And1: 0

Dime: 10 Draft Sleepers 

Post#1 » by impy24 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm

sicknastydunker
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Re: Dime: 10 Draft Sleepers 

Post#2 » by sicknastydunker » Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

I agree with almost all of these. Especially Reggie Jackson.
dukes_wild wrote:Fultz is going to be a future MVP, so no, Philly actually got very lucky that Boston gave them that pick

:lol:
harithak47
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by harithak47 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

I am not sold on Selby at all.
Even at his very best at KU he was a spot up shooter.
Those great 3 games he had in the beginning of the season were games he knocked down the 3 ball well and consistently.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#4 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Marshon Brooks ought to be in there. He's like a top 15 prospect in this draft IMO.
Point-God
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#5 » by Point-God » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Marshon Brooks ought to be in there. He's like a top 15 prospect in this draft IMO.

We all need to be careful how high we rank senior prospects in today's NCAA. That goes for juniors as well. College players today are competing against the least amount of talent in the history of NCAA basketball. It also needs to be stated that some of these same juniors and seniors compete against NBA players regularly in pickup games furthering their development and confidence against fellow NCAA players. A 22 year old guy competing against 18 year olds is suppose to end in him dominating.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#6 » by ManualRam » Wed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm

i like the reggie jackson, selby and richmond picks.

tobias harris too if he could ever transform his body..
kawhi doesnt belong on the list though. kid is top 10.
nets4nets
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by nets4nets » Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 pm

sicknastydunker wrote:I agree with almost all of these. Especially Reggie Jackson.

Mark my word in 5 yrs Reggie Jackson will be the 2nd best pg out of this draft and be very near Irving's level. I really hope the Pacers get him we need his defense at the pg.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Jackson's a good one, but he'd be 4th on my list and my top 3 aren't even mentioned in the article:

1. Justin Harper - dude is 6'8 barefoot, a very good underrated athlete, ripped at 230 lbs, and maybe the best shooter in the draft.
2. JaJuan Johnson
3. Keith Benson

Johnson and Benson just have to figure a way to build up their legs - so they can establish position. Easier said than done, but if they do, they'll be very good.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
DarkoNeedsAfro
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Post#9 » by DarkoNeedsAfro » Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I see that the article has Jereme Richmond as a top 10 sleeper while also saying "He may not be ready for the NBA after his short stint in Illinois" and "personal choices and behind-the-scenes issues at Illinois accelerated his decision to leave". One thing I love is when people ignore this many red flags. This guy is destined for trouble. He was kicked off his high school team for fighting with a teammate, suspended for the NCAA tourney for apparently fighting with a teammate, and is leaving early due to supposed straight F's. Hopefully the NBA guys will get some straight answers as to what exactly happened, but this is what is being reported.

7.6 ppg, 60% on FT, 16% on 3's...and now 0 bench presses. He was a pretty good rebounder on a team with a foul prone center which put Richmond at PF a lot. So a guy too weak to play inside at the NBA level and a terrible outside shooter "will be a vastly better player in the NBA" than those picked ahead of him. Really? I am glad that Draftexpress finally has him out of the 1st round in their mock draft. Giving this guy guaranteed money is begging him to check out.

Can you tell this guy rubbed me the wrong way this year? I was disappointed that he decided to leave for the draft because I was looking forward to Weber kicking him off the team.
Deathray
Junior
And1: 110

Post#10 » by Deathray » Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm sold on Tobias Harris. He's athletic and has an NBA ready body for a kid who hasn't even turned 19 yet. He showed leadership down the stretch of the season and played hard on a team that didn't give a crap. He needs to improve his outside shot but I'm surprised he's not projected as a top 20 pick in this draft.

Return to NBA Draft