NBA Draft 2018 II

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, jman3134, Marcus

User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 18,960
And1: 17,454
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
     

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#141 » by clyde21 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Atlanta is probably the first wildcard in the draft. I think they can go in a lot of directions: Bagley, Jackson Jr., Porter are all options for them most likely.

Personally I would go Bamba if I were them, but hey, I'm not the one getting paid the big bucks.


Agreed. I think Bamba is the best fit, but do they view him on the same level as Bagley and JJJ. Also what do they do with the Schroeder situation, do they decide to trade him and just go all out in collecting assets?

Do they not fall in love with Bamba and feel like Bagley and JJJ won't fit well with Collins and feel like it might be a great opportunity to trade down and load up on a ton of talent? There are a lot of different ways they may go.


I have Bamba ahead of all of those guys, so he'd be the BPA for me.

As for Bagley, I don't know if he fits with John Collins tbh. Porter or Jackson Jr. seem to be more natural fits if they like all of them on the same level.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 10,486
And1: 12,641
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#142 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Atlanta is probably the first wildcard in the draft. I think they can go in a lot of directions: Bagley, Jackson Jr., Porter are all options for them most likely.

Personally I would go Bamba if I were them, but hey, I'm not the one getting paid the big bucks.


Agreed. I think Bamba is the best fit, but do they view him on the same level as Bagley and JJJ. Also what do they do with the Schroeder situation, do they decide to trade him and just go all out in collecting assets?

Do they not fall in love with Bamba and feel like Bagley and JJJ won't fit well with Collins and feel like it might be a great opportunity to trade down and load up on a ton of talent? There are a lot of different ways they may go.


I have Bamba ahead of all of those guys, so he'd be the BPA for me.

As for Bagley, I don't know if he fits with John Collins tbh. Porter or Jackson Jr. seem to be more natural fits if they like all of them on the same level.


Ya so if they don't fall in love with Bamba, do they think they can get more value by trading down. I think ATL and Memphis are two teams that I wouldn't be shocked if they looked for a trade. But if they don't trade I have a hard time seeing Bagley going in the top 3, it's just a weird fit with Collins.
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#143 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I know it’s just a workout, but this makes him look like Porzingis. And DraftExpress is saying he’s 7’1 with 7’4 wingspan.

:-o

Lol he withdrew from the combine.

Apparently he might have been promised. Might be afraid others see Porzingis in him.
nolang1
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,373
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#144 » by nolang1 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:32 pm

If his agent thought it would be best for his draft stock to take him out of the combine and have him be a 'mystery man,' that makes him a player I'm fine with not drafting.
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#145 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

nolang1 wrote:If his agent thought it would be best for his draft stock to take him out of the combine and have him be a 'mystery man,' that makes him a player I'm fine with not drafting.


I have no problem with it. He’s still going to work out for teams and they can get that information themselves (they often do).
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#146 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Chandler Hutchison also withdrawing from combine. I think he’s promised and I actually think he’s promised by the either the Clippers, Hornets or Bucks in particular because those teams were interested in him last year.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 11,835
And1: 2,278
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#147 » by Fischella » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

How in hell is he any similar to Porzingis?
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#148 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Fischella wrote:How in hell is he any similar to Porzingis?


I meant in terms of the way he was moving. Was mostly joking, I was trying to say he looks mobile.
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#149 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Damn everyone is pulling out of the combine.
Pinkyring
Analyst
Posts: 3,311
And1: 1,911
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#150 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Chandler Hutchison also withdrawing from combine. I think he’s promised and I actually think he’s promised by the either the Clippers, Hornets or Bucks in particular because those teams were interested in him last year.

He is NOT going top 17 to those teams
nolang1
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,373
And1: 563
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#151 » by nolang1 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:If his agent thought it would be best for his draft stock to take him out of the combine and have him be a 'mystery man,' that makes him a player I'm fine with not drafting.


I have no problem with it. He’s still going to work out for teams and they can get that information themselves (they often do).


Is he though? If he played well in 5-on-5 at the combine, he'd easily be a top 10 pick. Instead we just have workout footage where Robinson is essentially goofing around trying different dunks and it's inconclusive as to whether he actually got any better at basketball over the last year.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 39,767
And1: 6,012
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#152 » by Dr Positivity » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Fischella wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Ayton and Doncic are essentially locks


Not sure about Doncic being a lock despite the Vlade connection. I remember in 2009 draft it was Griffin, Rubio and then everyone else, then the floor started to fall beneath Rubio and he fell to 5

how is this connected at all? Rubio falling has a ton to do with other situations, such as the Thunder already having a non-shooting Guard in Westbrook, the Grizzlies ownership getting enamoured with Thabeet after his March and Rubio not coming right away first and foremost, which was known by that time and made him slide
Also Rubio not improving whatsoever as a shooter over the years


Maybe it's not the same, but if Doncic doesn't want to go to Sac he could start acting like he doesn't want to come over right away like Rubio to press their hand

Another thing is that Sacramento drafted WCS, Skal, Papa, Giles which tells me they have a sweet tooth for project big men who aren't that good at basketball. This also suggests to me that Sac values workouts which Doncic won't do.
Check out worldofkj.com/forum if you like movies and box-office, I've been posting there since 05. New members are needed!
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#153 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

So its been reported that Hutchison has a promise in the 20-30 range and I know which team promised him. I would love for him to go there so I don’t want to jinx it and say which team it is. I’ll just say it’s his hometown team.
Pinkyring
Analyst
Posts: 3,311
And1: 1,911
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#154 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm

doordoor123 wrote:So its been reported that Hutchison has a promise in the 20-30 range and I know which team promised him. I would love for him to go there so I don’t want to jinx it and say which team it is. I’ll just say it’s his hometown team.

Just say the warriors, why the musical chairs dude
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 11,835
And1: 2,278
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#155 » by Fischella » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:So its been reported that Hutchison has a promise in the 20-30 range and I know which team promised him. I would love for him to go there so I don’t want to jinx it and say which team it is. I’ll just say it’s his hometown team.

Just say the warriors, why the musical chairs dude

he is from LA
Pinkyring
Analyst
Posts: 3,311
And1: 1,911
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#156 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Fischella wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:So its been reported that Hutchison has a promise in the 20-30 range and I know which team promised him. I would love for him to go there so I don’t want to jinx it and say which team it is. I’ll just say it’s his hometown team.

Just say the warriors, why the musical chairs dude

he is from LA

Wiki tells me vallejo which is in the bay
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 11,835
And1: 2,278
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#157 » by Fischella » Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Just say the warriors, why the musical chairs dude

he is from LA

Wiki tells me vallejo which is in the bay

well it tells me Mission Viejo who is a LA suburb
Pinkyring
Analyst
Posts: 3,311
And1: 1,911
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#158 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Fischella wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Fischella wrote:he is from LA

Wiki tells me vallejo which is in the bay

well it tells me Mission Viejo who is a LA suburb

Ahhhh i misread i was pissed i had to waste my time looking it up when dude could have just said the lakers
doordoor123
Analyst
Posts: 3,187
And1: 699
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#159 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Interesting tidbit: Anfernee Simons is good friends with Donovan Mitchell. It’ll be interesting to see if Mitchell has rubbed off on him.
User avatar
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,168
And1: 1,392
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Contact:

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#160 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 am

Read on Twitter


Okogie!
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/perkinsfor3

Return to NBA Draft