Myles Turner

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Myles Turner 

Post#141 » by No-Man » Mon Jun 8, 2015 9:28 pm

The Hornets will be fools if they re-sign Jefferson after 2016.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#142 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 11:07 pm

Fischella wrote:The Hornets will be fools if they re-sign Jefferson after 2016.

Enlighten me.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#143 » by doordoor123 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:35 am

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,700

Post#144 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:41 pm

doordoor123 wrote:Just proving my point: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13074 ... n-contract

I don't think anyone thought he would opt out of the final year of his contract (something Charlotte had zero control over). The question is whether or not Jefferson is in Charlotte's plans for the future (will he re-sign to a new deal next offseason)
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Tell me he doesn't already look more mobile:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGeP0L6-CY[/youtube]
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,006

Post#146 » by JDR720 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:11 pm

greg4012 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Just proving my point: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13074 ... n-contract

I don't think anyone thought he would opt out of the final year of his contract (something Charlotte had zero control over). The question is whether or not Jefferson is in Charlotte's plans for the future (will he re-sign to a new deal next offseason)

we tried to trade for Brook Lopez last season, so i doubt we resign Al. he isn't a good fit with the young guys either.

now that i think about it, i believe he was a Rod Higgins signing. we have spent this offseason getting rid of his leftover front office people.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by doordoor123 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:16 pm

greg4012 wrote:Tell me he doesn't already look more mobile:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGeP0L6-CY[/youtube]

Wow, he looks like a different player. He looks like a top 5 pick, but will likely get picked 5-10. I haven't seen his lateral movement to see if its gotten better, but if he can run like that, I could see him adjusting to a power forward role.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:37 pm

JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

we tried to trade for Brook Lopez last season, so i doubt we resign Al. he isn't a good fit with the young guys either.

now that i think about it, i believe he was a Rod Higgins signing. we have spent this offseason getting rid of his leftover front office people.

Yea, as an outside observer that was my impression. There's some nice young talent on your squad, Al Jeff is great, but he needs to be in the right fit to make it work. Seems like your squad might be best served as shifting the focus away from playing to complement him and towards complementing the younger talent on your team (maybe faster paced, transition-oriented, etc.)

Thoughts on your draft targets?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,006

Post#149 » by JDR720 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm

greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Yea, as an outside observer that was my impression. There's some nice young talent on your squad, Al Jeff is great, but he needs to be in the right fit to make it work. Seems like your squad might be best served as shifting the focus away from playing to complement him and towards complementing the younger talent on your team (maybe faster paced, transition-oriented, etc.)

so far we have worked out mostly wing players. Oubre in a solo workout, Booker,Dekker,RJ Hunter and Jerian Grant being the big name guys. we have a workout with Kevon Looney tomorrow and we have Myles and Stan Johnson coming to workout but we dont know the dates. we were rumored to really like Cameron Payne but so far there is no word on a workout with him. no idea who the favorite is yet.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#150 » by greg4012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:56 pm

JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:we tried to trade for Brook Lopez last season, so i doubt we resign Al. he isn't a good fit with the young guys either.

so far we have worked out mostly wing players. Oubre in a solo workout, Booker,Dekker,RJ Hunter and Jerian Grant being the big name guys. we have a workout with Kevon Looney tomorrow and we have Myles and Stan Johnson coming to workout but we dont know the dates. we were rumored to really like Cameron Payne but so far there is no word on a workout with him. no idea who the favorite is yet.

I'm weirdly intrigued by the idea of you guys drafting Turner and seeing what 2 versatile 7 footers with shooting range and rim protection could look like in a few years (Vonleh, obviously being the other)
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#151 » by MalonesElbows » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:59 pm

JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:we tried to trade for Brook Lopez last season, so i doubt we resign Al. he isn't a good fit with the young guys either.

Oubre would be a risk with MKG. If Oubre can't stretch the floor at +36% from 3 your offense would be hideous.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Re: 

Post#152 » by seeingstars » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:15 pm

cedric76 wrote:Like a Ralf lafrentz

Ah good old Ralf
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#153 » by Winglish » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 am

greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

I'm weirdly intrigued by the idea of you guys drafting Turner and seeing what 2 versatile 7 footers with shooting range and rim protection could look like in a few years (Vonleh, obviously being the other)

That's Nelly-esque thinking. It's outside the box just enough to work.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:34 am

greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Vonleh is 6'9 and can barley be called 6'10
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by greg4012 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:38 am

doordoor123 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:so far we have worked out mostly wing players. Oubre in a solo workout, Booker,Dekker,RJ Hunter and Jerian Grant being the big name guys. we have a workout with Kevon Looney tomorrow and we have Myles and Stan Johnson coming to workout but we dont know the dates. we were rumored to really like Cameron Payne but so far there is no word on a workout with him. no idea who the favorite is yet.

Thank you semanticon. It's moreso an expression. I'd say being 6'10 with a 7'4.25 wingspan gives him some nice versatility
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 am

greg4012 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Thank you semanticon. It's moreso an expression. I'd say being 6'10 with a 7'4.25 wingspan gives him some nice versatility

I agree, I'm just being nit picky.

Return to NBA Draft