Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Re: Draft 2016 - Furkan Korkmaz '97 

Post#41 » by freestyler34 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:32 pm

reanimator wrote:
Fischella wrote:Hield and Valentine are 4 years older, smaller, less athletic, similar shooters and skill level players, they are more mature phyiscally but their ceiling is lower, Luwawu I get, LeVert if he didnt have so many problems with his health, to a degree too.

I think there is a skills and physicality difference between Valentine and Korkmaz. Hield has a better frame, should be good on D, don't see it with Korkmaz, similar athletes IMO. Valentine and Hield are probably longer, too.

So being thin and fast means u are bad at defense in the NBA ? :roll: , Korkmaz has better potential than all of the scrubs you mentioned, at least try to watch him live 1 or 2 times before commenting
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,120

Post#42 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:47 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Fischella wrote:Hield and Valentine are 4 years older, smaller, less athletic, similar shooters and skill level players, they are more mature phyiscally but their ceiling is lower, Luwawu I get, LeVert if he didnt have so many problems with his health, to a degree too.

I think there is a skills and physicality difference between Valentine and Korkmaz. Hield has a better frame, should be good on D, don't see it with Korkmaz, similar athletes IMO. Valentine and Hield are probably longer, too.

So being thin and fast means u are bad at defense in the NBA ? :roll: , Korkmaz has better potential than all of the scrubs you mentioned, at least try to watch him live 1 or 2 times before commenting

Its hard to do that, because he warms EFES bench all the time. Just saying.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#43 » by reanimator » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:50 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Korkmaz isn't fast.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#44 » by freestyler34 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

reanimator wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Korkmaz isn't fast.

Yea hes slow and not atletic as we can see, they should draft some unheard scrub instead of him bcuz hes not that high on ur board :lol: wonder how many times u watch him play youtube scouts are really funny :lol:
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#45 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Does Korkmaz have a similar game to an athletic Kevin Martin?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,408

Post#46 » by MalonesElbows » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:Does Korkmaz have a similar game to an athletic Kevin Martin?

Not quite as fast, but has some of the craftiness a prime KM had.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,897

Post#47 » by HotelVitale » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:23 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:Does Korkmaz have a similar game to an athletic Kevin Martin?

Not quite as fast, but has some of the craftiness a prime KM had.

Kevin Martin is probably his reasonable best case scenario, given his mix of 3pt shooting and length/athleticism. But he'd have a long ways to go to get there--prime K Mart averaged over 10 FTs per game and shot 42% from 3. Was great at quick release shots and also constantly moving/shifting on offense. Furkan's got the basic size/skills to do that thought.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,288

Post#48 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:24 am

The key with Korkmaz is that he can really shoot the ball. He has a very confident and quick release that looks good from 3-pt range and mid-range. He looks like he could still be growing. So you're looking at a 6'8" fairly athletic player who can really shoot and can make some plays off the dribble--basically a taller, longer, faster Marco Bellineli or a more versatile Evan Fournier.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,722

Post#49 » by Yallbecrazy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 pm

In a weak draft that is void of top prospects having a long athletic guy that can shoot seems like a dream. Should probably go top 7. All his weaknesses are improvable for a young guy, D, dribbling,etc.

Oh and it's not just that he can shoot, but he has the potential to be an elite shooter in the NBA. I wouldn't blame a team for picking him #3, not that I would pick him there, but I can see the potential.
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#50 » by Apollo64 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:45 pm

The KMart comparison is not bad.

Biggest knock on him is that he's not that good of a ballhandler. He's very aggressive, but he has a lot of work to do if he wants to become a good one-on-one scorer in the NBA.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#51 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:14 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:How about his buyout situation? Can he come over after the draft or would the team who drafts him have to wait for him 1-2 years?

Not sure about a buyout clause but there are some that think he needs just one more year in Euroleague (but I'd love him now with Denver's #15 or #19)
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,828

Post#52 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Apollo64 wrote:The KMart comparison is not bad.

Biggest knock on him is that he's not that good of a ballhandler. He's very aggressive, but he has a lot of work to do if he wants to become a good one-on-one scorer in the NBA.

That's my biggest worry about him- will he have enough handles to take advantage of his height and mobility to create? If so, will he be effective with contact?

He may not be a great defender in the NBA, so a nice all-around offensive game would really help.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,722

Post#53 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Ball handling is the easiest aspect of a game to improve as all it takes is a lot of work
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,489

Post#54 » by Mirotic12 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:In a weak draft that is void of top prospects having a long athletic guy that can shoot seems like a dream. Should probably go top 7. All his weaknesses are improvable for a young guy, D, dribbling,etc.

Oh and it's not just that he can shoot, but he has the potential to be an elite shooter in the NBA. I wouldn't blame a team for picking him #3, not that I would pick him there, but I can see the potential.

Except his lateral quickness on defense. He's not going to get any faster at that ever. At his age, he's pretty much the fastest he's ever going to be at that. And it is still an issue.

Return to NBA Draft