2020 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,581
And1: 3,515
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#541 » by Marcus » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:watch Lewis at Rucker Park and tell me who in this class is better at this point

it's still early obviously, but I'm sticking to it until proven otherwise.


if nothing else the value of the combination of effort and elite athleticism gets severely undervalued. form looks good. negatives all look like things that can be ironed out. Did Scottie not have bigger schools coming after him? or was/has Florida always been on his radar? Any idea on the rest of the talent around him and how good they are?
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#542 » by clyde21 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:22 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:watch Lewis at Rucker Park and tell me who in this class is better at this point

it's still early obviously, but I'm sticking to it until proven otherwise.


if nothing else the value of the combination of effort and elite athleticism gets severely undervalued. form looks good. negatives all look like things that can be ironed out. Did Scottie not have bigger schools coming after him? or was/has Florida always been on his radar? Any idea on the rest of the talent around him and how good they are?


he had offers from Duke, UK and Villanova too but chose Florida not sure why
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,581
And1: 3,515
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#543 » by Marcus » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:watch Lewis at Rucker Park and tell me who in this class is better at this point

it's still early obviously, but I'm sticking to it until proven otherwise.


if nothing else the value of the combination of effort and elite athleticism gets severely undervalued. form looks good. negatives all look like things that can be ironed out. Did Scottie not have bigger schools coming after him? or was/has Florida always been on his radar? Any idea on the rest of the talent around him and how good they are?


he had offers from Duke, UK and Villanova too but chose Florida not sure why


damn pretty decent selection to choose from. Suprised he didn't go to Nova with Antoine.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,482
And1: 2,972
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#544 » by Fischella » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:19 am

I like Lewis but as a top20 guy, not a top3-5 candidate lol

He did well going to Florida imo, I am just not super high on his basketball intelligence, and he is toolsy athletically as **** but he is not strong
crows2
Sophomore
Posts: 170
And1: 112
Joined: Apr 01, 2015

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#545 » by crows2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am

Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:real #1 should be a Scottie Lewis but I agree that this is a weak draft at the top


I’m a big fan of your posts and I know you love Lewis but he hasn’t done anywhere near enough at this stage to be in the conversation for pick 1. Obviously that could change in college as he has great tools and competes harder than most players, but that hasn’t translated into him being a bonafide number 1 prospect at this stage.


gotta respect that man for giving that hot take early. All credit to Clyde if it pans out. We have great analyst here so i'm tuned in.


Oh yeah, I like Lewis and will definitely be keeping a close eye on him, but to say he’s definitely the best player in the class right now is a bit reckless.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#546 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:21 pm

crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:
I’m a big fan of your posts and I know you love Lewis but he hasn’t done anywhere near enough at this stage to be in the conversation for pick 1. Obviously that could change in college as he has great tools and competes harder than most players, but that hasn’t translated into him being a bonafide number 1 prospect at this stage.


gotta respect that man for giving that hot take early. All credit to Clyde if it pans out. We have great analyst here so i'm tuned in.


Oh yeah, I like Lewis and will definitely be keeping a close eye on him, but to say he’s definitely the best player in the class right now is a bit reckless.


what makes Wiseman a better #1 pick right now?
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,058
And1: 1,436
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#547 » by nolang1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:04 am

clyde21 wrote:
crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
gotta respect that man for giving that hot take early. All credit to Clyde if it pans out. We have great analyst here so i'm tuned in.


Oh yeah, I like Lewis and will definitely be keeping a close eye on him, but to say he’s definitely the best player in the class right now is a bit reckless.


what makes Wiseman a better #1 pick right now?


I don't even think of Wiseman as a #1 pick, but if the two are comparable and Wiseman's over a year younger, that's a pretty good tiebreaker right there.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#548 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:05 am

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
crows2 wrote:
Oh yeah, I like Lewis and will definitely be keeping a close eye on him, but to say he’s definitely the best player in the class right now is a bit reckless.


what makes Wiseman a better #1 pick right now?


