Quincy Miller

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Re: Quincy Miller 

Post#21 » by Silk Wilkes » Tue Sep 6, 2011 11:46 pm

His jumpshot looks like crap, but his handles look tight.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#22 » by ManualRam » Wed Sep 7, 2011 12:13 am

theboomking wrote:That was a great play. The dunk below is stunning. Miller doesn't regularly get up like he does in this video, but if maturity brings this kind of explosiveness on a more regular basis, then, wow...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_jR16AWUM[/youtube]

looks like another one of those leverage dunks. he doesnt get up like that.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#23 » by 7-Day Dray » Wed Sep 7, 2011 12:19 am

ManualRam wrote:
theboomking wrote:That was a great play. The dunk below is stunning. Miller doesn't regularly get up like he does in this video, but if maturity brings this kind of explosiveness on a more regular basis, then, wow...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_jR16AWUM[/youtube]

looks like another one of those leverage dunks. he doesnt get up like that.

Yeah. It looked like he used the defender to lift him up a little.

He's a good athlete though. Smooth.
JamesNaismith
Banned User

Post#24 » by JamesNaismith » Wed Sep 7, 2011 3:25 am

Not sure what the heck you're talking about. The slow motion clearly shows the height he's at is all his own doing as he barely makes contact until he's actually slammed the bball down that kid's throat.

Take a close look at :19 - :21 seconds in he's already at the peak of his jump and the kid's contact is actually pushing him backwards and Miller is NOT using his free hand to push himself up.....he again ALREADY is.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#25 » by ManualRam » Wed Sep 7, 2011 3:32 am

JamesNaismith wrote:Not sure what the heck you're talking about. The slow motion clearly shows the height he's at is all his own doing as he barely makes contact until he's actually slammed the bball down that kid's throat.

pause at :21, then unpause/pause. look at his left arm. it pushes off the defender then he gets an extra boost. its clear as day.
he's not that kind of athlete.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
JamesNaismith
Banned User

Post#26 » by JamesNaismith » Wed Sep 7, 2011 3:51 am

ManualRam wrote:
JamesNaismith wrote:Not sure what the heck you're talking about. The slow motion clearly shows the height he's at is all his own doing as he barely makes contact until he's actually slammed the bball down that kid's throat.

pause at :21, then unpause/pause. look at his left arm. it pushes off the defender then he gets an extra boost. its clear as day.
he's not that kind of athlete.

I did...that's why I told you to watch at :19 secs in.

He's already up the majority of the way. You can also see the contact is causing the kid to move backwards not down. The most that form of contact would increase is maybe an inch or two. I'm not claiming that he's constantly an explosive athlete but in that particular play he was able to get up there.

BTW pause this footage at exactly :15 secs in....his head is at the EXACT same height yet again

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKu8-ZZAsyQ&feature=related[/youtube]

His head is right at that foam AGAIN, hell even where his head is shown paused at before you start the footage show that his head is only a few inches from the rim with NO contact AGAIN, and then again at about :33 secs he's close to the rim AGAIN....sorry to break it to you but he IS capable of jumping that high as shown and proven.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#27 » by ManualRam » Wed Sep 7, 2011 4:07 am

not true at all. have you seen the the tom chambers dunk? blake on mozgov? any body contact where the defender is under the jumper can create enough leverage to boost the offensive player a good amount.

nice camera angle on the 2nd.
he's more long and fluid than explosive...but believe whatever you want.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
JamesNaismith
Banned User

Post#28 » by JamesNaismith » Wed Sep 7, 2011 4:13 am

ManualRam wrote:not true at all. have you seen the the tom chambers dunk? blake on mozgov? any body contact where the defender is under the jumper can create enough leverage to boost the offensive player a good amount.

You have got to be kidding.....

Nice camera angle?!?! LOL

I also never claimed that he was more explosive then long and fluid so not sure why you said that....I made it clear that I thought he was CAPABLE of it not that it was common; big difference.

