If the Kings get the #1 pick...

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MalReyn
Analyst
And1: 5

Re: If the Kings get the #1 pick... 

Post#61 » by MalReyn » Sun May 10, 2009 4:50 pm

TheNewEra wrote:I still don't get why the Kings wouldn't take Rubio in taking Griffin you will still suck without a legit PG. Only way and I mean this is only way this at the least makes any sense if the Kings tank another season hope John Wall is a stud in college and comes out his rookie year and becomes the next Rose or something. This draft is very deep in PG's but none of them have ability that Rubio can fill for that franchise. I'm not even a huge Rubio fan but the guy makes 100x more sense.

To the poster said the Kings suck so they can't draft on need. They will continue to suck until they get what they NEED in the first place.lol Grab Rubio and try to see if you can upgrade at SF or add depth to the rest of your roster with rest of the picks and draft. Kings can't afford to just pick-up another PG they need get the best available.

The NBA is a heavily star-oriented league. In my opinion, Griffin has a better chance of being that star than Rubio. Kings may already have a PF, and have a gaping hole at PG, but come on, they were the worst team in the league. When you're that bad, you need to upgrade the overall talent level more than any specific position. Griffin creates the best increase in talent level. Other players can be moved later to fill in gaps.

Not to mention, the Kings would still have a pretty good chance of landing a solid PG with the #23 pick. Players like Flynn, Teague, Collison, etc. could all be available. It wouldn't surprise me if ~10 PGs are taken in the first round this year.

Return to NBA Draft