Giannis Adetokunbo

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Re: Giannis Adetokunbo 

Post#41 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:12 am

Damn nice bump, I was really high on Giannis before the draft but couldn't find this thread to prove it to my buddies. It's a shame I wasn't the Wolves GM back then because we could've had him with #13. Nice job King Ken.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,292

Post#42 » by Black Jack » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:28 am

Nope, I just don't think this kid has what it takes...too skinny. Plus what kinda hoops player has that wild of a name? 8-)
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,765

Post#43 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 am

The-Power wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I remember right before the draft he played for Greece U20 team, and he had zero point games, level that most NBA star prospects destroy. Giannis is just made for the NBA, look how average he looked in FIBA this year, if he never played in the NBA and you only knew him from Euro ball, you would call meh him honestly.

This narrative has to stop. He did not look ‘average’ and the only reason people view it like that is that he couldn't reproduce his crazy NBA MVP numbers – which probably had more to do with the team he was on than FIBA basketball per se.

14.8 pts. 8.8 rbs. Ok, he wasnt average, he was clearly above average for sure, but my point still stands, that if he wasnt in the NBA, and you just judged him from these type of performances, you wouldn't think NBA missing on anything special.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#44 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 pm

ManualRam wrote:GMs and scouts can't be so tight lipped much longer.
he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. its about time the mocks start reflecting that.

Miss you, bro.

Wherever you are.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#45 » by King Ken » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:55 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. its about time the mocks start reflecting that.

Miss you, bro.

Wherever you are.

Rumor was he was Mike Schmitz
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#46 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 pm

King Ken wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Miss you, bro.

Wherever you are.

HUH. That'd be interesting. I don't quite see it myself. Judging by Schmitz's twitter feed, their voices are very different. But I've been wrong about that sort of thing before, so who knows.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#47 » by No-Man » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:26 pm

can 100% guarantee that he wasn't
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#48 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:29 pm

King Ken wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Miss you, bro.

Wherever you are.

I'm pretty sure that was a different poster, MnWi, or something like that.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#49 » by MemphisX » Sun Nov 8, 2020 11:30 pm

This thread is interesting. Seems this board was higher on Giannis than NBA teams.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,529

Post#50 » by shotsquatch » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:15 am

MemphisX wrote:This thread is interesting. Seems this board was higher on Giannis than NBA teams.

Yeah, fun to look back. I was high on Giannis back then. I still remember seeing that blurry clip of this alien-looking kid flying around a high school gym in Greece lol. And I was super hyped that one season when Jason Kidd played him at point guard a bunch.

Even with perfect hindsight though his development has been nothing short of remarkable. Nobody could have predicted how good he'd become.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#51 » by Threezus » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:15 am

Man the hawks were so close he which has been reported many times and even in this thread by other posters was our main target and we even tried trading up to get him with no luck. What a difference that would have made on the Hawks over the last 5+ years.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#52 » by azuresou1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Threezus wrote:Man the hawks were so close he which has been reported many times and even in this thread by other posters was our main target and we even tried trading up to get him with no luck. What a difference that would have made on the Hawks over the last 5+ years.

All Danny Ferry's fault. We kept Larry Drew around for the prospect evaluation phase, then fired him late in the offseason. He signed with Milwaukee, and the rest is history.

We fire Larry Drew early into the offseason and he's not around for us trying to keep Giannis on the D/L
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#53 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 pm

I think there's a huge amount of bias in that a lot of people who were high on Giannas Adetokunbo would go to realgm draft boards and post in the thread about Giannis Adetokunbo, rather than people who were mixed or had no opinion. There's possibly some bias on internet message boards that people on internet message boards are secretly some kind of savants.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot

Return to NBA Draft