Beejay Anya

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,264
And1: 1,229
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Beejay Anya 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Wingspan and skilled on both ends of the court. He's one of those "weight issue" guys but could be a steal. From what I've read he's apparently committed to getting his weight down and has already lost 60 lbs from his peak weight.

Guys like this don't come around very often. He's a lottery pick easily if in better shape (say 260 lbs) but even at 290 lbs, he's a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.


Am I crazy?

Do you all know who I'm talking about?
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
User avatar
ManualRam
RealGM
Posts: 23,361
And1: 2,742
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
     

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 pm

hes not skilled on both ends of the floor. if he makes it he's just a big body and fouls.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,482
And1: 2,972
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#3 » by Fischella » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Kennedy Meeks is skilled, Anya is just a bruiser.
I guess you are watching NC St. vs Duke and him playing alright vs. Okafor.
User avatar
3pt threat
Banned User
Posts: 73
And1: 11
Joined: Jan 10, 2015

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#4 » by 3pt threat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:42 pm

BBD with Ed Davis defense. 15-20min role player is his absolute ceiling imo.

Every year there's a raw scrub like this (Jeremy Tyler, Daniel Orton, Sim Buhlar ) etc. and 9 out of 10 of them end up overseas in 2 years. At least Anya can play some defense, but then again he's just 6.9 not sure how's that gonna work out in the next level.
KyletheDingbat wrote:The girl in your avatar is a perfect female human specimen.
User avatar
Zombiesonics
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,413
And1: 2,741
Joined: Mar 27, 2011

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#5 » by Zombiesonics » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Okafor kind of reminds me of Love without range. just the way he runs the floor and his level of athleticism. probably a bit more polished on the block, less of a rebounder
User avatar
ManualRam
RealGM
Posts: 23,361
And1: 2,742
Joined: Jun 25, 2004
     

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#6 » by ManualRam » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:53 pm

bbd? ed davis? he's like neither. bbd is a jump shooter with weak length. davis is agile enough to defend mobile 4s and in space.
he's more like a shorter, lesser version of cole aldrich.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,482
And1: 2,972
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#7 » by Fischella » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Duke wings are playing dumb today, Okafor is not playing great, but no one is hitting buckets from outside, they need that to open the zone.
User avatar
3pt threat
Banned User
Posts: 73
And1: 11
Joined: Jan 10, 2015

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#8 » by 3pt threat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:58 pm

ManualRam wrote:bbd? ed davis? he's like neither. bbd is a jump shooter with weak length. davis is agile enough to defend mobile 4s and in space.
he's more like a shorter, lesser version of cole aldrich.

Yeah this is a much better comparison.
KyletheDingbat wrote:The girl in your avatar is a perfect female human specimen.
User avatar
Zombiesonics
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,413
And1: 2,741
Joined: Mar 27, 2011

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#9 » by Zombiesonics » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 pm

low key nc state is loaded with top 50 prospects, their coach is an idiot and terrible at player development. transfer state
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,264
And1: 1,229
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#10 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

3pt threat wrote:BBD with Ed Davis defense. 15-20min role player is his absolute ceiling imo.

Every year there's a raw scrub like this (Jeremy Tyler, Daniel Orton, Sim Buhlar ) etc. and 9 out of 10 of them end up overseas in 2 years. At least Anya can play some defense, but then again he's just 6.9 not sure how's that gonna work out in the next level.


He's just 6'9" with a 7'9" wingspan.

But yeah. Okay.
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,482
And1: 2,972
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#11 » by Fischella » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Anya is not going to declare anytime soon, so... he is still a sophmore and he should stay 4 years.
User avatar
3pt threat
Banned User
Posts: 73
And1: 11
Joined: Jan 10, 2015

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#12 » by 3pt threat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:32 pm

EvanZ wrote:
3pt threat wrote:BBD with Ed Davis defense. 15-20min role player is his absolute ceiling imo.

Every year there's a raw scrub like this (Jeremy Tyler, Daniel Orton, Sim Buhlar ) etc. and 9 out of 10 of them end up overseas in 2 years. At least Anya can play some defense, but then again he's just 6.9 not sure how's that gonna work out in the next level.


He's just 6'9" with a 7'9" wingspan.

But yeah. Okay.

Weight, height and skills doesn't matter, only wingspan.
KyletheDingbat wrote:The girl in your avatar is a perfect female human specimen.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,482
And1: 2,972
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#13 » by Fischella » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Duke is playing beyond dumb, they are terrible today at the 3, and they keep going at it with enough time to pass it to Okafor and make it a game.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,264
And1: 1,229
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#14 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:40 pm

3pt threat wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
3pt threat wrote:BBD with Ed Davis defense. 15-20min role player is his absolute ceiling imo.

Every year there's a raw scrub like this (Jeremy Tyler, Daniel Orton, Sim Buhlar ) etc. and 9 out of 10 of them end up overseas in 2 years. At least Anya can play some defense, but then again he's just 6.9 not sure how's that gonna work out in the next level.


He's just 6'9" with a 7'9" wingspan.

But yeah. Okay.

Weight, height and skills doesn't matter, only wingspan.




k
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
Posts: 4,908
And1: 850
Joined: Jun 22, 2014

Re: Beejay Anya 

Post#15 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 am

dude is slow, terrible rebounder, really scrubby in every other area except blocking shots. but i'd take a flyer on him in the 2nd round

Return to NBA Draft