Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#781 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:53 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This will be interesting lol

well what in the absolute.....nvm

Are they saying this happened while Penny was coaching him in AAU or this happened after Penny got the HC gig at Memphis?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#782 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:55 pm

Marcus wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This will be interesting lol

well what in the absolute.....nvm

Are they saying this happened while Penny was coaching him in AAU or this happened after Penny got the HC gig at Memphis?

In high school

Read on Twitter
?s=21
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#783 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:57 pm

I don’t know why it’s says 2008 Wiseman was like 7 then

Nevermind it was 2018
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#784 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:59 pm

pos NCAA
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#785 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:00 pm

So is Penny getting canned?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#786 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:pos NCAA

facts.

I need dates and times for this. I know Wiseman and Penny are close. I know he coached him in AAU and it wasn't a huge surprise he chose Memphis once Penny got the gig but if this move happened before all of this i don't see the problem. I get the implication but to me it's not that far from "family member of 5-star recruit gets hired to prospective school's coaching staff". Now if Memphis Tigers head coach Penny Hardaway helped Wiseman move after he signed on the dotted line I understand. But, if big homie Penny Hardaway helped the fam move and ended up with the HC gig at Memphis later on I would deem that as a different situation.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#787 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:12 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:So is Penny getting canned?

hell nah. Bill Self is under investigation for half is roster or something along those lines and he was suited and coaching just a few days ago.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#788 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

GAME ON!!!!
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#789 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:33 am

my boy Darius Days, 1st round sleeper keep a look out.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#790 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:11 am

Cole Anthony will be the #1 pick in the 2020 nba draft.

rebounds at an elite level for PG
Elite scoring
Elite athlete

Come from a basketball family. Seems like he has that alpha Mamba mentality

I'm taking Cole #1
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#791 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:51 am

Hampton has played mostly as a wing in Australia, I think he is strictly a 2, not even a CG

Wiseman's suspension sucks, really needed to watch him play more to get a feel for his upside
clyde21
RealGM

Post#792 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:05 am

^ disagree, he's averaging 3.5 assists per 36, has a good handle and has been killing it as a drive-kick penetrator...like this

Read on Twitter

i definitely see CG potential, just needs to continue making better decisions which i think will come for him in time
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#793 » by Ruzious » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:08 pm

Marcus wrote:

facts.

I need dates and times for this. I know Wiseman and Penny are close. I know he coached him in AAU and it wasn't a huge surprise he chose Memphis once Penny got the gig but if this move happened before all of this i don't see the problem. I get the implication but to me it's not that far from "family member of 5-star recruit gets hired to prospective school's coaching staff". Now if Memphis Tigers head coach Penny Hardaway helped Wiseman move after he signed on the dotted line I understand. But, if big homie Penny Hardaway helped the fam move and ended up with the HC gig at Memphis later on I would deem that as a different situation.

Penny probably meant well in financing the family's move (assuming that report is true), but... it seems naïve of him to not realize what was going to happen, and now the kid is caught in a tough situation. Hopefully there's some extenuating circumstance, but it looks bad for Penny, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM

Post#794 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:18 pm

I don't think the NCAA is at fault here, I mean the rules are stupid but they are just following them, it is what it is
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#795 » by HEZI » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:08 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Cole Anthony will be the #1 pick in the 2020 nba draft.

rebounds at an elite level for PG
Elite scoring
Elite athlete

Come from a basketball family. Seems like he has that alpha Mamba mentality

I'm taking Cole #1

He should be but it really will depend on who lands number 1. Some of the teams who are looking like they will be fighting for that top pick don't necessarily need a starting PG so it will be interesting to see who lands the top pick and how things shake out

But yeah Cole has the type of potential to be a future NBA MVP. He affects the game in so many ways and his game is tailor made for the league. Clear cut number 1 overall pick imo
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
No-Man
RealGM

Post#796 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:00 pm

This draft looks to be pretty nicely deep, Jaden McDaniels is good, just too skinny, reminds me of Brandon Ingram
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#797 » by Marcus » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Marcus wrote:

facts.

Penny probably meant well in financing the family's move (assuming that report is true), but... it seems naïve of him to not realize what was going to happen, and now the kid is caught in a tough situation. Hopefully there's some extenuating circumstance, but it looks bad for Penny, imo.

Reports are that Penny giving the money was cleared by the NCAA back in May. Considering it was before he even sniffed the Memphis gig there shouldn't be a problem. I won't say I don't get the implications and how it can be seen a different way but black and white it was before either Penny or Wiseman signed with Memphis and the NCAA said it was ok 6 months ago. Let the kid play.
Watch More Basketball

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#798 » by Ruzious » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:16 pm

Marcus wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Marcus wrote:
facts.

Reports are that Penny giving the money was cleared by the NCAA back in May. Considering it was before he even sniffed the Memphis gig there shouldn't be a problem. I won't say I don't get the implications and how it can be seen a different way but black and white it was before either Penny or Wiseman signed with Memphis and the NCAA said it was ok 6 months ago. Let the kid play.

Even assuming those reports were true, him not being the coach then means the situation is much different now. But I agree - let the kid play, and if there's a violation - put the penalty on the coach.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
clyde21
RealGM

Post#799 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:06 pm

Fischella wrote:I don't think the NCAA is at fault here, I mean the rules are stupid but they are just following them, it is what it is

they are garbage for having these rules in the first place
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,078

Post#800 » by The-Power » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:08 pm

Fischella wrote:...

Didn't get to watch the second game of Cole; what was up with him? Weird seeing a top-tier FT shooter like him going 2-7 with struggles to finish inside the arc on top of that. Anything concerning or just an unlucky/bad day finishing?

Return to NBA Draft