Any chance Ingram goes #1 before Simmons?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Re: Ingram or Simmons - Number 1 pick in 2016 NBA draft? 

Post#101 » by Masterfully » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 pm

I actually think Ingram is the safer pick. He's your prototypical SF. The kind you would create in NBA 2K (with a little more muscle.). He's athletic and can shoot and play great defense.

Simmons is very unique. What position will he play? Will his open court point-forward game translate to the NBA? What kind of players do you put around him? Lots of questions.

Having said that, I'd take Simmons.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#102 » by saintEscaton » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Go_Hornets wrote:Simmons. They're probably on the same skill level, but the athleticism gap is too big for Ingram to go #1.

Simmons moves very fluidly for his size but he isn't a freak of nature by any stretch of the imagination. He isn't physically imposing enough to get othe line at will in the NBA
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Italian Job
Sophomore
And1: 152

Post#103 » by Italian Job » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Simmons has a unique skillset, and that alone is worthy a no. 1 overall pick.

But there are a lot of ifs, related about the fact that his package has to translate entirely to be a dominant player in the NBA and not just "a star".

Ingram is a sweet prospect, a great fallback plan for everybody and could be the first selection come June in the eyes of many. Fits today's NBA like a hand in a glove.

The hype train about Ben has already started the ride so it won't be easy to compare the players, they have so different styles and Simmons has stretches where he blows you away with the stuff he does.

Anyway, I may be in the minority but the guy with the biggest upside is not in the top2. I'm a Dragan Bender believer, he's mad skilled and I like his mindset - which is a trait that must be considered, the jump from euro basketball to overseas isn't easy (he's only 18).

Like Porzingis he's european (very very different prospects anyway) and is sort of hiden because he doesn't play much in Europe, certainly lacking exposure in the eyes of the american crowd. The best Croatian talent between him, Saric and Hezonja, I wonder if he goes top5, does he come over right away?
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: Any chance Ingram goes #1 before Simmons? 

Post#104 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:54 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxBQS6nv-0[/youtube]
1.25 :o :droop:
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#105 » by nurseryc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Ingram in a real shooting slump over his last two games! Today he shot just 30% from the field (3/10) for only 8 points in total in the loss, to go along with just 5 Rebs and an astounding 10 turnovers :o

Ingram hitting just 30% of his shots over his last 2 games:

Last game - 7/21 from the field
Today's game- 3/10 from the field
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,030

Post#106 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:00 am

nurseryc wrote:Ingram in a real shooting slump over his last two games! Today he shot just 30% from the field (3/10) for only 8 points in total in the loss, to go along with just 5 Rebs and an astounding 10 turnovers :o

Shouldnt speak so fast. Your boy Simmons is having just as bad of a game today
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#107 » by No-Man » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:18 am

nurseryc wrote:Ingram in a real shooting slump over his last two games! Today he shot just 30% from the field (3/10) for only 8 points in total in the loss, to go along with just 5 Rebs and an astounding 10 turnovers :o

You deserve to be banned
nurseryc
Analyst

Post#108 » by nurseryc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:26 am

Fischella wrote:

You deserve to be banned
Fischella wrote:

You deserve to be banned

What, for stating facts? Get over it.
deflated
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#109 » by deflated » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:58 am

A modest proposal: Duke4Life831 refrains from commenting on Simmons and nurseryc does the same for Ingram so we can move on from the blind cheerleading.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#110 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:15 am

deflated wrote:A modest proposal: Duke4Life831 refrains from commenting on Simmons and nurseryc does the same for Ingram so we can move on from the blind cheerleading.

I've never bashed Simmons. I'm a fan of Simmons. All year long I've said he's going to be a multiple all star.

Also how is it blind cheerleading when Ingram has a bad game like today the first post today about Ingram I said he was terrible today?
splendidham
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#111 » by splendidham » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:02 am

I
Fischella wrote:

You deserve to be banned

I wouldn't go that far. He's entitled to an opinion (even if it's wrong)and nothing he's said is offensive, just opinionated, which is pretty much like your good self, sir. He's entitled to say/ or make up whatever he likes, so long as it's somewhat related to the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#112 » by Rastas » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:55 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
deflated wrote:A modest proposal: Duke4Life831 refrains from commenting on Simmons and nurseryc does the same for Ingram so we can move on from the blind cheerleading.

I've never bashed Simmons. I'm a fan of Simmons. All year long I've said he's going to be a multiple all star.

Also how is it blind cheerleading when Ingram has a bad game like today the first post today about Ingram I said he was terrible today?

Cant wait to have a laugh over your next post where you will spend 90% of it highlighting Simmons weaknesses and Ingrams strengths then add at the end "BUT I like Simmons - he should be an allstar" hahaha your gold ,,,,,, but hey your still better than Fischella who struggles to say anything positive about Simmons .
Both these kids look to have great futures ,already Simmons looks NBA ready and Ingram just needs to add some weight.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#113 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:11 am

Rastas wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Cant wait to have a laugh over your next post where you will spend 90% of it highlighting Simmons weaknesses and Ingrams strengths then add at the end "BUT I like Simmons - he should be an allstar" hahaha your gold ,,,,,, but hey your still better than Fischella who struggles to say anything positive about Simmons .
Both these kids look to have great futures ,already Simmons looks NBA ready and Ingram just needs to add some weight.

