Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Re: 2019 Draft Class 

Post#2001 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The-Power wrote:Certainly better than wild guesses, wouldn't you say?

The combine has him listed as being 6-6, it's not a wild guess when obviously the measurements are wrong.

so we should reference your eyeball test instead of actual measurements at the combine?

Combine was last year. Right now, he's at least 6'8.5". I'm not asking for official combine measurements, I'm asking for estimates. If Combine said Trae Young was 6'4, you'd believe them?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,186

Post#2002 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The combine has him listed as being 6-6, it's not a wild guess when obviously the measurements are wrong.

so we should reference your eyeball test instead of actual measurements at the combine?

Combine was last year. Right now, he's at least 6'8.5". I'm not asking for official combine measurements, I'm asking for estimates. If Combine said Trae Young was 6'4, you'd believe them?

what are u talking about? u asked how tall he is, I gave u the official combine result from last year. if you don't believe it that's on u.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#2003 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

what are u talking about? u asked how tall he is, I gave u the official combine result from last year. if you don't believe it that's on u.

I never asked for combine measurements. I don't understand why a single person can't give me a guess on what PJ Washington's height is without relying on outdated and possibly falsified information.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#2004 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm

^ either way he plays bigger than either measurement so head height is overrated here
Regardless
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#2005 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm

I'll just ask him myself.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2006 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

I never asked for combine measurements. I don't understand why a single person can't give me a guess on what PJ Washington's height is without relying on outdated and possibly falsified information.

u ok?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#2007 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Dude you asked if it was just you that thought PJ was 6'9. Clyde responded with his official measurements, which seemed like a pretty appropriate response. Especially since he's giving you the most accurate measurement that we have when it comes to any measurements and that measurement came less than a year ago.

I feel you couldn't really ask for a better response to that question. Also if you want to have a talk on eye test. I think the measurements sounds pretty dead on since size wise there really wasn't much difference between him and Zion in the opening game.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#2008 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Dude you asked if it was just you that thought PJ was 6'9. Clyde responded with his official measurements, which seemed like a pretty appropriate response. Especially since he's giving you the most accurate measurement that we have when it comes to any measurements and that measurement came less than a year ago.

I feel you couldn't really ask for a better response to that question. Also if you want to have a talk on eye test. I think the measurements sounds pretty dead on since size wise there really wasn't much difference between him and Zion in the opening game.

No one correctly answered my inquiry, that's 100% fact. I asked what people think his height is and elaborated that I wanted an estimate. It's like me asking who would you guess is averaging the 5th most points in the NBA this season and using ESPN stats to come up with your answer. That's not an appropriate answer. I've moved on from this since it seems like I won't be getting one.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2009 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

No one correctly answered my inquiry, that's 100% fact. I asked what people think his height is and elaborated that I wanted an estimate. It's like me asking who would you guess is averaging the 5th most points in the NBA this season and using ESPN stats to come up with your answer. That's not an appropriate answer. I've moved on from this since it seems like I won't be getting one.

What? This is like asking someone, "hey how old do you think that girl is? 24?" Then your buddy goes, "I actually know her, she's 26." After you know her age, what is the point of guessing?

And again me knowing his actual height and seeing him play against Zion. I would say he is about 6'7-6'8 max in shoes. He really wasn't much bigger than Zion.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#2010 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Montrezl Harrell was only 6’7 and Kobe Bryant was only 6’4. I don’t think it’s a big deal.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#2011 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

What? This is like asking someone, "hey how old do you think that girl is? 24?" Then your buddy goes, "I actually know her, she's 26." After you know her age, what is the point of guessing?

And again me knowing his actual height and seeing him play against Zion. I would say he is about 6'7-6'8 max in shoes. He really wasn't much bigger than Zion.

If you already "know" the answer then you wouldn't be eligible to guess anymore. Also, there's a big difference between knowing a person's age from official documents v. knowing someone's height from a resource that's known to be wrong on measurements. The point of guessing PJ's height in this situation is to determine how much his draft combine height differs from our estimates. Your buddy in the scenario you created would be excluded from this experiment if he can't give a proper guess.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2012 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

If you already "know" the answer then you wouldn't be eligible to guess anymore. Also, there's a big difference between knowing a person's age from official documents v. knowing someone's height from a resource that's known to be wrong on measurements. The point of guessing PJ's height in this situation is to determine how much his draft combine height differs from our estimates. Your buddy in the scenario you created would be excluded from this experiment if he can't give a proper guess.

dude, this is **** insane. let it go. this is an embarrassing conversation.

he was measured in just 9 months ago at 6-6.5 without shoes. that's all we know so far. deal with it.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2013 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Anyways. Finally caught the Texas vs Oklahoma game from Saturday. Hayes continues to be one of my fastest climbers. The dude just plays so freaking long. The rebounding is an issue though for me.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2014 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Anyways. Finally caught the Texas vs Oklahoma game from Saturday. Hayes continues to be one of my fastest climbers. The dude just plays so freaking long. The rebounding is an issue though for me.

he's in the top 10 for sure. Bamba type length, really quick footed, good athleticism, is a lob monster and rim runner. But yea, dude's gotta rebound a lot better for someone with his measurables.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#2015 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

dude, this is **** insane. let it go. this is an embarrassing conversation.

he was measured in just 9 months ago at 6-6.5 without shoes. that's all we know so far. deal with it.

I said I was done with it like 2 posts back :lol:. It might be embarrassing(not for me), but all I was given was invalid answers. It's indisputable that no one properly answered me. That's all that matters here. And again, I'm done. If I bring this up again it's only because I'm being RESPONDED to.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2016 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Anyways. Finally caught the Texas vs Oklahoma game from Saturday. Hayes continues to be one of my fastest climbers. The dude just plays so freaking long. The rebounding is an issue though for me.

he's in the top 10 for sure. Bamba type length, really quick footed, good athleticism, is a lob monster and rim runner. But yea, dude's gotta rebound a lot better for someone with his measurables.

I'm very curious how long he's going to measure out. I'm guessing around 7'4 wingspan. But whatever it is, he really knows how to use his length to it's max.

I'm still struggling to figure out how good of an athlete he's going to look like in the NBA. Some games I think he's going to look pretty agile, then other games I think he may look more like Whiteside.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2017 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I'm very curious how long he's going to measure out. I'm guessing around 7'4 wingspan. But whatever it is, he really knows how to use his length to it's max.

I'm still struggling to figure out how good of an athlete he's going to look like in the NBA. Some games I think he's going to look pretty agile, then other games I think he may look more like Whiteside.

my guess is 7'6ish wingspan. he had an insane growth spurt last year or two.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#2018 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:

I don’t think he’s anywhere as long as Bamba, but his fluidity in his movement is special. Like, AD movement patterns.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2019 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I don’t think he’s anywhere as long as Bamba, but his fluidity in his movement is special. Like, AD movement patterns.

seems to have similar length to Buike, who was at 7-7 at the combine. i dunno, I guess we'll see. dude just looks super long to me for some reason.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2020 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Jalen McDaniels is averaging 25/13 per 40 on 27 PER and 57 TS% in conference play so far

Return to NBA Draft