I don't even think of Wiseman as a #1 pick, but if the two are comparable and Wiseman's over a year younger, that's a pretty good tiebreaker right there.


if it's about age then I'd go Edwards over Wiseman
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,058
And1: 1,436
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#549 » by nolang1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 am

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
what makes Wiseman a better #1 pick right now?


I don't even think of Wiseman as a #1 pick, but if the two are comparable and Wiseman's over a year younger, that's a pretty good tiebreaker right there.


if it's about age then I'd go Edwards over Wiseman


Yeah, that's the point lol. There are players much younger than Lewis who have much better perimeter skills and will close the athleticism gap even more as they mature and the 1+ year age difference makes less of a difference.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#550 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 am

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
I don't even think of Wiseman as a #1 pick, but if the two are comparable and Wiseman's over a year younger, that's a pretty good tiebreaker right there.


if it's about age then I'd go Edwards over Wiseman


Yeah, that's the point lol. There are players much younger than Lewis who have much better perimeter skills and will close the athleticism gap even more as they mature and the 1+ year age difference makes less of a difference.


yea Lewis is on the older side that's a minus, but I dont see antman closing the gap defensively on him, and I think Lewis ball skills are being underrated...but again still super early we'll see

as for Wiseman, he seems like a worse version of Ayton to me...still a good prospect but I'm not buying top 3 yet
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,575
And1: 27,371
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#551 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:21 am

Byrån Antoine may miss the entire year with a shoulder injury.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,581
And1: 3,515
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#552 » by Marcus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Byrån Antoine may miss the entire year with a shoulder injury.


tragic
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,581
And1: 3,515
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#553 » by Marcus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
if it's about age then I'd go Edwards over Wiseman


Yeah, that's the point lol. There are players much younger than Lewis who have much better perimeter skills and will close the athleticism gap even more as they mature and the 1+ year age difference makes less of a difference.


yea Lewis is on the older side that's a minus, but I dont see antman closing the gap defensively on him, and I think Lewis ball skills are being underrated...but again still super early we'll see

as for Wiseman, he seems like a worse version of Ayton to me...still a good prospect but I'm not buying top 3 yet


you're gonna come out this thing beaming if it pans out.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#554 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Yeah, that's the point lol. There are players much younger than Lewis who have much better perimeter skills and will close the athleticism gap even more as they mature and the 1+ year age difference makes less of a difference.


yea Lewis is on the older side that's a minus, but I dont see antman closing the gap defensively on him, and I think Lewis ball skills are being underrated...but again still super early we'll see

as for Wiseman, he seems like a worse version of Ayton to me...still a good prospect but I'm not buying top 3 yet


you're gonna come out this thing beaming if it pans out.


Image
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,055
And1: 7,364
Joined: Apr 04, 2017
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#555 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm

There’s a guy who started a YouTube channel of full prospect cut up footage

Here’s RJ Hampton so far

karkinos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,194
And1: 1,455
Joined: Nov 06, 2009

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#556 » by karkinos » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Lamelo ball highlights looking good. Gotta be lottery locked right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 36,782
And1: 41,934
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#557 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Byrån Antoine may miss the entire year with a shoulder injury.


tragic


yea, this is brutal, and for this class, really liked Antoine.
Mulhollanddrive
Head Coach
Posts: 7,477
And1: 4,890
Joined: Jan 19, 2013

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#558 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Lamelo in NBL -

Averaging:
12 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 31 minutes.

Shooting Totals:
13 of 23 from 2
1 of 13 from 3
7 of 10 from FT
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,581
And1: 3,515
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#559 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Lamelo in NBL -

Averaging:
12 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 31 minutes.

Shooting Totals:
13 of 23 from 2
1 of 13 from 3
7 of 10 from FT


what's the turnover and defense situation though?
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,118
And1: 15,830
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#560 » by GimmeDat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:13 am

Marcus wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Lamelo in NBL -

Averaging:
12 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 31 minutes.

Shooting Totals:
13 of 23 from 2
1 of 13 from 3
7 of 10 from FT


what's the turnover and defense situation though?


TO's has been excellent - barely made any. Has had glimpses of decent effort on defense and has the good steal anticipation but regardless is largely getting eaten alive so far on that end.

Return to NBA Draft