Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

PTPaQ
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Re: Dennis Schr 

Post#21 » by PTPaQ » Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
PTPaQ wrote:Kids gonna be a problem.

Problem for opposing teams kind of problem? Or, Royce White kind of problem?

:lol:

I meant a problem for opposing teams.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#22 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun May 26, 2013 2:22 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:In four years, he might be looked at as the best PG to come out of the 2013 draft.

He has all the tools to be a stud NBA PG. Athletic, quick, great handle, developing 3-pointer and potential lock-down defender. I think his lack of visibility is the only reason he isn't in front of Trey Burke in positioning.

The flipside of that, is how lack of visibility and his international man of mystery sexiness, could as much be the only reason he's in front of Myck Kabongo

You're absolutely right. We'll have to wait and see.
Tony503
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Tony503 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 am

BackseatBoss wrote:I remember reading somewhere that he already has his head in the clouds and that he didn't attend a few of his teams in Germany practices... In other words, I think he might have some attitude problems.

Idk man i met him at the Nike Hoop Summit and he seemed like a cool/down to earth dude... who knows .. maybe after all the hype he got from the hoop summit he changed.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,530

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:In four years, he might be looked at as the best PG to come out of the 2013 draft.

He has all the tools to be a stud NBA PG. Athletic, quick, great handle, developing 3-pointer and potential lock-down defender. I think his lack of visibility is the only reason he isn't in front of Trey Burke in positioning.

The flipside of that, is how lack of visibility and his international man of mystery sexiness, could as much be the only reason he's in front of Myck Kabongo

You're absolutely right. We'll have to wait and see.

I guess to be fair, saying "Why is Schroeder ahead of Kabongo when they are so similar?" could just as easily mean "Kabongo is being underrated and should go top 20", not Schroeder getting overrated
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#25 » by machu46 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:I remember reading somewhere that he already has his head in the clouds and that he didn't attend a few of his teams in Germany practices... In other words, I think he might have some attitude problems.

I've heard the same. Heard he's a bit of a primadonna from one of the guys that played with him a few years ago.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#26 » by Apollo64 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:18 pm

One of the issues i see is that he played for Germany's U20 national team for a couple of tournaments and totally flew under the radar. Then he suddenly has an average season in German league and a good Nike Hoops Summit game and everyone is raving about how special he is. Who knows, maybe he is a late bloomer.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#27 » by princeofpalace » Sun May 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Apollo64 wrote:One of the issues i see is that he played for Germany's U20 national team for a couple of tournaments and totally flew under the radar. Then he suddenly has an average season in German league and a good Nike Hoops Summit game and everyone is raving about how special he is. Who knows, maybe he is a late bloomer.

He's being overrated based on 1 game at the Hoops Summit, much like Biyombo in 2011. If he goes in the lottery, I think he will bust. He's a good shooter, he's weak, he's turnover prone and he's not a real PG. I dont understand the allure
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Post#28 » by rockmanslim » Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 pm

am i seeing things or does his jumper have a hitch in it
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#29 » by machu46 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 pm

rockmanslim wrote:am i seeing things or does his jumper have a hitch in it

Not sure if it's a hitch, but it doesn't look good IMO. Seems to be a pretty slow and low release from what I've seen. The thing is since there's such little film on him, it's hard to see it his mistakes are something he does often.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
PTPaQ
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#30 » by PTPaQ » Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm

The thought of him being overated based off of the Nike Hoops game is understandable, but he really did look impressive. It says a lot that he looked as comfortable and confident as he did out there, ran his entire team and never pushed or forced anything. He handled all of the traps and presses that the USA team threw at him with those athletes and looked natural doing it. I know he was about a year older, but he still seems to look beyond his years (poise wise), sort of similar to how Lillard looks on the court.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#31 » by Brapman » Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm

He didn't test out as a particularly great athlete in Chicago. In the Nike Hoop tourney don't forget he was playing on a World Team that got in a lot more practice time than the U.S. team did. When young kids like Wigging, etc. have just been put together, they are naturally slower in their reaction time, because they aren't yet a team, and don't instinctively understand their roles. Schroeder could have occurred as a bit quicker than he really is in comparison to the guys who he was playing against. If he went up against them after a couple months of practice and sorting out of their team, perhaps it wouldn't have gone so well.

Also, there's the "Darko" effect to consider: a guy giving it a super human effort for a short burst of time in an attempt to improve his draft prospects - much like a player in the NBA playing like a demon in his contract year.

