zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 39,072

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#121 » by zimpy27 » Tue Aug 2, 2022 8:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Bryce actually seems like a better physical specimen than Bronny at this point imo

that said, there is a reason why great NBA players almost never produce great bball player sons. i can't even think of one to be honest. all good to great NBA players their dads weren't really great NBA players in any capacity. look at Bari's, his dad was a fringe NBA player and he ended up going 3rd overall just now.

Klay Thompson and Mychal Thompson

don't think Mychal is considered a 'great' NBA player, dude never even made an all star team.

Well he's not an all-time great. Not sure how to define him as great.

But I get what you mean. I think star players are often unaware of their physical gifts and it's tough to translate how they made it to their kid.

A role player dad probably has a far better understanding of what it takes to make the NBA. Dell is a good example, taught his son's a quick and accurate release as he knew that would secure them a role in the NBA.

As a general rule, I find advice from really successful people is kind of useless since they assume they made success happen when it was mostly luck that they are blind to. Best advice comes from people who grinded, had some success and had some failures. You can't emulate Phelps but you can learn to swim.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#122 » by zike_42 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 7:04 am

Is he actually any good? There's rumours of a possible season in Australia (NBL) but I don't really want him here just because he's LeBron James' kid.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,508
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#123 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Aug 5, 2022 7:42 am

zike_42 wrote:Is he actually any good? There's rumours of a possible season in Australia (NBL) but I don't really want him here just because he's LeBron James' kid.

I dunno how far he'll make it in the NBA, it's way early. But he does look like he understands the game very well, is a decent enough shooter with good form and release, and he's a willing and capable passer and a dedicated defender. I would think any team would love to have him, if he can prove that he has the requisite skills and athleticism to produce. His mindset and approach seem like the right one for team basketball.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 683

Post#124 » by remi_222 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 5:19 pm

Bryce Bronny + Pippen's son + Penny's son will be on tour in 10 days in Europe, they will play vs a french selection of U18 from Comsport Agecy (french agency that represents all french NBA players) !! ill be there for sure !!
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 29,088

Post#125 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:54 pm

Bronny is now in the top 40 on espn rankings….
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,392

Post#126 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:10 am

azcatz11 wrote:Bronny is now in the top 40 on espn rankings….

I think ESPn has the worst rankings. I also think his week at Peach Jam (I think that is the place he played well, cant remember at the moment off the top of my head) is probably the main reasoning for it. Even though after that all his worsts showed up. I know in 247's latest update, they had him at 41.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#127 » by azcatz11 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:16 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I think ESPn has the worst rankings. I also think his week at Peach Jam (I think that is the place he played well, cant remember at the moment off the top of my head) is probably the main reasoning for it. Even though after that all his worsts showed up. I know in 247's latest update, they had him at 41.

Idk why but I’m rooting for him even though I hate Lebron. I actually think he has a really good work ethic and I like how he plays.

Assuming Ohio st offers he seems like a lock there - if not Oregon?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#128 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:41 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Idk why but I’m rooting for him even though I hate Lebron. I actually think he has a really good work ethic and I like how he plays.

I know there was a report saying Oregon was in the lead. But LeBron shot that down pretty quick. I wouldn’t be shocked if a blue blood steps in late and gets him.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#129 » by azcatz11 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:42 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I think ESPn has the worst rankings. I also think his week at Peach Jam (I think that is the place he played well, cant remember at the moment off the top of my head) is probably the main reasoning for it. Even though after that all his worsts showed up. I know in 247's latest update, they had him at 41.

I know there was a report saying Oregon was in the lead. But LeBron shot that down pretty quick. I wouldn’t be shocked if a blue blood steps in late and gets him.

That would be interesting. He surely wouldn’t start his first year for a BB. Maybe Arizona has a shot? He could start for us (we’re a fringe BB)
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#130 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:49 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

That would be interesting. He surely wouldn’t start his first year for a BB. Maybe Arizona has a shot? He could start for us (we’re a fringe BB)

I think it all depends on who bolts for certain teams. Like take Duke for example. If both Roach and Proctor bounce after this year. Duke will be looking really weak at the guard spot. I could see them hoping on late and saying they got plenty of time at the guard spot to get minutes early on.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#131 » by andyhop » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:11 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I think he only gets a Blue Blood interested if he is much better than he is now , don't see any of them wanting to deal with all of the drama that would come with sitting him on the bench for most of the game.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#132 » by mg » Mon Sep 5, 2022 4:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I think it all depends on who bolts for certain teams. Like take Duke for example. If both Roach and Proctor bounce after this year. Duke will be looking really weak at the guard spot. I could see them hoping on late and saying they got plenty of time at the guard spot to get minutes early on.