I get I come off as a hater because I argue that Simmons isn't going to be a franchise player. And yes when I argue that, I bring up his flaws. Both players have flaws I have stated in another thread I wouldn't take either player top 3 in next year's draft. Simmons is a really good player in transition and has great vision and is a good rebounder. I have questioned for over 2 years now how effective he will be in the NBA in the half court because of his shooting. I think that's a big red flag. People then brought up his 75% FT shooting and how that was a good sign he would become a better shooter. Well his ft shooting fell back down to earth so now his jump shooting looks even more questionable. Ingram has his flaws as well, he's extremely skinny, he can coast offensively for long periods of time and his motor can come into question sometimes. I also think Ingram is much further from his ceiling which leads to him being a bigger risk than Simmons. I think Simmons and Ingram are neck and neck as prospects and I understand why people would choose Simmons 1 over Ingram. I don't argue with those people. But when people say Simmons is the next Magic, will be a top 5 player in a few years of is far ahead of Ingram as a prospect, I will give my point of view on why I don't agree with that.
First pick
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#114 » by First pick » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I find it funny that a bad game for Simmons 21 & 9 (9/16). I admit it was pretty crap (8 Turnovers, looked dis-Interested) but it wasn't overall bad.

However LSU is terrible. Look at the shooting stats for everyone except Blackney & Simmons. You can't win games with this team. Lebron would struggle
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#115 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:20 am

First pick wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I find it funny that a bad game for Simmons 21 & 9 (9/16). I admit it was pretty crap (8 Turnovers, looked dis-Interested) but it wasn't overall bad.

However LSU is terrible. Look at the shooting stats for everyone except Blackney & Simmons. You can't win games with this team. Lebron would struggle

He was 12/8 with 8 turn overs with like 6 minutes left of something. Lots of his points came in garbage time. With that said, ya he wasn't himself today and I don't take anything away from today's game. He did seem very dis interested for some reason. Just wasn't himself today.
nurseryc
Analyst

Post#116 » by nurseryc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:42 am

First pick wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

+1
anubis0713
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#117 » by anubis0713 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:08 am

At one point today Blakeney and Simmons were 15/27 FGs combined the rest if the team was 4 of 23 lol. He actually looks like he is pissed with the whole team and it isn't a good look.

As for Ingram in his last 6 games he is shooting 35% from the field. That's not good enough if you're jacking up a tick under 15 shots a game in that period.
nurseryc
Analyst

Post#118 » by nurseryc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 am

anubis0713 wrote:At one point today Blakeney and Simmons were 15/27 FGs combined the rest if the team was 4 of 23 lol. He actually looks like he is pissed with the whole team and it isn't a good look.

As for Ingram in his last 6 games he is shooting 35% from the field. That's not good enough if you're jacking up a tick under 15 shots a game in that period.

This is the point I have been making about Ingram over his last 6 games with his poor shooting percentages. Shooting 35% from the field over this period is a big enough sample size for it to start to be quite concerning and raise some red flags, no matter which way you try and spin it. His whole game is based on his outside shooting and as of right now he is only hitting 35% of his shots during this time, yet still taking around 15 shots per game.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#119 » by MrTwister » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Italian Job wrote:Simmons has a unique skillset, and that alone is worthy a no. 1 overall pick.

But there are a lot of ifs, related about the fact that his package has to translate entirely to be a dominant player in the NBA and not just "a star".

Ingram is a sweet prospect, a great fallback plan for everybody and could be the first selection come June in the eyes of many. Fits today's NBA like a hand in a glove.

The hype train about Ben has already started the ride so it won't be easy to compare the players, they have so different styles and Simmons has stretches where he blows you away with the stuff he does.

Anyway, I may be in the minority but the guy with the biggest upside is not in the top2. I'm a Dragan Bender believer, he's mad skilled and I like his mindset - which is a trait that must be considered, the jump from euro basketball to overseas isn't easy (he's only 18).

Like Porzingis he's european (very very different prospects anyway) and is sort of hiden because he doesn't play much in Europe, certainly lacking exposure in the eyes of the american crowd. The best Croatian talent between him, Saric and Hezonja, I wonder if he goes top5, does he come over right away?

I think that Ingram is safer pick and could turn into very good player, still raw but could be amazing when he develops.Ingram is on hot stream right now and no wonder his stock is rising.Simmons has a lot of question marks around him considering his unique skillset and lack of jumpshot but he's definitely top talent.IMO Simmons needs right situation to thrive, cant really see him be shoo-in for every team.

Regarding Bender, that lack of exposure and NBA ready body might leave him a year more in Europe.There was some interview with Givony where he admitted being on some special weight program and currently is on 220lbs.He has long term contract but has multiple NBA-outs, i got impression that he could leave any year for NBA as soon Maccabi receives buyout.I think he declares for this draft because there are bigger chance for him to get drafted higher than next year draft.It also depends which team draft him though, my best bet is whoever gets BKN pick is gonna take him.I think he is either gonna come right away or stay one more year if promised more PT in Maccabi(unlikely considering new EL format).Team like Boston can allow to leave him one more year abroad to improve his body and get more playing time.Speaking of croatian prospects Zubac/Zizic are names to watch in late 1st/early 2nd round, i think they also declares for this draft.
First pick
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#120 » by First pick » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:31 pm

I see Ingram having an D'Angelo Russel season next year in the NBA. Scared to drive to the hoop and relying on his outside shoot. He won't have much impact at all.

I see a team like Minnesota, New Orleans taking him.

Teams like the Lakers, Sixers will take Ben if he is available, no doubt.

Return to NBA Draft