Jaylen Brown

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Re: JAYLEN BROWN THREAD 

Post#21 » by ItsThatEasy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I like the Jason Richardson comparison I've seen floating around. J-Rich is one of those "I can't believe he never made an All-Star Team" guys.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#22 » by mattg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 pm

He's going to play best as a PF in college IMO which might cause people to underrate his potential on the perimeter in the nba. He'll benefit massively from the larger court and less compact defenses.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#23 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:26 am

He is a beast, and from hearing him speak he sounds extremely articulate for his age. He has the intelligence and maturity of a top 3 guy.

Would still take Simmons number 1 though.
splendidham
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#24 » by splendidham » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Cal's game will be live streamed tomorrow for anyone who is interested. Although their opponents finished dead last last year, should be a competitive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#25 » by kf96 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm

splendidham wrote:Cal's game will be live streamed tomorrow for anyone who is interested. Although their opponents finished dead last last year, should be a competitive game.

At what time is it?
splendidham
Sophomore

Post#26 » by splendidham » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Sorry, I don't know what time you've got there but the game starts in 14 hours.
Can watch at the Hawks official site. Should be able to watch on Cal's site too.
http://www.hawks.com.au/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kf96
Junior

Post#27 » by kf96 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 pm

splendidham wrote:Sorry, I don't know what time you've got there but the game starts in 14 hours.
Can watch at the Hawks official site. Should be able to watch on Cal's site too.
http://www.hawks.com.au/

What time zone is yours?
splendidham
Sophomore

Post#28 » by splendidham » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm in Japan. One hour behind Sydney time. Game starts at 6pm Sydney time

kf96
Junior

Post#29 » by kf96 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Ok thank you
splendidham
Sophomore

Post#30 » by splendidham » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:37 am

Reply will remain up on YouTube in case you missed it.

kf96
Junior

Post#31 » by kf96 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am

]
splendidham wrote:Reply will remain up on YouTube in case you missed it.

Do you have box score?
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#32 » by immortalone23 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:19 am

In 15 minutes of action, Brown had 14 points, one rebound, and two assists to go along with four fouls.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by immortalone23 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:03 am

Tonight, Brown had 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists, and two steals. I wonder how he'll do against Malik Pope on Thursday. What do you guys think of him so far?
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#34 » by OleSchool » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 pm

immortalone23 wrote:Tonight, Brown had 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists, and two steals. I wonder how he'll do against Malik Pope on Thursday. What do you guys think of him so far?

Ive been trying to catch a Cal game but living on the east coast its tough. Is Cal on national tv thur?
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
DubCeeSwag
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#35 » by DubCeeSwag » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 pm

immortalone23 wrote:Tonight, Brown had 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists, and two steals. I wonder how he'll do against Malik Pope on Thursday. What do you guys think of him so far?

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Jaylen Brown is one of the most talented athletes ever to wear our blue and gold. Just a freshman, but already he looks the part. And, unlike many with his physical skills and abilities, he is extremely intelligent -- which is why I am confident that, as good as he already is, we are going to see him blossom and mature into an incredible player by the end of this year.

Brown's biggest problem right now is that he plays too much as an individual -- a forgivable flaw considering his amazing talent. When you are as good as he is, why wouldn't your instinct be to take the ball to the rim every time you touch it? But once Brown learns to play within the offense, to rely less on isolation, less on trying to cut through defenses, less on taking on four guys at once and taking them all to the rim, and more on using his teammates, drawing double teams and kicking to the open man, working with his bigs, he will create more open shots, keep defenses from keying in and collapsing on him, and when that happens, he will truly be special. Brown will figure this out. I'm certain of it. And in the meantime, we can settle for lines like 17 points and 7 boards, 6/10 from the field in only 21 minutes. I think I can live with that for now...
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Re: RE: Re: JAYLEN BROWN THREAD 

Post#36 » by immortalone23 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:41 am

OleSchool wrote:

Ive been trying to catch a Cal game but living on the east coast its tough. Is Cal on national tv thur?

I don't think so, they'll be on Fox Sports 1. I usually stream games, maybe first row or check the college basketball subreddit to find a stream.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by immortalone23 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 am

DubCeeSwag wrote:

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Jaylen Brown is one of the most talented athletes ever to wear our blue and gold. Just a freshman, but already he looks the part. And, unlike many with his physical skills and abilities, he is extremely intelligent -- which is why I am confident that, as good as he already is, we are going to see him blossom and mature into an incredible player by the end of this year.

Brown's biggest problem right now is that he plays too much as an individual -- a forgivable flaw considering his amazing talent. When you are as good as he is, why wouldn't your instinct be to take the ball to the rim every time you touch it? But once Brown learns to play within the offense, to rely less on isolation, less on trying to cut through defenses, less on taking on four guys at once and taking them all to the rim, and more on using his teammates, drawing double teams and kicking to the open man, working with his bigs, he will create more open shots, keep defenses from keying in and collapsing on him, and when that happens, he will truly be special. Brown will figure this out. I'm certain of it. And in the meantime, we can settle for lines like 17 points and 7 boards, 6/10 from the field in only 21 minutes. I think I can live with that for now...

I agree, the decision making will improve as he learns to play with his team. Throughout AAU and HS, it was basically all him. How do you think he'll fare again Pope? Pope is long and athletic and projects to be a good defender.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#38 » by Dcebucks11 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:51 am

I really like his size, just wonder if he'll have enough shooting to be a star at the next level.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#39 » by doordoor123 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:08 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:I really like his size, just wonder if he'll have enough shooting to be a star at the next level.

That's what also kept Jimmy Butler down.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by immortalone23 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:39 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:I really like his size, just wonder if he'll have enough shooting to be a star at the next level.

That's what also kept Jimmy Butler down.

How good do you see him becoming? I remember seeing an article that said he could've went lotto back in 2014, even higher than Aaron Gordon.

Return to NBA Draft