Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Re: Justise Winslow 

Post#141 » by JDR720 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:40 pm

Winslow is definitely the better finisher but I cant say he is a better shooter than Stan, just look at their shot sharts.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUQCSMGQJU[/youtube]
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#142 » by sweetcity » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:15 am

JDR720 wrote:Winslow is definitely the better finisher but I cant say he is a better shooter than Stan, just look at their shot sharts.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUQCSMGQJU[/youtube]

This is a great post, thanks for sharing these!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#143 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:39 am

Anyone here think Winslow can play 2 guard? Does he have the quickness and agility?
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#144 » by Upperclass » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:46 am

Next Gerald Wallace. I think he can play two or 3, but he's a 3.. Not a good enough shooter or ball handler. Very good in finishing at the rim though
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#145 » by need4detroit » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:02 am

Cammo101 wrote:
Ettorefm wrote:MKG 2.0, without the (totally) broken jumper

I think Winslow has significantly better upside than MKG because he is a better athlete and much more skilled offensively. Nut, he's more raw and up and down than MKG was as a freshman, so you assume some more risk with Winslow than you did with MKG.

I'm not quite sure if Winslow is a better athlete. But with that said I do agree Winslow has higher upside offensively.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
WeNeverLeftAZ
Junior
And1: 398

Post#146 » by WeNeverLeftAZ » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 am

Stan may not even come out. God I hope he stays lol.
I made sure to say 'Bear Down Arizona!' at the end of our broadcast. That was for Wildcat Nation. -NBC Anchor Brian Williams
WeNeverLeftAZ
Junior
And1: 398

Post#147 » by WeNeverLeftAZ » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:22 am

EMG518 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Winslow is a better role player offensively, better shooter, way better finisher, better off theball and more importantly, smarter, works hard to get opportunistic points, Stanley is not going to be a 1st option with the ball in his hands, and quite frankly, due to athleticism, better handling, better p&r play, and better shooting, Stan might have fooled some people but his form and arc are bad, that shot is not going to get it done, Winslow has the higher ceiling both defensively and offensively.
Johnson has no case whatsoever, at all.

Lol, alright.

He hates Stan. Don't fret.
I made sure to say 'Bear Down Arizona!' at the end of our broadcast. That was for Wildcat Nation. -NBC Anchor Brian Williams
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#148 » by richboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:06 am

A freshman finished product? One that was improving during the year mind you. That is crazy to me. Will he be as good as Kawhi. I don't know since Leonard has been looking like Scottie Pippen lately. I see nothing wrong with his shot that will not allow him to develop NBA 3 point range. If his floor is Kawhi last year he a strong top 5 pick in the draft.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#149 » by nybluemeadow » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:40 am

Is Justise Winslow already a bust?

He was way over hyped after having a bad freshmen season, but having a good showing in the tournament, like Shabazz Napier. Casual fans said he was the 2nd best prospect in his draft class.
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Post#150 » by Wagonband » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:48 pm

nybluemeadow wrote:Is Justise Winslow already a bust?

He was way over hyped after having a bad freshmen season, but having a good showing in the tournament, like Shabazz Napier. Casual fans said he was the 2nd best prospect in his draft class.

I've talked about this on the Heat forum, but yeah, imo he is clearly a bust. I just don't think he is an NBA player honestly. There is not one skill in which he excells, and it would be improper to call him a jack of all trades since he is below avarage in almost any basketball skill i can think of.

If he can somehow figure out how to become a solid shooter i think he can stay in the league and be a decent reserve, but without a shot he just won't be able to make it.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#151 » by Marcus » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:01 pm

Wagonband wrote:

I've talked about this on the Heat forum, but yeah, imo he is clearly a bust. I just don't think he is an NBA player honestly. There is not one skill in which he excells, and it would be improper to call him a jack of all trades since he is below avarage in almost any basketball skill i can think of.

If he can somehow figure out how to become a solid shooter i think he can stay in the league and be a decent reserve, but without a shot he just won't be able to make it.

has his defense not been good?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#152 » by mattg » Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:25 am

My impression was solid defender who shows promise as a playmaker, but he is young and had an injury. Give him some time to come back.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#153 » by jonjames » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:42 am

Why were ppl so high on this guy? He looked like solid starter good role player at next level.
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Post#154 » by Wagonband » Tue Nov 7, 2017 10:53 am

Marcus wrote:
Wagonband wrote:

It's avarage. He has some good posessions but also some bad ones with making really stupid fouls or being out of position often.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#155 » by Illmatic12 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:17 pm

jonjames wrote:

Why were ppl so high on this guy? He looked like solid starter good role player at next level.

He was supposed to be a high-level defender (which he is imo) , and had the possibility of developing an offensive game.

Winslow's offense hasn't come around yet but he can be a good defensive role player in the league
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#156 » by reanimator » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:50 pm

People liked his blend of defense/playmaking and were optimistic his offense would come in time hence the Iggy comps.

Either way, he is a good glue guy.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#157 » by Marcus » Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:14 pm

Wagonband wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Wagonband wrote:

It's avarage. He has some good posessions but also some bad ones with making really stupid fouls or being out of position often.

I don't get to watch a ton of Heat basketball, i always thought that was supposed to be his saving grace. If nothing else he could do that.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to NBA Draft