I'd be way more hyped than I am for the Pistons to draft him if a) he hadn't come out of nowhere, unexpectedly, and b) he had better athletic measurements in Chicago.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#32 » by Joel Embust » Sun May 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Brapman wrote:He didn't test out as a particularly great athlete in Chicago. In the Nike Hoop tourney don't forget he was playing on a World Team that got in a lot more practice time than the U.S. team did. When young kids like Wigging, etc. have just been put together, they are naturally slower in their reaction time, because they aren't yet a team, and don't instinctively understand their roles. Schroeder could have occurred as a bit quicker than he really is in comparison to the guys who he was playing against. If he went up against them after a couple months of practice and sorting out of their team, perhaps it wouldn't have gone so well.

Wiggins played on the World Team. :lol:
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#33 » by Brapman » Sun May 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:
Brapman wrote:He didn't test out as a particularly great athlete in Chicago. In the Nike Hoop tourney don't forget he was playing on a World Team that got in a lot more practice time than the U.S. team did. When young kids like Wigging, etc. have just been put together, they are naturally slower in their reaction time, because they aren't yet a team, and don't instinctively understand their roles. Schroeder could have occurred as a bit quicker than he really is in comparison to the guys who he was playing against. If he went up against them after a couple months of practice and sorting out of their team, perhaps it wouldn't have gone so well.

Wiggins played on the World Team. :lol:

True, my mistake. But my point's the same. I'd read that the World Team had quite a bit more practice. Regardless, the U.S. team had just been thrown together.
Mr Grant Hill
Sixth Man
And1: 102

Post#34 » by Mr Grant Hill » Sun May 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Brapman wrote:True, my mistake. But my point's the same. I'd read that the World Team had quite a bit more practice. Regardless, the U.S. team had just been thrown together.

they partly doubled him full court and yet he still made some of the hottest prospects for the 2014 draft look like telephone poles. that's not about practice, that's about individual abilities.

Apollo64 wrote:One of the issues i see is that he played for Germany's U20 national team for a couple of tournaments and totally flew under the radar. Then he suddenly has an average season in German league and a good Nike Hoops Summit game and everyone is raving about how special he is. Who knows, maybe he is a late bloomer.

he played one tournament for the u20 team as a bench player, and that was after a season where he averaged about 8 minutes in the german league.
his first "real" season, where his coach trusted him to lead a professional basketball team, was the 12-13 season. and he did it well. he averaged only 3.3 assists, but assists are counted differently in europe. he'll also profit from the quicker pace and more athletic style of the nba. in europe it's all about set plays.
and of course he's a "late bloomer", insofar as he didn't become serious about basketball until he was like 15 or 16.
Wake up, girl. I wanna go surfing.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#35 » by KDBG » Mon May 27, 2013 12:03 am

Who cares if he didn't test out extremely well in the combine. Combine athletic tests are some of the most overrated forms of analysis I've ever seen. It's the same in the NFL. Everybody who watches Schroeder knows that he has BLAZING speed. He's a fantastic athlete. I don't need a stupid test to figure that out. Game speed is completely different than combine speed. Without a doubt I can say that next year, Schroeder will be one of the top 10 fastest players in the NBA.

As for the Hoop Summit, Schroeder was completely unknown to most. So even with that disadvantage, within a week he became the unofficial leader of that team. He took the reigns, and made the world team his team. That's leadership ability right there.
BO55
Junior
And1: 335

Post#36 » by BO55 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:26 am

Don't ask me why but I see a little Rondo-ish in him.
He'll be a solid player.
Madara
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#37 » by Madara » Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

I see him as as 14/7 type of player after 2-3 seasons.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#38 » by Datruth345 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:58 pm

BO55 wrote:Don't ask me why but I see a little Rondo-ish in him.
He'll be a solid player.

watched the draft express video, and at times got the same feeling. there is no real insight or basketball reasons on my end but watching him on film his movements and what not reminded me alot of rondo
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#39 » by Upperclass » Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Because he moves and even facially, resembles Rondo.. at least to me
Mr Grant Hill
Sixth Man
And1: 102

Post#40 » by Mr Grant Hill » Sat Jun 1, 2013 8:56 pm

"Dennis is a very good defensive player and I think that's one of the things he's going to get better at," said Bucks director of scouting Billy McKinney.

"He has a good all-around game."

McKinney said the team is looking seriously at backcourt players and small forwards in the draft. The Bucks have not selected a guard in the first round since grabbing Jennings at No. 10 in 2009.

McKinney said Schroeder is hardly a finished product at age 19.

"He has a tremendous chance to grow, not only as a player but in stature as well," McKinney said. "Physically he's going to get stronger as he competes with grown men now."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/di ... 64651.html

i think schröder is working out with the bucks today. maybe we can get some further news about it?
Wake up, girl. I wanna go surfing.

Return to NBA Draft