Carlton "Bub" Carrington War Wagon

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

FarBeyondDriven
Starter
And1: 1,497

Re: Carlton "Bub" Carrington War Wagon 

Post#21 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu May 16, 2024 9:24 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:I think his ceiling would be closer to Maxey than SGA?

I was just talking about physical profile and play style. They're so similar in how they aren't rushed, they're able to create space off the dribble and they're very confident in their shot. And they both defend similarly too with strong on-ball defense. I think Bub is actually a better team defender and playmaker whereas SGA is a craftier scorer. Reaching those levels depends on where he goes, coaching, surrounding cast, etc. That's too difficult to predict. I'm just interested in whether he has starting lead guard ability and I think he does. I'll have him higher on my Big Board than I have him mocked for sure because I don't think with how long scouts and talking heads took to accept him as high level prospect, that teams will view him as such, so he'll go lower.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,252

Post#22 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2024 5:48 pm

dude would work wonders in Orlando IMO. He doesn't need the ball in his hand, can run an offense, solid spot up shooter defensively solid.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
HadAnEffectHere
Starter
And1: 1,063

Post#23 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed May 22, 2024 5:56 pm

I don't think Bub can generate any real space off the dribble, he has no athleticism at all.

D'lo is his max ceiling, but JHS is more likely.

A guy this slow and ground bound should not uhh, not be compared to Maxey...
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 295

Post#24 » by kobyz » Wed May 22, 2024 9:34 pm

Comparison for him is Andrew Nembhard
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,833

Post#25 » by CoreyVillains » Thu May 30, 2024 10:11 pm

Just broke down film with Bub. One of my favorite prospects in the class and my favorite swing. Great convo with a bright, charismatic, high bball IQ kid.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 6, 2024 1:58 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:Just broke down film with Bub. One of my favorite prospects in the class and my favorite swing. Great convo with a bright, charismatic, high bball IQ kid.

more I watch of him the more he becomes my favortie target at 18 for Orlando. Everything about his game seems like he could flourish with a G like Suggs and then add Paolo/Franz who can handle the ball.
jezzerinho
Veteran
And1: 1,708

Post#27 » by jezzerinho » Fri Jun 7, 2024 7:26 am

CoreyVillains wrote:Just broke down film with Bub. One of my favorite prospects in the class and my favorite swing. Great convo with a bright, charismatic, high bball IQ kid.

You don't see kids that age very much with as much composure, charisma and relaxed self-confidence as Bub.

I put a huge amount of store in these kind of interviews, as a window to the character of the draftees each year. And Bud probably couldnt have shone any brighter. Maybe with some mad professor film breakdown he might have excelled more, but you watch that vid as a GM and you say to yourself "that kid will fit in fine".
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 6,048

Post#28 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jun 7, 2024 9:24 pm

I'm on the wagon. I watched his "Film Sesh" and love the person & player. I want him at 18 and scared to death that OKC or Miami will take him first.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,205

Post#29 » by shangrila » Fri Jun 7, 2024 9:25 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:I think his ceiling would be closer to Maxey than SGA?

I was just talking about physical profile and play style. They're so similar in how they aren't rushed, they're able to create space off the dribble and they're very confident in their shot. And they both defend similarly too with strong on-ball defense. I think Bub is actually a better team defender and playmaker whereas SGA is a craftier scorer. Reaching those levels depends on where he goes, coaching, surrounding cast, etc. That's too difficult to predict. I'm just interested in whether he has starting lead guard ability and I think he does. I'll have him higher on my Big Board than I have him mocked for sure because I don't think with how long scouts and talking heads took to accept him as high level prospect, that teams will view him as such, so he'll go lower.

Agree on the stylistic comp. He's got a ways to go to reach SGA in finishing/foul baiting but overall they do play similarly.

I do think he goes higher than mocks suggest. There's going to be a team that falls in love.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Post#30 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 8, 2024 12:36 pm

I also like him for ORL…if they feel he can get to avg 3pt%.

I’d trade up for Castle, maybe a little for Bub
GSWFan1994
General Manager
And1: 15,833

Post#31 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jun 8, 2024 3:28 pm

Strong candidate to rise up in the mocks, I think he will end up being a lottery pick.

Checks all the boxes and fits well for a rotation-level role player right off the bat.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,678

Post#32 » by zzaj » Sun Jun 9, 2024 5:35 am

Just did my deep dive on him…agreed with most here, he deserves to be well ahead of where some have him mocked.
I’d have zero issues with the Blazers taking him at 14 as a replacement for Simons at a fraction of the cost. He’s already a better passer than Simons, and doesn’t have “heirarchy” keeping him from his best position at 6th man…
UnbelievablyRAW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,768

Post#33 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Add me to the bandwagon. Hoping Raps take him at 19 if still there
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Skybox
RealGM

Post#34 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:42 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:dude would work wonders in Orlando IMO. He doesn't need the ball in his hand, can run an offense, solid spot up shooter defensively solid.

Agree...he'd honestly have a shot at starting in ORL, if he's for real. His draft profile looks like ORL's wish-list.
TerrenceClarke
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,634

Post#35 » by TerrenceClarke » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:31 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I don't think Bub can generate any real space off the dribble, he has no athleticism at all.

D'lo is his max ceiling, but JHS is more likely.

A guy this slow and ground bound should not uhh, not be compared to Maxey...

you obviously don't know what you talking about....

at the combine....

Carrington ran his 3/4 court sprint in 3.28 seconds, ranking sixth best. He also finished ranked tied 12th best with a maximum vertical jump of 36.5 inches.

But yeah he slow and has no athletic ability.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#36 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:37 pm

anywhere but Orlando, thats where rookie guards to to fail
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:27 pm

dolphinatik wrote:anywhere but Orlando, thats where rookie guards to to fail

Eh our FO is just dumb. There’s no way Fultz should’ve been on the roster heck even playing over AB IMO. Now with Fultz and Harris gone you need a guard somewhere. I’m not high on Cole either he’s a 7/8th man at best.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#38 » by Skybox » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:01 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:anywhere but Orlando, thats where rookie guards to to fail

Eh our FO is just dumb. There’s no way Fultz should’ve been on the roster heck even playing over AB IMO. Now with Fultz and Harris gone you need a guard somewhere. I’m not high on Cole either he’s a 7/8th man at best.

I’m not sure what the date for renouncing FA holds…but if there’s even a mention of Fultz returning :banghead:
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 3,250

Post#39 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:21 pm

He reminds me of Markelle Fultz. They are both Maryland guys.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Big J
RealGM
And1: 7,578

Post#40 » by Big J » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:00 pm

Seeing this dude walk up on draft night you could tell he's gonna be a stud. I won't be surprised if he ends up the best in the class.

Return to NBA Draft