Kings @ Bucks...

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Kings @ Bucks... 

Post#1 » by KingInExile » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:11 am

Well, more than half way through and the Kings are still in it. Will they finally find their first win agains the East, or will they just add another ping pong ball to the bucket? Frankly, I want a win!

Thompson's having yet another good night with 12/6 on better than 70% shooting from the field. The team is also doing an unusually good job sharing and taking care of the ball, racking up 18 assists and only 9 turnovers. The defense could be much better, but at least they are not getting blown out like last week.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
thebiggesthomer
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Kings @ Bucks... 

Post#2 » by thebiggesthomer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:40 am

Miller 2 Ast away from a triple double
NEXTSELECTION
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NEXTSELECTION » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:03 am

They chocked away another game, lmao.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#4 » by deNIEd » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:03 am

Ugh

on the bright side 38 more games until Blake Griffin
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,454

Post#5 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 am

Saw the last several minutes of the game. Argh. Oh well. Kings played somewhat well compared to other games...

I rofl'd at Miller's first attempt of the shot. His "leaning to the basket" shot. (2nd to last Kings possession of the game) For some reason, I get upset and laughing my *** off when he does that type of shots during the closing seconds. I always see that shot throughout the years, when Miller tries to shoot...
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Smills91 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 am

Wasn't that just a perfect game for THIS season. Everyone plays well, youngins get some good minutes. JT looked SUPERB, Miller was great and yet we still LOSE helping our lotto chances more, unbelieveable! And I can't believe that call they gave Jefferson at 16 seconds, then the lack of a call the very next play when they showed Jefferson pushing Miller in the hip as he was shooting. PATHETIC.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 am

When Brad Miller is on top of his game, or the offense is run through him, we are much better team.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,454

Post#8 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:54 am

Well, look at the last two possessions of the game for the Kings.

1st possession: Beno receives the ball...being pressured...high screen and roll...Miller missed running shot (one hander?)...

2nd possession: Martin receives the ball...defensive attention on Martin...crisp pass to Miller...open jumper top of key missed by Miller....

To be honest, I just didn't liked the last two plays drawn by Natt. We should have ran a double screen for either Martin/Salmons...Or have them attack the basket...if fails, just pass it to Garcia for the open jumper or something..=/

The last time Miller hit a clutch basket in the closing seconds of the game (less than ~4 sec in the game) was the 2005 (?) game against the Lakers, when Miller hit a clutch three to tie the game...iirc that is when Kenny Thomas just pwned Luke Walton in OT...dropped a triple double on him... :lol: Fun, fun game.
Danimal1730
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Danimal1730 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah in that same game Kobe went for 50 and bibby went for 40. IIRC Miller was also 2-12 prior to that shot
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,522

Post#10 » by pillwenney » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 am

I didn't have any problems with the last two plays. Brad just missed good shots. The third to last play (IIRC) with Beno in the post though, was crap.

Statistically, the big difference-maker in the game was rebounding--more specifically rebounding from our wings. Our bigs all did a good job on the boards, but everybody else combined for only 8 boards. We scored much more efficiently, but Milwaukee just got many more opportunities because of the advantage on the boards.

But that's statistically. Really though, I'd blame the defense. Milwaukee didn't have an amazing offensive game, but they shouldn't even have a decent one when Redd's only in for half the game and there's no Bogut. That's just inexcusable.

Return to Sacramento Kings