Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

mattg
Head Coach
Posts: 6,470
And1: 1,588
Joined: Feb 12, 2007

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#41 » by mattg » Wed Jun 6, 2012 3:46 am

Yeah miles could be a Greg steimsma type in the NBA. Rotational big man who can bang around, provide some energy and hard fouls.
User avatar
MalReyn
Analyst
Posts: 3,503
And1: 5
Joined: Aug 04, 2004

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#42 » by MalReyn » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 am

Well looks like Indiana thought a lot of him. First round and guaranteed contract for the eldest Plumlee... wow. Congrats, good for him.
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,394
And1: 366
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#43 » by jman3134 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 am

Literally a crazy pick with other talented players on board. Perry Jones, Jeff Taylor, Moultrie, Tyshawn Taylor etc. Really terrible evaluators....
User avatar
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 46,415
And1: 10,775
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#44 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 am

Looks like there was love for Miles Plumlee
User avatar
Eoghan
RealGM
Posts: 11,301
And1: 3,262
Joined: May 20, 2009
         

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#45 » by Eoghan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 am

Pacers just mad that Zeller was gone for their annual big white pick.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#46 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:48 am

Larry Bird makes the ultimate Bird pick on his way out the door. LOL at this stiff going ahead of Perry Jones.
iLL GM
Banned User
Posts: 550
And1: 2
Joined: Sep 17, 2011

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#47 » by iLL GM » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 am

Cammo101 wrote:Larry Bird makes the ultimate Bird pick on his way out the door. LOL at this stiff going ahead of Perry Jones.


Your posting history suggests you're single worst talent evaluator at RealGM, thus, if you hate the pick, I'm gonna go ahead and say I love it. I'll take a chance that your 97% inaccuracy rate holds up.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#48 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 am

iLL GM wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:Larry Bird makes the ultimate Bird pick on his way out the door. LOL at this stiff going ahead of Perry Jones.


Your posting history suggests you're single worst talent evaluator at RealGM, thus, if you hate the pick, I'm gonna go ahead and say I love it. I'll take a chance that your 97% inaccuracy rate holds up.


Your join date of less than a year ago and your less than 500 posts suggests that you have no idea of my posting history. People that have been around this board more than a few weeks know my track record is plenty solid.

But if it helps you feel better about your team wasting their first round pick on a guy who in 4 years couldn't quite crack that illusive 7 points per game plateau, believe whatever you like.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
Posts: 10,619
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#49 » by Indy2thaWindy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 am

You do, or at least did think Ryan Anderson was one of the best power forwards in the eastern conference.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#50 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 am

Indy2thaWindy wrote:You do, or at least did think Ryan Anderson was one of the best power forwards in the eastern conference.


Anderson is one of the better power forwards in the East, which by the way is not exactly loaded at power forward. He averaged 16 and 8 last year and seems to get better every year.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
Posts: 10,619
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#51 » by Indy2thaWindy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 am

he sucks
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#52 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:17 am

Anderson
Boozer
Bass
West
Bosh
Smith
Amare
Brand
Gooden
Jerebko
Humphries
Jamison
Amir Johnson
Revolving door of Washington PFs
Tyrus Thomas

Can you really look at that list of starting PFs and not think Anderson is one of the better power forwards in the East?
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#53 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 am

Anderson averaged 16 and 8 in the NBA this year. Plumlee averaged 6 and 7 in his 4th year of college. What are we even talking about here?
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
Posts: 10,619
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#54 » by Indy2thaWindy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 am

The fact that your word means nothing. Anderson is a scrub. I watched Troy Murphy put up 15 and 11 and he's one of the worst players I've ever seen. Stats mean nothing. I've watched Anderson some over the season. He's just not good. You'll find out more then likely, unless somebody else signs him so I'll just drop it and let have the pleasure of having a scrub getting paid that much on you roster.

I think Plumlee will be bad by the way. Just saying you don't know a thing.
gensu3k1
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 1
Joined: Jun 22, 2003

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#55 » by gensu3k1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 am

gensu3k1 wrote:it's really strange, many times he looked better than Mason to me. His athleticism is really underrated. I think he's an ok second round pick.


Image
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
AnaheimRoyale
Banned User
Posts: 1,806
And1: 11
Joined: May 13, 2012

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#56 » by AnaheimRoyale » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 am

Cammo101 wrote:Anderson
Boozer
Bass
West
Bosh
Smith
Amare
Brand
Gooden
Jerebko
Humphries
Jamison
Amir Johnson
Revolving door of Washington PFs
Tyrus Thomas

Can you really look at that list of starting PFs and not think Anderson is one of the better power forwards in the East?


I don't even like Ryan Anderson, and I think that list is ridiculous, and makes you look as though you have no grasp of player values (at all).

I also wouldn't be bumping this thread if it was me, since the Pacers FO last year traded away a probable top 5 player in the draft for a back up point guard.
noobcake
Banned User
Posts: 2,571
And1: 442
Joined: May 18, 2009

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#57 » by noobcake » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am

I'm a Duke grad living in Indy right now.

I can tell all Pacer fans that Miles Plumlee is not a NBA player. His brother Mason is a lotto lock next year. His youngest brother should be a future lotto pick as well.

Miles: Gymrat, lowest skill
Mason: Most athletic, future lotto
Marshall: Most skilled, biggest, future high lotto
User avatar
ManualRam
RealGM
Posts: 23,361
And1: 2,742
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#58 » by ManualRam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

noobcake wrote:I'm a Duke grad living in Indy right now.

I can tell all Pacer fans that Miles Plumlee is not a NBA player. His brother Mason is a lotto lock next year. His youngest brother should be a future lotto pick as well.

Miles: Gymrat, lowest skill
Mason: Most athletic, future lotto
Marshall: Most skilled, biggest, future high lotto

but miles is the most physical and only one physically able to consistently defend NBA C's.
it was a reach, but there is a place in the league for guys like miles.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,985
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#59 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:35 pm

AnaheimRoyale wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:Anderson
Boozer
Bass
West
Bosh
Smith
Amare
Brand
Gooden
Jerebko
Humphries
Jamison
Amir Johnson
Revolving door of Washington PFs
Tyrus Thomas

Can you really look at that list of starting PFs and not think Anderson is one of the better power forwards in the East?


I don't even like Ryan Anderson, and I think that list is ridiculous, and makes you look as though you have no grasp of player values (at all).

I also wouldn't be bumping this thread if it was me, since the Pacers FO last year traded away a probable top 5 player in the draft for a back up point guard.


You don't seriously think that list of players is in any sort of order do you? It is just a random list of all the starting power forwards from last season.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,422
And1: 5
Joined: May 22, 2011
Location: DMV

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#60 » by 7-Day Dray » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:07 pm

All I know is Miles Plumlee had a grand total of 3 highlights in his ESPN highlight reel, and he traveled in one of them. That's all I know.

Return to NBA Draft