Kyle Anderson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Re: Kyle Anderson 

Post#21 » by Catchall » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Great multi-skilled college player. Not sure how his game will translate to the NBA and what position he plays. He might have some of the same issues that Evan Turner had, maybe amplified.

I don't think he plays PG at the NBA level, but he could be a facilitator out of the high post, or maybe a SG off the bench, a bit like the resurrected Shaun Livingston.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
arambone
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#22 » by arambone » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:47 pm

I think he'll be a star power forward. It just might take him a couple years to add bulk, but he already weighs as much as larry sanders or john henson. With Kevin Durant's ball handling and better passing. 20ppg, 8 rebounds, 6 assists type career with average or slightly sub-par defense. He just needs a couple years to bring his defense up to slightly sub-par or better.
arambone
Banned User

Post#23 » by arambone » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:15 pm

correction: he'll probably always be sub-par defensively at the 4, but he brings that same herky jerky skillset as pierce, melo, and durant. Against pfs, he's going to have his way with them offensively. Just put the ball in his hands in iso facing up, and give him the green light to do whatever. Worst comes to worst, he'll always be able to get his pull up jumper off, and it looks like he'll shoot at first scoring option worthy percentages.
arambone
Banned User

Post#24 » by arambone » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:30 pm

as of 2012, Anderson was only a quarter inch shorter than kevin love without shoes. If he's really grown an inch since then, that puts him at 6'8.5 without shoes compared to love's 6'7.75. And anderson has longer arms than love, and way better handles.

235-245 pounds, 6'9.5-6'10 is big enough to survive at the power forward spot, especially with that excellent wingspan and reach.
arambone
Banned User

Post#25 » by arambone » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:22 am

21 pts and 15 rebounds to beat arizona. Got to the line at will, and i think he can do that in the nba.

With those long arms and ball on a string, even gordon couldnt stop his progress. Anderson just needs to cross over, get a shoulder into the guy's body, and keep the ball wide outside while he moves forward, however slowly.

At 235 lbs, his scrawniness is way overstated. This isn't some quincy miller coming into the league at 215, or noel at 208.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#26 » by bigboi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:32 am

Kyle "Larry" Legend
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
arambone
Banned User

Post#27 » by arambone » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:40 am

slow moe larry was a curly haired legend.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#28 » by DaddyCool19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 am

I hope he lands on the Spurs. I bet he could learn a thing or two from Duncan and Ginobili before they retire.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#29 » by LloydFree » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Kaioken wrote:I hope he lands on the Spurs. I bet he could learn a thing or two from Duncan and Ginobili before they retire.

No way Kyle Anderson lasts until the Spurs pick. He is a lottery pick. There aren't 20 players that should be in the conversation with Kyle Anderson. I have him top 10 on my personal board.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#30 » by EddieJonesFan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 pm

His solid mid range jump shot is definitely convincing me he's going to be a quality NBA player. How good? I don't know, but good enough to take in the lottery and not really regret it later.
arambone
Banned User

Post#31 » by arambone » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Okay, Bosh is listed at 235 but might weigh 240. John Henson is listed at 220 but might weigh 230 tops and is a promising player.

Anderson weighs between 233-237 right now. His legs are stronger, sturdier, and heavier than you would think looking at his long string bean arms. I think Anderson could get up to 250 longterm, and at 245, he'll be plenty sturdy enough for power forward, and even sturdy enough for minutes at center ala chris bosh.

Anderson only weighs about 5 pounds less than Vonleh, who is projected as a top 8 pick and compared to bosh.

All this talk about dribbling and passing skills makes people seriously downgrade his stock, picturing him as a small forward or even shooting guard or point guard.

Same goes for marcus smart, an elite shooting guard prospect once you stop nitpicking his pg skills.

At 6'10, 245, with a 9'1 or 9'2'' reach, we're talking about a much slower but stronger and more polished Giannis, arguably the best potential from last year's draft.

Recall that Kevin Durant was still growing his freshman year, like Giannis this year and Anderson last year. Durant had better athleticism than Anderson all along, but once durant stopped growing his athleticism improved about four years in a row. Expect the same with both Giannis and Anderson.

Anderson will never have the quick feet of those two, but they will get quickers as he grows into his body and puts in the work. He'll have plenty of athleticism for pf, and eventually will have excellent athleticism for the center spot. Like a present day bosh, who is a max player.

