Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Big Jaffa
Senior
And1: 138

Re: Why is there no love for Miles Plumlee? 

Post#81 » by Big Jaffa » Sun Jul 1, 2012 12:10 pm

If this dude turns into someone who can play for 10-12 minutes, grab rebounds, provide some defense and learn to hit a 15 footer its not really a bad pick considering how late in the first round it was, deep draft or no.
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 917
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#82 » by RussellandFlow » Mon Jul 2, 2012 12:15 am

You can find undrafted free agents to play 10-12 mins and provide some defense and grab rebounds. You do not waste the 26th pick on someone who's ceiling may be Jeff Foster when there were better options on the board value wise.
irving2eyenga
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by irving2eyenga » Wed Jul 4, 2012 5:46 am

he will have an impossible time getting his shot off down low against NBA defenders
kategrin611
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#84 » by kategrin611 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 1:59 am

Anderson averaged 16 and 8 in the NBA this year. Plumlee averaged 6 and 7 in his 4th year of college. What are we even talking about here?
mrknowname
Junior
And1: 3

Post#85 » by mrknowname » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:41 pm

antoekneeo wrote:You can find undrafted free agents to play 10-12 mins and provide some defense and grab rebounds. You do not waste the 26th pick on someone who's ceiling may be Jeff Foster when there were better options on the board value wise.

you're underrating jeff foster here
Crowman
Junior
And1: 2

Post#86 » by Crowman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am

Was quite good today i think he can become a solid backup center Hibbert will obviously need to teach some back to the basket type stuff and footwork but i like what i saw
iLL GM
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#87 » by iLL GM » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:16 am

Orlando Summer League First Teamer.
CBB_Fan
Senior

Post#88 » by CBB_Fan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Something I constantly try to explain to my less sports-centric friends is that it isn't about the player you draft, but the players you didn't.

If you only consider Plumlee, you can make a case for him. But the same can be said for almost any guy that is even a possible draft pick. The question is what do you give up to get him. And this case, the Pacers passed on guys like Doron Lamb, Arnett Moultrie, Jeff Taylor, Draymond Green, Quincy Miller, and ESPECIALLY Perry Jones III.

Someday in the future, people will be just as amazed that PJIII was drafted after Plumlee as we now are that Milicic was drafted over Wade and Bosh. If he isn't still with the Thunder, or injured, he'll be a star on some team. 3rd highest potential in the entire draft.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#89 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm

iLL GM wrote:Orlando Summer League First Teamer.

Somewhere Nikola Tskitishvili is looking at his first team all summer league plaque and smiling. As are many other average to poor players who did well in a meaningless week long exhibition.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#90 » by Jazzfan12 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 pm

CBB_Fan wrote:Something I constantly try to explain to my less sports-centric friends is that it isn't about the player you draft, but the players you didn't.

If you only consider Plumlee, you can make a case for him. But the same can be said for almost any guy that is even a possible draft pick. The question is what do you give up to get him. And this case, the Pacers passed on guys like Doron Lamb, Arnett Moultrie, Jeff Taylor, Draymond Green, Quincy Miller, and ESPECIALLY Perry Jones III.

Someday in the future, people will be just as amazed that PJIII was drafted after Plumlee as we now are that Milicic was drafted over Wade and Bosh. If he isn't still with the Thunder, or injured, he'll be a star on some team. 3rd highest potential in the entire draft.

Team doctors say Perry's knees have four years left and Brooks will never play Jones.
CBB_Fan
Senior

Post#91 » by CBB_Fan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:Team doctors say Perry's knees have four years left and Brooks will never play Jones.

But Jones is an asset. You give him reserve minutes, let him show off his athleticism and length, and then have a high value piece to trade without much risk. He isn't going to be playing more than 10-15 MPG for the Thunder, likely either resting Ibaka or Durant.

Can you trade Plumlee? No team would is likely to give you more than a second rounder for him, if that. And to be honest, most guys that only average 6.7 PPG and 7.2 RPG as a senior don't make it to a second contract, so I don't think the durability problem will be an issue.

Return to NBA Draft