kanter
vucevic
batum
fournier
gallinari
hernangomez x2
bertans
doncic

In fact, plenty of those guys are not even at the level of good EuroLeague players.

ok man. :) i suggest you switch from panathinaikos tv to league pass. :lol:

If you think guys like Bertans and the Hernangomez brothers would be at the level of the best EuroLeague players - then you very clearly have never once seen a EuroLeague game at any time in your life.

clearly i have :lol: do you have cable tv in greece? seems to me you are on a lonley island if i look at your statements. :lol:
DryPaint
Sophomore
And1: 60

Re: Luka Doncic Part III 

Post#3142 » by DryPaint » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
DryPaint wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
giannis
jokic
porzingis
gobert
dragic
rubio
gasol x2
ginobili
capela
bogdanovic
valanciunas
saric
schroder
kanter
vucevic
batum
fournier
gallinari
hernangomez x2
bertans
doncic

In fact, plenty of those guys are not even at the level of good EuroLeague players.

If you think guys like Bertans and the Hernangomez brothers would be at the level of the best EuroLeague players - then you very clearly have never once seen a EuroLeague game at any time in your life.

Hell, even Rubio is always a role player for Spain, Vucevic is average in lower level FIBA tournaments, and De Colo is clearly better for France than Fournier is. I know 90+ percent of people in these forums love to make the NBA better than it is compared to EuroLegaue, and EuroLegaue wose than it is compared to every other league in the world, but some of the claims are just way over the top even considering that.

Hernangomez brothers....probably couldn't even get consistent playing time in the good EuroLeague teams

CLEARLY. whatever you say :lol:
DryPaint
Sophomore

Post#3143 » by DryPaint » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 am

and one last CLEARLY for today:

the euroleague has so many great players staying in europe that KEVIN PANGOS, CORY HIGGINS, NANDO DE COLO, AND GIGI DATOME were the highlights of the "euroleague playoffs" :lol: :lol:
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,495

Post#3144 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:12 am

DryPaint wrote:CLEARLY. whatever you say :lol:

DryPaint wrote:and one last CLEARLY for today:

the euroleague has so many great players staying in europe that KEVIN PANGOS, CORY HIGGINS, NANDO DE COLO, AND GIGI DATOME were the highlights of the "euroleague playoffs" :lol: :lol:

Right, you have never in your life seen a EuroLeague game.
DryPaint
Sophomore

Post#3145 » by DryPaint » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:14 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
DryPaint wrote:CLEARLY. whatever you say :lol:

DryPaint wrote:and one last CLEARLY for today:

Right, you have never in your life seen a EuroLeague game.

your "if you dont agree with me, you clearly havent seen a basketball game in your life" is just funny to me, sorry. im not even offended :lol:
JPF
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#3146 » by JPF » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 am

DryPaint wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
giannis
jokic
porzingis
gobert
dragic
rubio
gasol x2
ginobili
capela
bogdanovic
valanciunas
saric
schroder
kanter
vucevic
batum
fournier
gallinari
hernangomez x2
bertans
doncic

DryPaint, welcome into the official "never seen an euroleague game in your life" club. We are gaining membership by the hour :)

@Mirotic; there is a thing called desire and a thing called reality.
You might wish for european basketball being stronger than it is, but your desire no matter how strong, has nothing to do with reality.
I was among the first, being really enthusiastic in the 2000-2005+ period, when it seemed that european basketball is slowely but surely, by small, yet visible steps, catching up with NBA. Even if now we could argue that it was the NBA that went on a devolution path for a few years in that era. But right now, as much as you might have to nitpick Sasha Vujačič performances in Torino or 36 years old washed out Beno Udrih in Žalgiris, to proove a point that NBA players are no better than euroleague players... it just doesn't add up. Period. There is a big talent gap as far as the top100 NBA players go and it's not narrowing down either.
Surely there are players in europe that could play in NBA. However apart from Llull, maybee De Colo and some ussual overlooked US players, none of those would be a true difference maker.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#3147 » by Archx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am

Can you guys stop freaking arguing about Euroleague and NBA... it's over, it's done. This is Doncic thread or Mavs thread :D

Can't wait for NBA to start omg... I am curious now if he will play for Slovenia ( next week?) like he wanted to or if Mavs let him play.
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#3148 » by Rn5ho » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:56 am

Archx wrote:Can you guys stop freaking arguing about Euroleague and NBA... it's over, it's done. This is Doncic thread or Mavs thread :D

Can't wait for NBA to start omg... I am curious now if he will play for Slovenia ( next week?) like he wanted to or if Mavs let him play.