Move Anderson into your top 10. By the combine he'll be looking like mchale in the post and weighing 240. Not bad for an elite pg shooting 48 percent from 3.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#32 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Anderson should be a Top 10 pick. He'll be fighting with Parker for ROY when it's all said and done. The "lack of athleticism" trope is bull.

They said Klay Thompson and Draymond Green lacked athleticism and couldn't defend. Meanwhile, they've become the best homegrown perimeter defenders the Warriors have had in years. I'm sick and tired of scouts dismissing guys who know how to play basketball because they lack "elite athleticism" and pumping up guys like Wiggins and Harrison Barnes who can't play worth a damn.

But then again, that's where the real value proposition is in the NBA draft. No wonder so many teams fail taking high lottery picks.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#33 » by Notanoob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

It's taken me a while, but I'm finally going to board the Anderson train.

-Excellent shooter, 48% from three and 73% from the line
-Best A/TO ratio among SFs, and 6th best overall (all of these are our of DX's Top 100 prospects)
-Best defensive rebounder per 40 pace adjusted among small forward prospect
-3rd best steals per 40 pace adjusted among SFs, generally a good indicator of NBA success
-Excellent height (6'8")/wingspan (7'2.5")/reach(9'), and those measurements offer the best indicator of future defense in the NBA at that position, particularly height and reach

So, everything here looks good. Eye test tells us he's really slow and will struggle on defense, but peripheral stuff (reach, steals, drebounding) says otherwise, indicating that there is at least hope for him on defense in the NBA. He looks like a string bean, but his weight says otherwise. IQ is off the charts.

Move him up the draft boards.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#34 » by Jazzfan12 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

EvanZ wrote:Anderson should be a Top 10 pick. He'll be fighting with Parker for ROY when it's all said and done. The "lack of athleticism" trope is bull.

They said Klay Thompson and Draymond Green lacked athleticism and couldn't defend. Meanwhile, they've become the best homegrown perimeter defenders the Warriors have had in years. I'm sick and tired of scouts dismissing guys who know how to play basketball because they lack "elite athleticism" and pumping up guys like Wiggins and Harrison Barnes who can't play worth a damn.

But then again, that's where the real value proposition is in the NBA draft. No wonder so many teams fail taking high lottery picks.

There's a lot to being really good in college, but probably the two biggest busts of the last four drafts are Evan Turner and Otto Porter who were both great, intelligent, super productive college basketball players who have no chance athletically in the NBA.

I do think Anderson is too good not to be in the top 10, but there is some potential he ends up like Evan Turner.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#35 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Jazzfan12 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Anderson should be a Top 10 pick. He'll be fighting with Parker for ROY when it's all said and done. The "lack of athleticism" trope is bull.

There's a lot to being really good in college, but probably the two biggest busts of the last four drafts are Evan Turner and Otto Porter who were both great, intelligent, super productive college basketball players who have no chance athletically in the NBA.

I do think Anderson is too good not to be in the top 10, but there is some potential he ends up like Evan Turner.

I think Anderson will be a better shooter than either Porter or Turner, both of whom have funky shooting forms.

I see the Diaw comps, but I think he'll end up being better than Diaw. Maybe, a Lamar Odom type, minus all of the issues he had off the court.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#36 » by LloydFree » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Kyle Anderson's lack of athleticism is overplayed. You go back to the Duke game, you'll see Anderson blowing by Jabari Parker at will. He moves better than Parker.

I was already on his bandwagon, but yesterday convinced me. Sean Miller put Aaron Gordon on Anderson one-on-one from the opening tip to disrupt him. By the end of the game he was getting to any spot he wanted, with no help from screens. Gordon is an NBA defender. If Kyle Anderson can dominate him, he is athletic enough.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
EvanZ
RealGM

Kyle Anderson 

Post#37 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:26 am

Kyle Anderson has a 7'2.5" wingspan and 9' standing reach and that was two years ago!

Give Evan Turner that kind of length and even he could have become a real NBA player.
Any comp to Evan Turner is silly. Anderson is more like Andre Miller in the body of a stretch 4.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#38 » by Jazzfan12 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 am

I think Anderson is going to be really good. I just disagree with the point that teams care too much about lacking athleticism most of the time.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#39 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:I think Anderson is going to be really good. I just disagree with the point that teams care too much about lacking athleticism most of the time.

Whatever the case, if Anderson drops below the lottery because of a perceived lack of athleticism it will be an all-time blunder.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#40 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:36 am

Hedo Turkgulo

Return to NBA Draft