Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,644

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#61 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:22 pm

Sea2003 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i can't get enough of Jalen Green, I know he's rated high, but he still seems underrated to me, dude is so **** good...might take him over Cade

I like Jalen but there's no way I'm taking him over, Cade. Now, while i do think Jalen is exceptional offensively, i still think he has a lot of room to grow. For one, he seems to be out of control when he drives a lot. I've noticed that he has a hard time driving to his left on some occasions. Additionally, he needs to improve his shot selection. He seems to settle for a lot of tough mid-range shots as well as three's kinda like Anthony Edwards. Lastly, he needs to improve his motor. Jalen has all the tools to be a great defender but he appears to take a lot of plays off, mostly on the defensive side. That may be due to the fact that he has to carry such a tremendous load offensively but nonetheless i still would like to see him improve on that side of the ball. I see a lot of Anthony Edwards in Jalen. Both have similar games as well as weaknesses.

yea, he loves going right that's for sure, and I agree on the decision making, he has a bit of Anthony Edwards in him from that standpoint, but I can't overlook the elite shot creation and versatility, the stop-and-go, ability to put his head down and get to his spots, sweet jumper, super explosive with no wasted movements, legitimate 3 level scoring potential, can't be overlooked. i think he's a better version of Antman tbh.
Sea2003
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#62 » by Sea2003 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:52 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Sea2003 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i can't get enough of Jalen Green, I know he's rated high, but he still seems underrated to me, dude is so **** good...might take him over Cade

I like Jalen but there's no way I'm taking him over, Cade. Now, while i do think Jalen is exceptional offensively, i still think he has a lot of room to grow. For one, he seems to be out of control when he drives a lot. I've noticed that he has a hard time driving to his left on some occasions. Additionally, he needs to improve his shot selection. He seems to settle for a lot of tough mid-range shots as well as three's kinda like Anthony Edwards. Lastly, he needs to improve his motor. Jalen has all the tools to be a great defender but he appears to take a lot of plays off, mostly on the defensive side. That may be due to the fact that he has to carry such a tremendous load offensively but nonetheless i still would like to see him improve on that side of the ball. I see a lot of Anthony Edwards in Jalen. Both have similar games as well as weaknesses.

yea, he loves going right that's for sure, and I agree on the decision making, he has a bit of Anthony Edwards in him from that standpoint, but I can't overlook the elite shot creation and versatility, the stop-and-go, ability to put his head down and get to his spots, sweet jumper, super explosive with no wasted movements, legitimate 3 level scoring potential, can't be overlooked. i think he's a better version of Antman tbh.

Even though i like Jalen, i still see Edward as the superior prospect mostly because of his physique. The one big difference between the two is their frames. Once Jalen makes it to the league he'll need to start filling out his frame. Since Edwards won't have to do that he can improve on other phases of his game, such as his shot-selection. It'll be much harder for defenses to guard Edward's as they'll have to worry about his insanely huge frame as well as his shot. It'll be interesting to see who becomes better down the road.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#63 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:08 pm

yea Edwards has a man body but I don't think it matters to his game that much to be honest, he gets his shots off because of his handle, wiggle and quickness he's not really bodying people out there on either side of the court
Sea2003
Sophomore

Post#64 » by Sea2003 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:yea Edwards has a man body but I don't think it matters to his game that much to be honest, he gets his shots off because of his handle, wiggle and quickness he's not really bodying people out there on either side of the court

I think it does. It'll much easier to attract attention, as well as get to the line. The problem is that he settles too much rather than trying to get to the line.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#65 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:18 pm

Sea2003 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:yea Edwards has a man body but I don't think it matters to his game that much to be honest, he gets his shots off because of his handle, wiggle and quickness he's not really bodying people out there on either side of the court

I think it does. It'll much easier to attract attention, as well as get to the line. The problem is that he settles too much rather than trying to get to the line.

it only matters in getting to the line if Antman wants to get to the line, Jalen is more aggressive down hill IMO which is another reason I like him better.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,710

Post#66 » by peZt » Wed Apr 8, 2020 9:02 am

Whats the news on Jalen Suggs? Is he going pro or joining the Zags? Love his highlight tapes, looks like a special talent
I've grown to become a little fan von Gonzaga over the years, mainly because of their smart international recruiting and good management, and I'd like them to be as strong as possible.
Could be a special team next year. Maybe even too deep for a Mark Few team if everone returns
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,890

Post#67 » by GimmeDat » Wed Apr 8, 2020 9:44 am

peZt wrote:Whats the news on Jalen Suggs? Is he going pro or joining the Zags?
I've grown to become a little fan von Gonzaga over the years, mainly because of their smart international recruiting and good management, and I'd like them to be as strong as possible.
Could be a special team next year. Maybe even too deep for a Mark Few team if everone returns

It definitely was in play - the latest was his dad said they were in the process of discussing potential pro options, but COVID has set back those interactions.