I seriously doubt they will let him play.. Summer league starts in 2 weeks and he should rest a bit and get ready for that instead.
Archx
RealGM

Post#3149 » by Archx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:00 am

Rn5ho wrote:
Archx wrote:Can you guys stop freaking arguing about Euroleague and NBA... it's over, it's done. This is Doncic thread or Mavs thread :D

I seriously doubt they will let him play.. Summer league starts in 2 weeks and he should rest a bit and get ready for that instead.

Rick said they don't think he will play in SL. They want him to rest. So don't expect him to be there :P .. But he wants to play for our country so... that's possibility.
JPF
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#3150 » by JPF » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 am

Rn5ho wrote:

Carlisle already said Luka won't be playing in a summer league, but I don't think he will play for the NT either. He'll take a week off I imagine, than hit the gym and start preparing for the next season. These summer Fiba's windows for qualifications are imo the least likely to attract the best players as they disrupt their rest and ussual offseason routine.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,312

Post#3151 » by realEAST » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

Smith and Luka should be a very good combo, Barnes type of player that fits great along them.

Most of all glad Luka has top coach and is on the team that wants him.

Good outcome for him and all Dallas fans ;)
Rn5ho
Junior

Post#3152 » by Rn5ho » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am

Ahh, missed this info about summer league, just catching up right now on everything. Sad to hear that, really wanted to see how he would ACTUALLY look like when playing against "kids" and lower tier NBA. And first Dallas SL game is against Phoenix..
Archx
RealGM

Post#3153 » by Archx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 am

realEAST wrote:Smith and Luka should be a very good combo, Barnes type of player that fits great along them.

Most of all glad Luka has top coach and is on the team that wants him.

Good outcome for him and all Dallas fans ;)

That's why everyone who support Luka is really happy right now. He landed in a perfect team to develop his talent. And having 100% backing of the entire organization can do wonders for your confidence :D
DryPaint
Sophomore

Post#3154 » by DryPaint » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 am

carlisle said that doncic wont play the full summer league schedule. that they will figure it out how much he will play in vegas. i think he wont play for slovenia but will suit up for a couple of games during the vegas summer league.
AJ3
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#3155 » by AJ3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 am

As much as i want him to play for Slovenia i would prefer for him to focus on his career rather than the national team.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#3156 » by wolfram » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 am

AJ3 wrote:As much as i want him to play for Slovenia i would prefer for him to focus on his career rather than the national team.

I agree 100%.
Rn5ho
Junior

Post#3157 » by Rn5ho » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:44 am

AJ3 wrote:As much as i want him to play for Slovenia i would prefer for him to focus on his career rather than the national team.

I also fully agree. Our NT should be good enough with Prepelič, Vidmar, Blažič, ... If that's not enough to beat Belarus and Montenegro, then to hell with everything :)
mabundo_nagumbe
Junior
And1: 609

Post#3158 » by mabundo_nagumbe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:49 am

anyone knows at what time is the press conference with Luka today? and if it will be streamed, I would like to get the link as well :)
Archx
RealGM

Post#3159 » by Archx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 am

mabundo_nagumbe wrote:anyone knows at what time is the press conference with Luka today? and if it will be streamed, I would like to get the link as well :)

No clue but should be in couple of hours? Probably stream will be up on Mavs website, not sure.

And btw, it's so funny to see how many people changed their logos to Mavs fans :D .... It's tough for me to cheer for Mavs as a LAL fan but still, will watch Mavericks with one eye closed probably :lol: :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#3160 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am

bondom34 wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Regardless of what i feel about him, Dal needs their picks, and they threw away next year's pick or the one after for no reason. Take bamba and be happy

I hope that after you see how very wrong you are about Doncic, that you can get over this "NCAA is better than EuroLeague" and "no foreign guards can play" shtick. The Mavs got the best player in the draft by far, having just the 5th pick, and you are complaining....

Hopefully most Mavs fans actually realize what they got, and are happy about it.

Almost all do.

Look at the pic in your video capture Mirotic, does this guy look like a professional athlete? I know I may have an irrational take, but you do too when it comes to how good Euroleague is. there's no way a guy with this athleticism (or lack thereof) will dominate at the NBA level. Again, i don't think he'll be a bum, but if you can get an Embiid/Gobert type, you take him over a Turkaglu/Livingston any day. And keep a pick

And of course we'll complain, because Dal stupidly took another PG in the 2nd round. I don't blame Luka, I blame the FO

Return to NBA Draft