IU Hoosier: Troy Williams

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

IU Hoosier: Troy Williams 

Post#1 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 5, 2015 9:54 pm

Crean has said Troy reminds him of Dipo when he arrived... similar athleticism.

He is 6'7 and long. Averaging 13 and 6 and can get to the cup. A bit awkward at times and out of control. Has a high motor and plays really good D.

Everyone's thoughts on his upside and future? IMO he needs 4 years of school to really develop.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: IU Hoosier: Troy Williams 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Mon Jan 5, 2015 10:54 pm

I love his game, he reminds me a lot of Josh Howard.

He needs to improve his jumper a lot and is a little bit erratic at times making decision, but the guy got major athleticism.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#3 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 5, 2015 11:46 pm

Fischella wrote:I love his game, he reminds me a lot of Josh Howard.

He needs to improve his jumper a lot and is a little bit erratic at times making decision, but the guy got major athleticism.

His handle is odd... looks very shaky but then he crosses someone over for a dunk. Love the Howard comparison. If he has a work ethic like Dipo then he will be playing in the league. I think he could become a really good defender.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Tue Jan 6, 2015 8:17 am

he's ok i guess. not too crazy about him. he's athletic for sure, but i don't know what separates him from other thin 6'7 athletic wings with below average ball skills, bball iq and jumper with little range?
personally i think he benefits a lot from playing the 4 for indiana where he can use his superior athleticism to beat opposing college bigs down the floor, turn the corner or take baseline against them.

maybe he can make it as an energy guy, possible plus defender. seems like players in his mold are all over the place and its difficult to differentiate b/t them.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft