Jordan Adams

Draft talk all year round
mg
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,261
And1: 1,932
Joined: Jun 12, 2003

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#21 » by mg » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I live in LA and Adams should definitely be a lotto pick. The kid has game just like Anderson.

It does amaze me why certain guys like Shabazz Muhammad and Lavine automatically get a pass by the scouts regardless of production. He wasn't a UCLA guy but Klay Thompson was another west coast kid that was ignored thru his college career. He was destined to be a 2nd round pick until he climbed the mocks after the combine in 2011.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,264
And1: 1,229
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:10 am

Adams with a huge first half against SFA: 12 points on 6 shots, 3 reb, 4 ast.
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
RookieJazz
Junior
Posts: 254
And1: 13
Joined: Apr 30, 2012
     

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#23 » by RookieJazz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 am

Adams is a steal waiting to happen.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#24 » by doordoor123 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:13 am

Adams scares me because I'm not sure how his play will translate to the NBA. I think Anderson will have a little better time transitioning because he could do so much, but Adams? I'm not so sure.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,264
And1: 1,229
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#25 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:38 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Adams scares me because I'm not sure how his play will translate to the NBA. I think Anderson will have a little better time transitioning because he could do so much, but Adams? I'm not so sure.



This from the guy who says Jimmer is a potential All-Star. :lol:

That was not a joke, folks. Ask him. He actually believes Jimmer can be an All-Star.
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#26 » by doordoor123 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:23 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Adams scares me because I'm not sure how his play will translate to the NBA. I think Anderson will have a little better time transitioning because he could do so much, but Adams? I'm not so sure.



This from the guy who says Jimmer is a potential All-Star. :lol:

That was not a joke, folks. Ask him. He actually believes Jimmer can be an All-Star.


Stop trolling me. Kay, thanks.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,299
And1: 5,412
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#27 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Adams scares me because I'm not sure how his play will translate to the NBA. I think Anderson will have a little better time transitioning because he could do so much, but Adams? I'm not so sure.

I disagree. Adams can play the same style in the NBA that he's been doing at UCLA. It's Anderson that's going to have to adjust his game. No team is going to use him as their PG - since his dribble is too high and he'd get his pocket picked too much - not to mention he's too slow. Anderson will likely make that adjustment, but Adams' game has a lot of facets itself, and it translates better, imo.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,596
And1: 3,526
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#28 » by Marcus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Adams scares me because I'm not sure how his play will translate to the NBA. I think Anderson will have a little better time transitioning because he could do so much, but Adams? I'm not so sure.

I disagree. Adams can play the same style in the NBA that he's been doing at UCLA. It's Anderson that's going to have to adjust his game. No team is going to use him as their PG - since his dribble is too high and he'd get his pocket picked too much - not to mention he's too slow. Anderson will likely make that adjustment, but Adams' game has a lot of facets itself, and it translates better, imo.


yeah i was watching Anderson yesterday and thinking the same thing as far as how effect he can be in the NBA when he has to play off the ball. I think its going to take the right team and system and some trust from the coach for Kyle to be as good as he can be at the next level.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
SBM
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,318
And1: 236
Joined: Nov 16, 2013
     

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#29 » by SBM » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 pm

I like his efficient play as well. He compares favorably or on course with Wesley Matthews across the board, better scorer actually. That's my comparison. He is being slept on just like Matthews was. He probably will not be a lottery pick which is good for him and his career.
Keshavarzi
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 68
Joined: Sep 12, 2012

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#30 » by Keshavarzi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

He seems to be moving up. DX has him in the first round in their latest mock
The over-moderating of this site has gotten ridiculous, if you agree, take your talents to www.reddit.com/r/nba
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#31 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:31 am

You see my concerns with Jordan Adams now?
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,294
And1: 212
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#32 » by Jazzfan12 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 am

doordoor123 wrote:You see my concerns with Jordan Adams now?


He had an off-shooting night but otherwise was very good?
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#33 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:57 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:You see my concerns with Jordan Adams now?


He had an off-shooting night but otherwise was very good?


Actually, after I said that, I found out some scouts are actually pretty high on him. My point was that he was playing against a possible NBA-type-level defense with a team full of NBA-type bodies. And I think that's why he struggled.
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,615
And1: 217
Joined: May 06, 2012

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#34 » by nickforthreee » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:11 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Jazzfan12 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:You see my concerns with Jordan Adams now?


He had an off-shooting night but otherwise was very good?


Actually, after I said that, I found out some scouts are actually pretty high on him. My point was that he was playing against a possible NBA-type-level defense with a team full of NBA-type bodies. And I think that's why he struggled.


Disagree. He got good looks, he just shot poorly tonight, seemed nervous. But hes normally a very good shooter. He also still got his steals against Florida. There was only one play where he drove to the rim and got blocked that is what you are describing, other than that his game looked just as good as it always does despite an off shooting night. Kid is definitely a first round pick.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,294
And1: 212
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#35 » by Jazzfan12 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 am

He didn't struggle other than shooting 1-5 from three instead of 2-5.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#36 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:16 am

nickforthreee wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Jazzfan12 wrote:
He had an off-shooting night but otherwise was very good?


Actually, after I said that, I found out some scouts are actually pretty high on him. My point was that he was playing against a possible NBA-type-level defense with a team full of NBA-type bodies. And I think that's why he struggled.


Disagree. He got good looks, he just shot poorly tonight, seemed nervous. But hes normally a very good shooter. He also still got his steals against Florida. There was only one play where he drove to the rim and got blocked that is what you are describing, other than that his game looked just as good as it always does despite an off shooting night. Kid is definitely a first round pick.


I'm in Los Angeles, so yes, I know what kind of player he is. I watch every UCLA game. By the way, how could you tell when someone is nervous? I think that's a lazy assessment since you haven't talked to him about it and there aren't any reports of him being nervous.

But yes, I know he's normally a good shooter. He wasn't that bad shooter tonight (was still around 40%), but it's clear the defense threw him off.

He definitely could be a first round pick, but again, I worry about his style of play fitting into the speed and athleticism in the NBA. More than Anderson.
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,615
And1: 217
Joined: May 06, 2012

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#37 » by nickforthreee » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 am

@doordoor123

he seemed nervous because on a lot of his open looks he shot the ball way too hard and a lot of them were bricks off the backboard. thats usually a sign of nerves because when you are on a big stage and dont wanna airball or anything like that you tend to shoot with more force than you need to. it was a big game he wanted to impress scouts. I disagree w the defense throwing him off, he got open consistently.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,341
And1: 1,068
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#38 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 am

nickforthreee wrote:@doordoor123

he seemed nervous because on a lot of his open looks he shot the ball way too hard and a lot of them were bricks off the backboard. thats usually a sign of nerves because when you are on a big stage and dont wanna airball or anything like that you tend to shoot with more force than you need to. it was a big game he wanted to impress scouts. I disagree w the defense throwing him off, he got open consistently.


Most of those shots he missed were off-balance. AKA defense forcing him off-balance. But I agree, there were good looks. I'm not talking about the couple bad shots at the end of the game by the way. Those were totally just because he was already out of rhythm.
User avatar
miltk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,765
And1: 748
Joined: Oct 09, 2008

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#39 » by miltk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 am

after the florida game

adams...it didnt help him move up
lavine...he moved further down
kyle...he move up. florida did all its damage when he was out of the game
User avatar
miltk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,765
And1: 748
Joined: Oct 09, 2008

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#40 » by miltk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:15 pm

adams is returning. despite his obvious skillset that former players, coaches, and peers like, the scouts still only care about athleticism.

Return to NBA Draft