Amen & Ausar Thompson - Potential 2022 NBA Draft Guys

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Big J
RealGM
And1: 7,579

Re: Amen & Ausar Thompson - Potential 2022 NBA Draft Guys 

Post#461 » by Big J » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:23 am

These twins have proven a ton in summer league. Lotta dudes are gonna be dead wrong about them. The poor competition excuse aint gonna fly no more. Anyone with eyes could see that their athleticism & skills popped off the screen.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 29,127

Post#462 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:22 am

Big J wrote:These twins have proven a ton in summer league. Lotta dudes are gonna be dead wrong about them. The poor competition excuse aint gonna fly no more. Anyone with eyes could see that their athleticism & skills popped off the screen.

Looks like both are future all star locks tbh
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 22,229

Post#463 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:35 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Big J wrote:These twins have proven a ton in summer league. Lotta dudes are gonna be dead wrong about them. The poor competition excuse aint gonna fly no more. Anyone with eyes could see that their athleticism & skills popped off the screen.

We just need 2 of the 4 (Cade, Ausar, Ivey,Duren) to reach All-star level so we can have a solid foundation for a while.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 29,127

Post#464 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:38 am

MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

We just need 2 of the 4 (Cade, Ausar, Ivey,Duren) to reach All-star level so we can have a solid foundation for a while.

All of a good shot. Ausar has super star potential though. You guys are building something very special up there. I think people forget Cade is only 21 also
Big J
RealGM

Post#465 » by Big J » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:45 am

MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Don’t forget Wiseman bro.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#466 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:46 am

Big J wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

No thanks

I guess its still possible but that feels like a longshot
Big J
RealGM

Post#467 » by Big J » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:59 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Big J wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:We just need 2 of the 4 (Cade, Ausar, Ivey,Duren) to reach All-star level so we can have a solid foundation for a while.

No thanks

You’re right, he sucks.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#468 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:01 am

Big J wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Big J wrote:

No thanks

You’re right, he sucks.

:lol:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#469 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:03 am

Look at these hops though (im done after this one)

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,643

Post#470 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:39 am

that is an insane dunk
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 38,262

Post#471 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:40 am

MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

"Just" 2? I think you'll be lucky if one of them becomes a legit All-Star. It's not a given for any of these players.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#472 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:21 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

"Just" 2? I think you'll be lucky if one of them becomes a legit All-Star. It's not a given for any of these players.

Well thats what were gonna need. Cade seems like the best talent and Duren seems the safest at reaching his potential for his role.
Big J
RealGM

Post#473 » by Big J » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:37 am

clyde21 wrote:that is an insane dunk

:lol: You’ve been hating on these kids from day 1. Don’t try sneaking on the bandwagon now brother.
Mr Peanut
Veteran
And1: 2,833

Post#474 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:21 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

It's not a given, but no Pistons fans would call themselves "lucky" when Cade becomes a legit All-Star. It's more of an expectation, probably in the same way you expect Paolo to be.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 38,262

Post#475 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:10 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:We just need 2 of the 4 (Cade, Ausar, Ivey,Duren) to reach All-star level so we can have a solid foundation for a while.

It's not a given, but no Pistons fans would call themselves "lucky" when Cade becomes a legit All-Star. It's more of an expectation, probably in the same way you expect Paolo to be.

And I wouldn’t expect it is my point. Hoping is one thing, but placing these expectations upon him after his first two seasons is setting everybody up to fail imo. Hopefully for you guys, one of these players becomes elite. I think it’d be a great outcome for the franchise. Cheers.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 15,395

Post#476 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:41 am

And anyone with eyes could tell they were playing against poor competition. There were very few people in this thread who had them lower than 10-12 (for Ausar) and 4-8 (for Amen), people recognized the skills. But Amen's jumper didn't develop at all that we saw with them, and they would have more experience in high-pressure situations if they were in a real league. All of that can be true and they can be awesome. Heck, I think I was one of the most skeptical people on the level of competition they were facing and I had Amen 4th and Ausar 7th on my big board...

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 18,398

Post#477 » by Hal14 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:08 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

And anyone with eyes could tell they were playing against poor competition. There were very few people in this thread who had them lower than 10-12 (for Ausar) and 4-8 (for Amen), people recognized the skills. But Amen's jumper didn't develop at all that we saw with them, and they would have more experience in high-pressure situations if they were in a real league. All of that can be true and they can be awesome. Heck, I think I was one of the most skeptical people on the level of competition they were facing and I had Amen 4th and Ausar 7th on my big board...

You're missing the point.

The point is, this thread is 24 pages long and the vast majority of those pages are discussing the level of comp in the OTE - when what really matters the most when evaluating these prospects are the skills, the talent these players have, basketball IQ, court vision, how much of a will to win do they have, upside, athleticism, quickness, athleticism, ball handling, size, wingspan, maturity level, coachability, work ethic, etc. Those are the things we should have been discussing.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#478 » by EvanZ » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:10 pm

It's difficult to analyze all those things against terrible competition.

It's why we get guys in here predicting the EJ Onu's of the world are the next Dwight Howard with a 3pt shot.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 18,398

Post#479 » by Hal14 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:22 pm

EvanZ wrote:It's difficult to analyze all those things against terrible competition.

Perhaps to a novice scout it is.

It sure wasn't difficult for Troy Weaver or Rafael Stone.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#480 » by EvanZ » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:24 pm

Hal14 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:It's difficult to analyze all those things against terrible competition.

Perhaps to a novice scout it is.

It sure wasn't difficult for Troy Weaver or Rafael Stone.

You have no idea if that's true. You realize that right?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft