Cammo's Newest Mock Draft (2/4/08)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,807

Post#21 » by Cammo101 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:28 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's your mock, say whatever you want, but again, D Jordon won't be selected by the Sonics. Any draft has to integrate best available player & team need. In this case D Jordon is neither.

Maybe you haven't been to Key Arena lately, but J Petro is playing fantastic basketball. He's learned a ton from Kurt Thomas and at 22 years old appears ready to assume a significant role. R Swift is just about to return from injury. We're all hopeful. M Sene continues to develop in NBADL. Kurt Thomas is manning the position on an interim basis this season & the plan is for R Swift & J Petro tol take over. The center position is sorting itself out. There is no need to draft another center.

D Jordon is also not the best available center prospect according to many now. His stock is dropping like a rock. He's no longer even starting on his college team. He can't get a shot there, what makes anyone think he's close to ready for the NBA. Brook Lopez is probably likely to be taken ahead of D Jordon.

The Sonics will pick D Rose if they can. J Bayless if D Rose isn't available. That's about as sure a thing as anything at this point.

I don't know where you get your info, but right now pretty much any info source that matters has Jordan as the #3 player in this draft. His stock is not tanking because he isn't being drafted to play right away and his measurables haven't changed. He is still a 7 foot player with great athleticism and a good basketball IQ. I get why Sonic fans don't want this, but that is kinna like all the Lions fans last year being apposed to taking Calvin Johnson soley because he was another WR.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,660

Post#22 » by hermes » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:04 pm

Silver Man wrote:No Shahsa Kaun or Hansborugh? What are you thinking? :(
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,660

Post#23 » by hermes » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:04 pm

double post
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#24 » by djthesonicsfan » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:33 am

Cammo101 wrote:I get why Sonic fans don't want this, but that is kinna like all the Lions fans last year being apposed to taking Calvin Johnson soley because he was another WR.

So you're basically equating Sam Presti to the idiots who run the inept Detroit Lions. Sam Presti is not an idiot. But this line of reasoning is a bit idiotic.

At some point, Cammo, there's just no more talking about it. Just remember, feedback is the breakfast of champions. But you have to eat your breakfast if you want to be a champion.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#25 » by Cammo101 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:54 am

So you're basically equating Sam Presti to the idiots who run the inept Detroit Lions. Sam Presti is not an idiot. But this line of reasoning is a bit idiotic.

At some point, Cammo, there's just no more talking about it. Just remember, feedback is the breakfast of champions. But you have to eat your breakfast if you want to be a champion.

The pick of Calvin Johnson for the Lions has been pretty much universally hailed as the right pick. Seattle has a need for a center, regardless of how many they have taken before this draft. Jordan, as of now, is the BPA where they are picking. Seems a no brainer to me. I am by no means saying Seattle will pick him, I am simply pointing out that the logic you are using is flawed. If they like a guy like Gordon or Bayless better, then they would and should pick them. But, if Jordan is the #3 player on their board, they should pick him.

As for me eating crow if Jordan is a bust, I surely will. You are bound to make some mistakes doing this but my track record is pretty solid. People told me for months I was nuts when I had Brandon Roy as a lottery pick when everyone else had him in the 2nd round. Turns out even then I undersold Roy. I have hit on a lot more than I have missed since starting this. I had LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay #1 and #2 in their draft when people told me both were busts waiting to happen. I had Brandon Roy and Danny Granger in the lottery when most didn't even know who they were, I had Yao, Amare and Caron Butler as the top 3 players in their draft and only one went in the top 8 picks. I was one of the few people who rated Howard over Okafor pretty much that entire year. But, I also thought Skita would be a stud and that Gerald Green would be an all star, so you can't win them all. If Jordan busts you can say "I told you so", but I don't think he will.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#26 » by ClipperDomination » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:17 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I see no reason they can't play together.

They are both SF's. Why not take a backcourt player?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#27 » by Cammo101 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:33 am

ClipperDomination wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They are both SF's. Why not take a backcourt player?

They certainly could go with a guy like Mayo or Gordon.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#28 » by Liqourish » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:44 pm

HEY!!! that idiot has a name!! :wavefinger: and it's "Fire" Matt Millen :lol:

Calvin Johnson was the right pick. Lions won 7 games this year which was a HUGE improvement and CJ was a big part of that. If the special teams and offensive line were a little better, Lions could have maybe won another game or two.

Cammo's point is.... just because the GM has picked a few players at one particular position that haven't panned out.... doesn't mean that that position is not a need come draft time. In fact, Seattle needs a center badly. If Sonic fans want to hold out hope that Swift will never get injured again and somehow Sene pans out, by all means think that. But other fans feel like Seattle could get a nice young big next to Durant/Green for the future.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#29 » by Cammo101 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 am

Liqourish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

HEY!!! that idiot has a name!! :wavefinger: and it's "Fire" Matt Millen :lol:

Calvin Johnson was the right pick. Lions won 7 games this year which was a HUGE improvement and CJ was a big part of that. If the special teams and offensive line were a little better, Lions could have maybe won another game or two.

Cammo's point is.... just because the GM has picked a few players at one particular position that haven't panned out.... doesn't mean that that position is not a need come draft time. In fact, Seattle needs a center badly. If Sonic fans want to hold out hope that Swift will never get injured again and somehow Sene pans out, by all means think that. But other fans feel like Seattle could get a nice young big next to Durant/Green for the future.

That is exactly my point.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#30 » by A.J. » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:46 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:Still no Blake Griffin?

i dont think he will come out this year, but he could be a lottery pick next year
terpsoplenty
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#31 » by terpsoplenty » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:43 pm

No James Gist???
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#32 » by Griff83 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:50 pm

isnt that a little low for Darnell Jackson to be ranked?

Return to NBA Draft