Come on man; don't be too stubborn to admit you were wrong. In that highlight package I pasted he gets up there at least 2-3x and 15 secs was a clear example. You're one of the better posters in the draft board for the most part; please continue on that path and accept you made a mistake....I'll leave it at that.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#29 » by ManualRam » Wed Sep 7, 2011 4:23 am

JamesNaismith wrote:
ManualRam wrote:not true at all. have you seen the the tom chambers dunk? blake on mozgov? any body contact where the defender is under the jumper can create enough leverage to boost the offensive player a good amount.

You have got to be kidding.....

Nice camera angle?!?! LOL

Come on man; don't be too stubborn to admit you were wrong. In that highlight package I pasted he gets up there at least 2-3x and 15 secs was a clear example. You're one of the better posters in the draft board for the most part; please continue on that path and accept you made a mistake....I'll leave it at that.

no im not kidding. that is a nice camera angle. lower camera angles make look verticals look better.
he's not an explosive athlete. his length exaggerates his athleticism. also, whatever he was he's probably less (even slightly) after blowing his knee.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#30 » by sipclip » Thu Sep 8, 2011 2:55 pm

Anyone that watches that video closely can see that was all Quincy Miller in that dunk. From the angle of where the defender came from and the way he is leaning it back it is physically impossible for Miller to get any kind of leverage from that kid. Also as has been pointed out already Miller looked to be at the peak of his jump before he even made contact with the defender.
JamesNaismith
Banned User

Post#31 » by JamesNaismith » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:50 am

If healthy...Miller is the best SF in next year's draft!
hovermaster97
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#32 » by hovermaster97 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:48 pm

well just the most recent playing footage

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDNcqqIWH9Q[/youtube]
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#33 » by Kabookalu » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:06 am

Almost looks like a spitting image of Kevin Durant in that video.
Read on Twitter
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#34 » by ManualRam » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:24 am

cant tell too much from that video other than that he looks bigger. maybe he tweaked his release point slightly. he looked slower but he obviously wasnt going game speed.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by 7-Day Dray » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:52 am

ManualRam wrote:cant tell too much from that video other than that he looks bigger. maybe he tweaked his release point slightly. he looked slower but he obviously wasnt going game speed.

I think they said he still isn't 100% yet, and that video was from a few months ago and I think it was his first game back.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#36 » by Canomad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 am

bigger for sure. looks like he added 15 pounds.
bigfan26
Junior
And1: 11

Post#37 » by bigfan26 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01 am

it looked to me like he was playing pretty hesitant with his injury, no hard cuts and was kinda awkward with his steps. He definately didn't seem like 100% and looked like he was playing at the rec.

His jumper looks like he has a slightly higher release now,

I really like his change in attitude though, i think that'll help him become a better player.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#38 » by Canomad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:37 am

bigfan26 wrote:it looked to me like he was playing pretty hesitant with his injury, no hard cuts and was kinda awkward with his steps. He definately didn't seem like 100% and looked like he was playing at the rec.

His jumper looks like he has a slightly higher release now,

I really like his change in attitude though, i think that'll help him become a better player.

yeah me too going from walking around yelling "its easy" to being humbled by injury can help him. like he said he appricates the game now and he dont take it for granted.
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#39 » by Kaner » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Quincy Miller with a better attitude and work ethic can really be the top SF in 2012 IMO, depending on how he is used at Baylor he might even go top 3. Do people generally have McAdoo higher on their mocks because of Quincy's injury, or just because of McAdoo's attitude and intangibles?
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#40 » by theboomking » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:09 pm

He seems more mature in his interview. Obviously he has put on some weight, and he says he is at 223 pounds now. His length is very good for a SF, possible elite. Miller obviously has nice handles. I just worry that his shot looks a little unorthodox, and that when he is playing with better athletes, they will expose his weaknesses. Even in this video, Miller looks a bit floor bound. He isn't an elite athlete.

Return to NBA Draft