene look fantastic and i couldnt be more excited. I really like how we are making a concerted effort to get out and run. Im still looking for Beno to be a little more pass-first as well.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,517

Post#58 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:08 am

I can understand our offensive woes since 1) its the first preseason game and 2) it was a new team out there without Brad, Martin, and obviously no Ron anymore, so thats 3/5 of the starting lineup from last year...but the defense was pathetic. Doesn't matter who you get on the floor, allowing 110 in a preseason game is terrible.

But still, shooting 28% is pretty damn bad.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#59 » by Wolfay » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:15 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Our main problem early, besides finding a rhythm, is going to be rebounding. Mikki had a total of 1. 1. I repeat... 1!!!

No kidding. I averaged more than that as a short backup guard in elementary school. The basketball god of rebounding won't be kind to us this season.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#60 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:38 am

Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Our main problem early, besides finding a rhythm, is going to be rebounding. Mikki had a total of 1. 1. I repeat... 1!!!

No kidding. I averaged more than that as a short backup guard in elementary school. The basketball god of rebounding won't be kind to us this season.

And we have been talking about this for YEARS, even when we were great and i cant understand why in the hell we havent fixed that issue yet. Forget about the whole "we need a number one option" thing, why the hell cant we get one decent rebounder?

Return to Sacramento Kings