Duke already got '23 Jared McCain who is going to be the big star for them at PG next year. I do agree that Lebron needs to be looking at teams that will have a weakness at guard. Bronny played well in one tournament this summer and then looked horrible the next week. Not sure he's good enough to come in and start for a blue blood program unless they are really weak at guard. He would be better off going to a Davidson tier program similar to Steph and develop for a few years but Lebron doesn't have that kind of time.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#133 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 5:25 pm

mg wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Duke already got '23 Jared McCain who is going to be the big star for them at PG next year. I do agree that Lebron needs to be looking at teams that will have a weakness at guard. Bronny played well in one tournament this summer and then looked horrible the next week. Not sure he's good enough to come in and start for a blue blood program unless they are really weak at guard. He would be better off going to a Davidson tier program similar to Steph and develop for a few years but Lebron doesn't have that kind of time.

McCain wont be playing PG, Caleb Foster has that spot locked up. If both Roach and Proctor bounce after this year, Duke's guards will be Foster, McCain, Schutt and thats it. There is also Jaylen Blakes but he was treated like a walk on last year so I dont expect much from him. So ya there wouldnt be a starting spot locked up for Bronny, but there would definitely be playing time available for him.

Also to be clear, this isnt me as a Duke fan pushing for him, Im not the biggest fan of his and Id much rather have one of Roach/Proctor return than Bronny. Just saying that would be the kind of situation he could be looking for with a big named school like Duke. Even not being Bronny's biggest fan, he can go to a bigger school than Davidson. As a Freshman Bronny could start for multiple Power conference schools. Hell a team like Kansas right now isnt looking super deep at the Guard spot for 2023.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#134 » by azcatz11 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 5:27 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
mg wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

McCain wont be playing PG, Caleb Foster has that spot locked up. If both Roach and Proctor bounce after this year, Duke's guards will be Foster, McCain, Schutt and thats it. There is also Jaylen Blakes but he was treated like a walk on last year so I dont expect much from him. So ya there wouldnt be a starting spot locked up for Bronny, but there would definitely be playing time available for him.

Also to be clear, this isnt me as a Duke fan pushing for him, Im not the biggest fan of his and Id much rather have one of Roach/Proctor return than Bronny. Just saying that would be the kind of situation he could be looking for with a big named school like Duke. Even not being Bronny's biggest fan, he can go to a bigger school than Davidson. As a Freshman Bronny could start for multiple Power conference schools. Hell a team like Kansas right now isnt looking super deep at the Guard spot for 2023.

Looks like Arizona is developing as the favorite…we initially signed Shaqs kid and Ken Griffey Jr son played football here also
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#135 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 5:35 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
mg wrote:

Looks like Arizona is developing as the favorite…we initially signed Shaqs kid and Ken Griffey Jr son played football here also

Ya I can see Zona being a good landing spot for him. With Boswell being out for at least half the year and after Terry and Mathruin booking it, I assume you guys will be starting Kriisa and Larsson at the guard spots? So ya I dont see a backcourt trio of Boswell, Kriias, and Larsson scaring away Bronny. That could be a big enough school with plenty of opportunity for him to go to.

I also wouldnt be shocked if UCLA or USC make a push for him as well.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#136 » by azcatz11 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 5:38 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Ya I can see Zona being a good landing spot for him. With Boswell being out for at least half the year and after Terry and Mathruin booking it, I assume you guys will be starting Kriisa and Larsson at the guard spots? So ya I dont see a backcourt trio of Boswell, Kriias, and Larsson scaring away Bronny. That could be a big enough school with plenty of opportunity for him to go to.

Yep and larsson is best suited off the bench imo. I’m surprised you know so much about our team!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#137 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 10:31 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Yep and larsson is best suited off the bench imo. I’m surprised you know so much about our team!

Was a big fan of Marthurin last year so caught a good amount of your guys games especially towards the end of the year. Plus you guys were much easier to watch no longer being coached by Miller haha.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,859

Post#138 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:10 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

he's 100% going to be deservedly starting for a blue blood or other major program. People are going to look really dumb for doubting this kid for so long. There aren't more than a handful of guards in the NCAA season to season that are better than Bronny. This should be made obvious to everyone once college games start. I'm not sure why I'm bothering defending him since nobody's mind will be changed even then but at least want it said for posterity's sake.
MemphisX
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,672

Post#139 » by MemphisX » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:58 am

mg wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

DeJuan Harris started for the national champs and Caleb Love started for the runner up. Stop it.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,639

Post#140 » by clyde21 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:22 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

he's 100% going to be deservedly starting for a blue blood or other major program. People are going to look really dumb for doubting this kid for so long. There aren't more than a handful of guards in the NCAA season to season that are better than Bronny. This should be made obvious to everyone once college games start. I'm not sure why I'm bothering defending him since nobody's mind will be changed even then but at least want it said for posterity's sake.

you realize a lot of 5 stars don't start for blue bloods right? especially guards.

Return to NBA Draft