ImageImageImageImageImage

*OT, Kaka rejects, $147 million contract*

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

*OT, Kaka rejects, $147 million contract* 

Post#1 » by deNIEd » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 am

Now, I know that most likely most of you don't follow or care for European soccer at all, but recently, a player from AC Milan, Kaka (2007 player of the year), rejected a $147 million dollar transfer to Manchester City.

He would have made roughly 37 mil a year USD after taxes, until his contract runs out in 2013. (I'm not completely sure of the details, I only follow English League Soccer)

Well, good for him. Showing that money isn't the only important thing in his life, but instead his playing situation and loyalty to his team/teammates.

Now, if that same contract was offered to say Lebron, Wade, Kobe, or any other NBA player, do you think they would reject such an offer? Or are most NBA players money whores that only care about their bank account.
mobiuseinz
Analyst
And1: 8

Re: *OT, Kaka rejects, $147 million contract* 

Post#2 » by mobiuseinz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:59 am

Still, AC wont win the Champions League... its Barca or Juve (I still think Del Piero can pull it out of his ass)

Maybe Kobe or Lebron would go for that money, but they have so much money that they don't need any more... they want to win... now if the money was offered to me... hehe
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Re: *OT, Kaka rejects, $147 million contract* 

Post#3 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:30 pm

I'd like to see Robihno and Kaka together! There is a thread on this in the Soccer forum, so I'm going to lock this one.
KANGZZZZZ!

Return to Sacramento Kings