Which players have the best chance of being a superstar?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Which players have the best chance of being a superstar? 

Post#1 » by Jazzfan12 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Not just in this draft, but this one to the 2013 class. Davis, Drummond, Quincy Miller, Isaiah Austin, and Shabazz Muhammad in that order? Drummond's been slipping in the last few high school recruiting rankings though, people seem to think he's really soft and the next Mullens/Darko, agree or disagree? Too optimistic for Muhammad and Austin to think they have superstar potential? Does anyone in this draft have superstar potential? Potential to lead his team to the Conference Finals without a second option and win several rings once he gets one?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Re: Which players have the best chance of being a superstar? 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Jeremy Lamb and Kyrie Irving.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm

If he can play SF full time, James McAdoo can be Carmelo IMO. Part of what makes Melo a superstar despite not being a top 5 player is he's just straight up cool, from the way he carries himself to his smooth game to his name. I feel the same way about McAdoo. The guy just feels like a star, from the confidence he carries himself with to his smooth game to his name. If he's a big time scorer the NBA will embrace him as a star IMO.

I'm still feeling Drummond a lot more than Davis

My best guess though for the next superstar, is that one of the really talented but needs work guys in 2012 - Beal, Gilchrist, Nash, Jones III, Wroten, makes the great leap. Not all of them, but one or two. Gun to my head - Bradley Beal
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:Not just in this draft, but this one to the 2013 class. Davis, Drummond, Quincy Miller, Isaiah Austin, and Shabazz Muhammad in that order? Drummond's been slipping in the last few high school recruiting rankings though, people seem to think he's really soft and the next Mullens/Darko, agree or disagree? Too optimistic for Muhammad and Austin to think they have superstar potential? Does anyone in this draft have superstar potential? Potential to lead his team to the Conference Finals without a second option and win several rings once he gets one?

thats asking a whole lot from a single player. those players are rare and even then (outside of lebron) players need a whole lot of luck and surrounding talent to lead their team to that type of success. there are a few superstars in the league who still cant achieve that type of team success, through no fault of their own.

i think kyrie and anthony davis are the best bets to achieve that type of success. its most likely a slim chance, but i give them the best shot out of all the names mentioned in this thread so far.
both are skilled, fundamentally sound, very advanced feel, can attract attention and they both know how to capitalize on that attention. they cant physically impose themselves on the opposition, but both can out-think, out-skill and just straight up play better basketball than their opponents.
both can work on or off the ball. both have great temperaments. they have that quiet confidence as well as leadership qualities.

mcadoo has similar leadership qualities and all-around ability but i think he might encounter the same problems that derrick williams might. i'd like to see if he can fully transition to the SF before putting him in that category.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 am

I think Anthony Davis could be a special player.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#6 » by Jazzfan12 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 am

I don't expect any draft prospect to become a superstar since it's so hard, but I was just thinking about how many prospects have like a better than 10% chance of becoming one.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#7 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 am

I'm going to go with Bradley Beal.

Return to NBA Draft