Page 1 of 13

Kris Dunn

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm
by reanimator
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pyH-XEYXc[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHBlSdVpnHc[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0VIugsZGa4[/youtube]

I'm extremely bullish, so I have him #11 and rising. I'm thinking an even longer, taller Dennis Schröder.

Thoughts?

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:37 am
by grubs10
I havent actually gotten to see him play this year but I remember thinking he was underrated coming out of high school and liking him as a prospect.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 am
by Fischella
He looks a little bit like Wade, but he is a PG, a little bit like Wall in some things too, or a bigger Rondo?
I like him a lot, concerns with his shooting, but he produces, I have him somewhere in the top15.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm
by reanimator
Heating up against St Johns

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 5:12 pm
by reanimator
For comparison sake

Kris Dunn 14/15: 2 pt jumpers: 45.9%, 3 pt jumpers: 32.6%, 42.9% %assisted 3s

Elfrid Payton 13/14: 2 pt jumpers: 24.3%, 3 pt jumpers: 25.9%, 35.7% %assisted 3s

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 5:40 pm
by Marcus
so he's looking like this year's Elf in terms of coming out of nowhere and hitting that NBA radar?

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:19 pm
by Fischella
Marcus wrote:so he's looking like this year's Elf in terms of coming out of nowhere and hitting that NBA radar?

Dunn was a top25 recruit back in the day, and injuries have been the big thing that have made him fly under the radar.
Payton started getting recognition when he played for USAB in the Worldcup, back in 2013 summer.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:23 pm
by Marcus
Fischella wrote:
Marcus wrote:so he's looking like this year's Elf in terms of coming out of nowhere and hitting that NBA radar?

Dunn was a top25 recruit back in the day, and injuries have been the big thing that have made him fly under the radar.
Payton started getting recognition when he played for USAB in the Worldcup, back in 2013 summer.


right. im asking if he's the equivilant as far as a PG many might not have had on the radar coming in that could shoot up the boards? how high do you see him going?

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:27 pm
by Fischella
The thing is that I believe Payton was in the radar after the Worldcup, at least as 1st, maybe not as a lottopick, so it was not that big of a surprise.
I thought was more of a long term prospect since his injuries limited him so much in the past, but he always had the pedigree from HS.
So I dont know if the cases are that comparable.
Having said that, I think Dunn can be a late lotto pick and definetely a 1st, he is still hidden to the massmedia, but the coaches have been talking about him long enough, if he feels like jumping, and he might since Henton is a Senior and he had so many injuries before..., he should be around there.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:30 pm
by Marcus
Fischella wrote:The thing is that I believe Payton was in the radar after the Worldcup, at least as 1st, maybe not as a lottopick, so it was not that big of a surprise.
I thought was more of a long term prospect since his injuries limited him so much in the past, but he always had the pedigree from HS.
So I dont know if the cases are that comparable.
Having said that, I think Dunn can be a late lotto pick and definetely a 1st, he is still hidden to the massmedia, but the coaches have been talking about him long enough, if he feels like jumping, and he might since Henton is a Senior and he had so many injuries before..., he should be around there.


that makes sense. i hadn't really heard about either until the draft buzz came about so i thought i'd ask to see how similar or dissimilar their buzzes are.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:46 pm
by yosemiteben
Tough to know what to make of this kid. Really high TOs, poor outside shooting and he's playing against poor competition, but he's got great rebound and assist numbers and he's averaging almost 3 steals per game.

Intriguing prospect. Pretty good size and he seems to have solid athleticism.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:27 pm
by reanimator
yosemiteben wrote:Tough to know what to make of this kid. Really high TOs, poor outside shooting and he's playing against poor competition, but he's got great rebound and assist numbers and he's averaging almost 3 steals per game.

Intriguing prospect. Pretty good size and he seems to have solid athleticism.


The Big East definitely is not "weak competition." That much was proved during non-conference play.

Not a great outside shooter but definitely not poor. More hot and cold with promise to improve.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 pm
by reanimator
DX has him at 19 now. Only a matter of time.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:02 pm
by EMG518
reanimator wrote:DX has him at 19 now. Only a matter of time.


He will crack the lottery. I saw him play the other day against Villanova and came away extremely impressed. He belongs in the top half of the lottery in my opinion.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 pm
by Fischella
top20 sounds about right, I guess he could climb till late lotto.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:31 pm
by reanimator
EMG518 wrote:
reanimator wrote:DX has him at 19 now. Only a matter of time.


He will crack the lottery. I saw him play the other day against Villanova and came away extremely impressed. He belongs in the top half of the lottery in my opinion.


Agreed.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 am
by jman3134
I have been saying he is a lottery pick all year. About time he got the recognition. Dunn has tremendous hands, good floor awareness, and athleticism attacking the basket. He has a chance to be special in the passing lanes at the next level and has the IQ to run a team. I can envision him in a pick and roll offense. Also, like how he plays out in transition.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:21 pm
by Ziggs
poor man's John Wall

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:48 am
by Amish Mafioso
Stick a fork in him.

Re: Kris Dunn

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:40 pm
by doordoor123
I watched him twice and was impressed both times. Great first step, very quick and great around the rim. My only question is how good he will be defending at the next level. If you can't shoot as a PG, you at least have to be able to defend. Otherwise, he's riding the bench his first year in the NBA.

I don't like the Schroeder comparison because I don't think he has the vision Schroeder has, but he might be better at finishing. I like a poor man's John Wall.