jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Re: Marvin Bagley 

Post#42 » by jonjames » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like he might be in next years draft after all

Props to him. Next years draft just got more interesting.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#43 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Wow so Boston can really get Bagley?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#44 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like he might be in next years draft after all

Please please happen. First of all it makes next year's top heavy draft even deeper at the top. Plus as a Duke fan I would love this because there has been a ton of chatter between Bagley and Duke the past couple months. Duke has a ton of momentum with him right now.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#45 » by akhan786 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:32 am

Which team do you guys think he fits on best for those likely picking in the top 5 next year? Or is he a type of guy you select regardless of fit?

The Celtics would be fun if they nabbed him, but I'd like to spread out some of the young elite talent in the league.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#46 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 am

For Bagley's sake I hope he reclassifies. And that the Bulls draft him.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#47 » by akhan786 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:12 am

GimmeDat wrote:For Bagley's sake I hope he reclassifies. And that the Bulls draft him.

If Bagley wants to be featured, Chicago could be the perfect place for him. I've always felt like a newly rebuilding team's next elite draftee should play a different position than their last franchise star. This reduces significantly any comparison between the two players and allows the new draftee to chisel his own path to stardom with the franchise.

Bulls would be a perfect example of this if they get Bagley. Rose (PG) -> Butler (Wing) -> Bagley (Big)
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#48 » by Lalouie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:17 am

Usc might have figured out a way to get him reclassified. The rumor is they might bag bagley. If he commits to SC, that's why
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#49 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:37 am

akhan786 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:For Bagley's sake I hope he reclassifies. And that the Bulls draft him.

If Bagley wants to be featured, Chicago could be the perfect place for him. I've always felt like a newly rebuilding team's next elite draftee should play a different position than their last franchise star. This reduces significantly any comparison between the two players and allows the new draftee to chisel his own path to stardom with the franchise.

Bulls would be a perfect example of this if they get Bagley. Rose (PG) -> Butler (Wing) -> Bagley (Big)

That's a good point, though obviously we'll take any prospect of Bagley's caliber.

Makes me more annoyed with the Markkanen pick, though, considering DSJ was on the board. I rated him a lot more highly as a prospect in general, but the fact our tank this year is overwhelmingly likely to result in a big man, whether it be Bagley, Ayton, Bamba or otherwise, it doesn't make a tonne of sense from a team building standpoint, either.

I'm not sure if Markkanen's a 4 or 5 yet, but whatever he is, he doesn't fit perfectly with any archetype of big. If Dunn doesn't turn things around and play like a starting PG, we've made a big mistake, imo.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#50 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 am

If he does reclassify to 2017 does he automatically leapfrog Porter as the number one prospect, or it will it still be up for debate?
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#51 » by Baller1234a » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:04 am

If the Celtics get him....
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#52 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:44 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:If he does reclassify to 2017 does he automatically leapfrog Porter as the number one prospect, or it will it still be up for debate?

He becomes the consensus #1 player without a doubt. Hes the best prospect since AD.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#53 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 am

Will he play Center in the NBA?
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#54 » by thamadkant » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:43 am

He is a SF/PF hybrid like Porter...

Porter and Bagley have similar physicalities and position in the NBA.

This is good if Bagley joins the draft. Suns can slot outside the top 3 and get Ayton!
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#55 » by The-Power » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 am

1UPZ wrote:He is a SF/PF hybrid like Porter...

They are built completely differently and by Bagley is by no means going to be a SF. He's a PF/C hybrid who plays primarily inside and has the physicality to do it consistently.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#56 » by thamadkant » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:19 am

The-Power wrote:

They are built completely differently and by Bagley is by no means going to be a SF. He's a PF/C hybrid who plays primarily inside and has the physicality to do it consistently.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. But Bagley is too mobile and too good of a dribbler to be wasted at Center. Besides positionless is the trend.

My comparison with Bagley and Porter is that both do not have elite wingspan and have narrow shoulders and pretty lean so I made that comparison that in the NBA they will be used as front faced tall forwards who can put the ball on the floor and attack.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#57 » by bulliedog8 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:34 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
akhan786 wrote:

That's a good point, though obviously we'll take any prospect of Bagley's caliber.

Makes me more annoyed with the Markkanen pick, though, considering DSJ was on the board. I rated him a lot more highly as a prospect in general, but the fact our tank this year is overwhelmingly likely to result in a big man, whether it be Bagley, Ayton, Bamba or otherwise, it doesn't make a tonne of sense from a team building standpoint, either.

I'm not sure if Markkanen's a 4 or 5 yet, but whatever he is, he doesn't fit perfectly with any archetype of big. If Dunn doesn't turn things around and play like a starting PG, we've made a big mistake, imo.

Dont worry, the bulls will get the #1 pick and draft Miles Bridges there instead of a Begley, Bamba, Ayton, Porter, etc.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#58 » by Lalouie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm

The-Power wrote:

If bagley is a Davis - type and porter is a Durant - type, I'll take porter because that's where the NBA is going
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#59 » by Lalouie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:35 pm

1UPZ wrote:
The-Power wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. But Bagley is too mobile and too good of a dribbler to be wasted at Center. Besides positionless is the trend.

My comparison with Bagley and Porter is that both do not have elite wingspan and have narrow shoulders and pretty lean so I made that comparison that in the NBA they will be used as front faced tall forwards who can put the ball on the floor and attack.

If the game is becoming more positionless, go with the shooter
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#60 » by Jkam31 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Lalouie wrote:
The-Power wrote:

If bagley is a Davis - type and porter is a Durant - type, I'll take porter because that's where the NBA is going

You're out of your mind bro

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to NBA Draft