Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,644

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#561 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Honestly Im not sure I would take any Duke player in the 1st round this year. Tre's shot looks bad still. Vernon Carey is as advertised, a small 5 that is slow footed and doesn't play defense. Hurt's foot speed looks real bad and as skinny as they come. Moore kind of seems like a wing that is okay at most things (not shooting, that jumper needs a lot of work) but not great at anything.

Its going to be weird to watch Duke this year and not have any legit lotto prospects on the team.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#562 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly Im not sure I would take any Duke player in the 1st round this year. Tre's shot looks bad still. Vernon Carey is as advertised, a small 5 that is slow footed and doesn't play defense. Hurt's foot speed looks real bad and as skinny as they come. Moore kind of seems like a wing that is okay at most things (not shooting, that jumper needs a lot of work) but not great at anything.

Its going to be weird to watch Duke this year and not have any legit lotto prospects on the team.

Kentucky not too impressive either outside of Maxey and maybe EJ but they also have a lot of flaws
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#563 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:30 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly Im not sure I would take any Duke player in the 1st round this year. Tre's shot looks bad still. Vernon Carey is as advertised, a small 5 that is slow footed and doesn't play defense. Hurt's foot speed looks real bad and as skinny as they come. Moore kind of seems like a wing that is okay at most things (not shooting, that jumper needs a lot of work) but not great at anything.

Kentucky not too impressive either outside of Maxey and maybe EJ but they also have a lot of flaws

Ya I think its going to be similar to the 2016 draft. Kentucky and Duke both had 1 guy go in the lotto, but lots of random schools and international guys in the lotto. I honestly wouldnt be shocked if no Duke or UK guy goes in the top 10 this year. I do think Maxey goes lotto, but he maybe the only one out of the 2 schools to go lotto this year.

I mean Washington probably has more projected lotto guys than Duke and UK combined this year haha.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#564 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Ya I think its going to be similar to the 2016 draft. Kentucky and Duke both had 1 guy go in the lotto, but lots of random schools and international guys in the lotto. I honestly wouldnt be shocked if no Duke or UK guy goes in the top 10 this year. I do think Maxey goes lotto, but he maybe the only one out of the 2 schools to go lotto this year.

I mean Washington probably has more projected lotto guys than Duke and UK combined this year haha.

Memphis too
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#565 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

The highlights don’t show his defense which is a area of interest for me but it’s nice to see his jumper looking good.

I still like Cole the most in this draft though.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#566 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:58 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The highlights don’t show his defense which is a area of interest for me but it’s nice to see his jumper looking good.

bigger CJ McCollum
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#567 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

bigger CJ McCollum

I feel like if CJ could get to the rim and consequently the line consistently he’d be an elite scorer

If Edwards is capable of being McCollum with rim pressure that’s probably one of the better prospects in this draft.

Although I’m not sure if he can became as elite a shooter as Mcollum is
clyde21
RealGM

Post#568 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:46 pm

looks like Bryan Antoine is gonna RS this year

bummer, was one of my favorites in this class...
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#569 » by GimmeDat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Ant-man is still my #1.. just think he's going to be a star
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,921

Post#570 » by tundraknight » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:45 am

I wonder how good Ochai Agbaji will be during his Sophomore season.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#571 » by Justwar » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 am

clyde21 wrote:

Quickley and hagans both were fantastic. Keion brooks is going to be a first rounder. Lottery picks agreed.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#572 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:32 pm

I actually thought Carey looked pretty mobile when I watched him, he seems to have good hands and handles also for his size. He def needs to get in better shape and maybe that will help his defense but yeah, he could go anywhere depending on how much work he puts in. I've also seen Hurt all over peoples boards, some even have him as a late lottery. It will be interesting to see if he can put on some muscle/get in better shape.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#573 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Neither very high on Whitney I take it?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#574 » by Marcus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Was just coming to ask that exact question
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#575 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Marcus wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Was just coming to ask that exact question

Im very meh on him. I could see him going lotto because of his athleticism/body/form on his jumper. But Im not going to be shocked if he has a very up and down year this year. Strong athlete, but not a quick one. Good form on his jumper but way too slow and inconsistent with it. Straight line driver but not much else when it comes to his handle. Also is a really inconsistent FT shooter.

If his shot doesn't look really bad this year, I can see him going lotto. But I think he's going to struggle with his shot and I think his lack of quickness and handle is going to show up as well. I think he ends up going 18-25.
Shy Gorgeous-Al
Junior
And1: 299

Post#576 » by Shy Gorgeous-Al » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 am

How weak is this draft?

What's Edwards projection? is he like Oladipo with a better 3pt shot and slightly less burst?

It should be high on International talent, but nothing that I have seen so far suggests that. I have been watching Deni Avdija and he looks underwhelming offensively under Fiba rules. That is because he is best as a ball handler and he is mostly camped in the corners on offense. He is a pretty sneaky leaper and a good finisher from what I have seen. Also great defensively, at least against European/ local competition. Got good shot blocking instincts, can move his feet fairly well for his size and has good hands.

Though, his 3pt shot is currently broken and he can not be relied to hit an open 3 @ catch and shoot. He will need to become a Pick and Roll Ball handler in the NBA and a player that attacks close outs. That part of his game will not show in Europe, so yeah.

Maledon looks underwhelming. Poor man's Shai. Though, it's super early and he is young.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#577 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Edwards has Oladipo size but plays more like CJ
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#578 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Shy Gorgeous-Al wrote:How weak is this draft?

What's Edwards projection? is he like Oladipo with a better 3pt shot and slightly less burst?

It should be high on International talent, but nothing that I have seen so far suggests that. I have been watching Deni Avdija and he looks underwhelming offensively under Fiba rules. That is because he is best as a ball handler and he is mostly camped in the corners on offense. He is a pretty sneaky leaper and a good finisher from what I have seen. Also great defensively, at least against European/ local competition. Got good shot blocking instincts, can move his feet fairly well for his size and has good hands.

Though, his 3pt shot is currently broken and he can not be relied to hit an open 3 @ catch and shoot. He will need to become a Pick and Roll Ball handler in the NBA and a player that attacks close outs. That part of his game will not show in Europe, so yeah.

Maledon looks underwhelming. Poor man's Shai. Though, it's super early and he is young.

Oladipo does seem to be the most common comp for Edwards. I need to watch him play more to really comment on it though.

Maledon is the most interesting international guy for me, although i haven't really gotten to watch him that much since i think hes only played one game so far.

Ive mostly watch Killian Hayes and I don't think hes a lottery pick right now. Below average athleticism and inconsistent jumper is not a pairing i like, doesn't really defend that well either although he does pick up steals.

I was impressed by his passing for the most part but i don't know how valuable that will be if he cant pressure an NBA defense. He does have some upside if he can fix his shooting though.

But yeah overall not a really a fan of the European prospects this year. I guess if you count Ball and Hampton as international players the international class does look better. Its pretty early though so my opinion will be pretty fluid on these things.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#579 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:42 pm

It's a weak class with some depth, I am really out on Whitney, like Keion more, like Achiuwa better than both

I think Maxey is a top5-7 guy, Tre, Hurt and Moore top20, not sure if anybody else from UK is interesting
clyde21
RealGM

Post#580 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Fischella wrote:It's a weak class with some depth, I am really out on Whitney, like Keion more, like Achiuwa better than both

I think Maxey is a top5-7 guy, Tre, Hurt and Moore top20, not sure if anybody else from UK is interesting

i'm with you on Maxey and Tre, not there yet on Hurt/Moore.

Return to NBA Draft