Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

hard49
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Cammo's 2009 Big Board 

Post#41 » by hard49 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:32 am

Pretty fair to start the season....

Seems like we just finished the 2008 draft. Time to roll.

Here is hoping that on of those top 4 end up in Memphis.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#42 » by RyGuy24 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:39 am

I think Monroe would be higher if he declares. Many mocks just assume he's returning since he's going to GT, but from what i've seen he could be a legit one and done guy.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#43 » by old rem » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 am

RyGuy24 wrote:
old rem wrote:
OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:2009 = weakest draft ever

It's something of a mystery draft...and this list seems to penalize those who DID something to merit a pro future while rewarding unproven but hyped up kids who MIGHT have some game eventually....or not.

Hansborough,S Curry and Hudson way down there...nothing like a 20 ppg season to show you can't outplay the 15th best (maybe) high school guy.

What's with BJ Mullin hype? At best he might match the overrated Spencer Hawes. As has been the case before....a lot of these guys won't make the "best case" progress and some won't even enter yet.
Meanwhile,a lot of teams have been burned speculating on raw HS/freshman types. By the time some of them are useful their rookie contract is up. Had their skill ripened a bit they'd be NBA ready faster and also teams would have a better read on just what they are getting. A 19 yr old can have some razzle dazzle but not have a rounded team game,may not give a full effort most of the time or may lack work ethic or the basketball IQ to get much better.

Fine. Hansborough is who I want GSW to get and if we get him cheap..lucky for us.

Maybe the fact that he has similiar skills but is 5 times more athletic?

Really? 5X more? I wonder who was wearing his Jersey in the game I saw.
CENSORED... No comment.
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#44 » by sonic-ben » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:23 pm

OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:2009 = weakest draft ever

I hope the Sonics get the Hall of Famer like in 90
Go cougs
RyGuy24
General Manager

Post#45 » by RyGuy24 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:59 am

Really? 5X more? I wonder who was wearing his Jersey in the game I saw.

Must not have been Mullens.

Mullens runs the floor pretty damn good for being a 7'1 mammoth. He has very good footspeed. Hawes can't and doesn't. Mullens can obviously play well above the rim, Hawes....not so much. Hawes is gifted with a wide array of skills, but he's always been viewed as an below the rim type of center. I doubt he can pull off the reverse windmill and off the backboard between the legs slam (with his off hand) that Mullens did in the Ohio skills contest a year ago. I'm not saying Mullens is Dwight Howard or anything, but he has legit athleticism that can seperate him from other centers in the NBA if he develops his fundamentals properly. And from the few defensive clips i've seen, he has definite potential to be adequate thanks to pretty good lateral foot speed for a guy his size.
RyGuy24
General Manager

Post#46 » by RyGuy24 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:07 am

I thought i'd skim over to DX as well to see what they had to say from the games they've seen, and they seem to echo my sentiments as well:

He has a great body, excellent size and terrific hands, and is a superior athlete as he often shows in warm-ups, but just isn’t smart or aggressive enough to know how to fully utilize his tools at this point in the game.

B.J. Mullens might have the most upside of any of the players present in New Orleans. Standing 7-1, he has an NBA caliber body, great hands, a freakishly explosive vertical leap, a sweet jump-shot, and is able to dunk the ball with either hand.

Once he figures it out, we’re surely talking about a top prospect. Mullens runs the floor incredibly well (especially when cherry-picking), catches anything thrown his way, and uses both hands fairly well.

He does have a ways to go defensively, but like I said earlier, the potential is there, he just has to learn alot more about the concepts.

Return to NBA Draft