Jalen Green also said he's 50/50 on going overseas right now, as well.

Those in the know around the NBL are beating around the bush and definitely won't name any names at this point in time, but the A1 guy when it comes to breaking info said this year (he predicts) will be a deeper class of 'Next Stars' than last year (which was Ball, Hampton, Louzada, Armstrong).

I don't think Didi will get brought in by NOP next season because they're so deep on the perimeter, and Armstrong has declared for the draft but no way gets picked, so he's technically contracted to his NBL team for next season (I reached out to his team for a statement and they said it's a club decision whether he'll return, and will depend on the outcome of the draft), so there's two returning names right there.

Suggs and Green are the two name's floating around, Isaiah Todd and Ziaire Williams have solid rumors surrounding them, too. Corey Evans also posted back in December that Cunningham 'could surprise' by going overseas, but it sounds like a pipe dream, to me.

Beyond that, *if* Makur Maker isn't happy with his draft stock (from what I've read, he may even be fine with a good 2nd round offer), I would bet the NBL is a likely destination for him, I'm sure Kyree Walker would jump at an NBL offer but I'm not sure team's are interested.

You've got Beauchamp skipping college but it sounds like he's locked in to just 'training' up to the draft, and the latest is it sounds like Kai Sotto will be joining him down that path.

There's also two Australian 'next stars' already signed as well - Josh Giddey (Adelaide) and Mojave King (Cairns). The mainstream boards are still getting to know these two but over here, they're widely expected to both be 1st round picks.

I believe Fisch (if you're reading!) mentioned on the board here at some point that Chet Holmgren was looking into it either this coming year or the year after as well. Interested to know if you have any follow up to that.

Circling back to Suggs, he's probably the guy I felt most confident on this list that would be coming over. How circumstances have changed things, I don't know. Right now NBL teams aren't even sure whether borders will be open to have imports in the league whatsoever, so they're only in a position to talk to players conceptually. But, Australia has dealt really well with the virus so far and I would say things are likely pretty positive that they'll open back up at some point (they're saying lockdown restrictions might be loosened as soon as next month), so I'm cautiously optimistic.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,060

Post#68 » by karkinos » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:07 am

that cali water just grows a different breed
just a 9th grader my god
clyde21
RealGM

Post#69 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Sea2003
Sophomore

Post#70 » by Sea2003 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:17 pm

He did say that academics were important to him. Seems to me he'll be one-and-done.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,503

Post#71 » by damedash09 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:32 am

Joshua Christopher just committed to Arizona state
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,597

Post#72 » by God Squad » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:54 am

From the little highlights I've seen of Josh Christopher he looks to be competitive with a wide frame although a little undersized atm? 6'5? Still behind Jalen imo though.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,312

Post#73 » by getrichordie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:36 am

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,480

Post#74 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Todd going pro, he is going to have a hard time in likely Australia

if Livers ends up back I think Michigan is actually better off

Smith-Jackson
Brooks-Nuñez-Bajema
Wagner-Johns-Howard
Livers-Williams
Dickinson-Davis
clyde21
RealGM

Post#75 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 pm

ouch, Michigan loses out on both Todd and Christopher

Todd is legit wherever he goes, top10 guy
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,890

Post#76 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:51 pm

It was weird that he made the pro decision so early, because everything's completely uncertain regarding overseas leagues right now. I know the NBL is operating under the possibility there's going to be no imports at all, so it's hard to imagine there'd have been any develops on that front.

If he was willing to just training leading up to the draft, why commit to Michigan at all in the first place, idk. Likewise, the fact that he announced he's going pro without announcing a destination/team, suggests to me that he just doesn't want to play college ball regardless of any concrete plan going forward.

From what I've seen of Todd, obviously he passes the eyes test as an athletic, 6'10 guy, mobile with some ball skills and other unique tools, but I'm not sure that his skill-set is polished enough to really dabble with those elements at NBL level, and I've also read concerns about his motor and defense. For those reasons, I think he'd likely play backup in the NBL.
Sea2003
Sophomore

Post#77 » by Sea2003 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:01 am

Looks like Jalen Green might be seriously considering going overseas GimmeDat
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,312

Post#78 » by getrichordie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 am

God damn. This kid is ridiculous.

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,226

Post#79 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:08 am

Looks like Jalen Green might go Gleague

Jalen Suggs and Terrence Clarke rumoured to be considering it too
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,415

Post#80 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:10 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:Looks like Jalen Green might go Gleague

Jalen Suggs and Terrence Clarke rumoured to be considering it too

Ive seen the rumors for all the Jalen's (Suggs, Green and Johnson) and Clarke as well. Wouldnt be shocked if this happens. With the virus, I wouldnt be shocked if too many of these guys dont want to go overseas. Also no clue what is going to happen with college basketball this year. Might as well sign with the G League and get that 125k contract.

Return to NBA Draft