Kings @ Warriors

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

bflewis
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Kings @ Warriors 

Post#81 » by bflewis » Thu Apr 2, 2009 5:45 am

how can u say nethin bout beno?
he played well tonight + stepped up 2 bring it into OT!
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#82 » by perezident » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:45 am

"Wheeew, wow that was close, we almost did something dumb -- like win!"
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#83 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:48 am

I just looked at the nba.com boxscore and i found this a little wierd but very funny.
The golden state list had

M.Belinelli DND - Right Ankle
G.Hill DNP - Old Age/Lack of Talent
S.Jackson NWT - Surgery, Left Foot
B.Wright DND - Left Shoulder

This might be a stupid question, but what is grant hill doing on the GS boxscores?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Kodiak Is. King
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#84 » by Kodiak Is. King » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:55 am

great to read submissions and conversations on this site...i read them all

i think these last 2 games have been great efforts and brutal losses. but not brutal like the playoffs. in fact, these losses are learning experiences for next year...stepping stones with silver linings

the artest trade was so solid as we get the houston pick which is surprisingly low
i hope greene will improve into next season and begin a series of increasingly breakout years... i know we have seen him little but is there a thought on his progress/potential? --what do we think of his future potential...i think it is quite positive though we know not with so few minutes of gametime experience

our future is super solid and with great promise if we can draft a great forward and great point guard...great in terms of their prospect and potential. too, we need a new coach. i believe avery johnson is the man for the helm; i favor johnson for his winning career (instant respect in locker room as in singletary with niners) and his point guard understanding and his experience working/playing with hall of fame frontliners. too, he will learn from dallas experience and be hungry for success and ready to surround himself with the right pieces. he is a coach which will demand much, and with his pedigree, he will have greater opportunity to earn the necessary respect of our young aspiring players...

in terms of draft...of course I hope for Griffin. if so, i want to keep Thomson! the frontline of Hawes, Griffin, Noc starting backed by Thompson and Greene is top notch...especially if Greene can alter his status with Noc...Garcia surely is versatile here and the 3 spot will be highly competetitve...

and of course Kenny! (I respect KT)

that frontline is beyond promising

the 2 guard triage of Martin, McCants and Garcia has great potential for excellence

then top draft point guard (I like Wake Forest T. )...seeking clutch winner like Bibby being backed by Beno...overtime...our 1rst and 2nd units there are talented, competetive, balanced, young and athletic.

or even trade later picks to move up to get desired pg...time to make the move with 3 major additions...forward, pg, coach
make the push next year i think...have the pieces in place for many year run...2010 too far!

in terms of the game...seems like we did get outcoached. a coach that can't reinforce defense doesn't have desired control of the team i think.
also...gotta play Hawes!

still, i am so positive for next year...even if we don't get griffin, if we can get a stud pg, forward, coach...pieces are in place to improve...and improving with exciting pieces of winning potential is the key to fans maintaining perspective.

this team has shown pride last two nights...has me psyched for future playoff runs and championships (ludicrous I know but it seems possible to me with petrie's impressive rebuilding)
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#85 » by pillwenney » Thu Apr 2, 2009 8:30 am

Just finished watching. What a ridiculous game.

Oh, and Spencer was out for good reason. He was playing like absolute crap. We tried utilizing the size advantage with him down low, and he did nothing with it.
artest420
Junior
And1: 1

Post#86 » by artest420 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:19 pm

did Kodiak Is. King say he respects kenny thomas? i never thought i would see kenny thomas and respect in the same sentence...
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#87 » by J-Rich- » Thu Apr 2, 2009 9:09 pm

simonbampfield wrote:I just looked at the nba.com boxscore and i found this a little wierd but very funny.
The golden state list had

M.Belinelli DND - Right Ankle
G.Hill DNP - Old Age/Lack of Talent
S.Jackson NWT - Surgery, Left Foot
B.Wright DND - Left Shoulder

This might be a stupid question, but what is grant hill doing on the GS boxscores?

its probably just a lame april fools joke
Kodiak Is. King
Ballboy

Post#88 » by Kodiak Is. King » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:26 am

i respect Kenny Thomas all the way to quick retirement
NATHANBIBBY
Senior

Post#89 » by NATHANBIBBY » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:53 am

mitchweber wrote:Just finished watching. What a ridiculous game.

SacTownKings4Life
Starter
And1: 118

Post#90 » by SacTownKings4Life » Sat Apr 4, 2009 12:28 am

... Um, wow. No love, or even an acknowledgement of K-Mart's first career 50 point game?
Matter of fact, people STILL wanna see him traded. I know they lost and all, but still...
It seems like with each passing year, Kings fans get more & more fickle.

Suppose atlanta had "blown the team up" when they were still young & inexperienced, JUST BECAUSE they weren't winning at the moment? Look at them now? They took freakin BOSTON to the limit last year (and probably should have won). This year they have home court advantage.
All that would never have happened...
Rebuilding is a process. You have to have patience. There is no quick fix thats gonna get us to the playoffs & beyond. And scrapping a CURRENTLY ineffective young team is CERTAINLY not the answer.

We've had a good 8 year run, but nothing lasts forever. EVENTUALLY there's gonna come a time when you've gotta start over. "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo"
The first couple years that we FINALLY fall from contention, people wanna go crazy & trade everybody if we don't win RIGHT NOW. News flash! We're NOT gonna win right now. There isn't any ONE move that can change that.
I don't think Lebron James himself could help this team all on his own. We just need to show some semblence of patience and allow a couple years for our young guys to mature. Thats our only option at this point, because nobody's going to COME to sacramento anytime soon.
Just
Image Image
B Cuz

Return to Sacramento Kings