Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,109

Re: Jayson Tatum 

Post#81 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Jayson Tatum is a superstar. So hoping we get him to finish out our Big 3 with Embiid/Simmons.

He'd fit very well with those two.

Definitely. Leaving his terrific offensive ability aside, I'm really impressed with his defense. It looks like he can defend wings with no issues. Would love to pair him up on the wing with Robert Covington for a lockdown duo.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#82 » by reanimator » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 am

Philly is one of the few rosters where Tatum would work due to Simmon's lack of ISO game, though I don't know how that works with Saric there.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#83 » by reanimator » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:45 am

Read on Twitter

HC numbers at the rim are probably even lower.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#84 » by Upperclass » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 am

Tatums looks 6'10 in shoes to me
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,464

Post#85 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 am

14 and 10 in the 1st half for Tatum while playing really good defense. Did get dropped once on defense, he did come down and drain a jumper right after it though.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#86 » by jrob23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Tatum just putting on a show right now on ESPN. Great scoring, great rebounding, picking up the best offensive player every possession.

he doesn't get calls sometimes when he drives because of his size. Got hacked a couple of times. This might be his season's best performance. 14-10 in first half.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 am

But today has shown the complexities of Tatum as a prospect. Great defense, great rebounding, phenomenal shooting and ability to get a good shot whenever he wants but that lack of explosion has lead to 2 missed shots that should've been an easy dunk.

But the weird thing is he gets up high for rebounds and after a whistle he jumped up and got both hands pretty damn high on the back board. Again I think he has the explosion but he's a better 2 foot leaper and struggles to get up off of 1 foot.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#88 » by cksdayoff » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 am

i must be bad luck, as soon as i turned the game on Tatum got called for a charge at the top of the key, bricked a 3 and somehow missed a layup attempt in transition
#failforfultz
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#89 » by PLO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 am

Tatum definitely impressive today.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#90 » by CptCrunch » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 am

Tatum + Kennard + D-Leaguers nice
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#91 » by PLO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 am

Great game - I don't think Tatum could have done much more in this game - the concerns I have with him haven't changed but he's clearly a great prospect in any draft.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#92 » by jrob23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:04 am

Duke4life831 wrote:But today has shown the complexities of Tatum as a prospect. Great defense, great rebounding, phenomenal shooting and ability to get a good shot whenever he wants but that lack of explosion has lead to 2 missed shots that should've been an easy dunk.

But the weird thing is he gets up high for rebounds and after a whistle he jumped up and got both hands pretty damn high on the back board. Again I think he has the explosion but he's a better 2 foot leaper and struggles to get up off of 1 foot.

nah, you're just blind lol. That dunk over Meeks was off one foot. The alley oop in this game was off one foot. I think it's what I said awhile back, he had a slight growth spurt and his body isn't 100% used to it. He's' just a tad uncoordinated sometimes. It's hard to see but really shows when he's trying to line up layups as he miscalculates his jump. It also shows in his inconsistent shot and loose dribble. His explosion and all around coordination in 2015 will return. In time, when he finishes growing and filling out he'll be hammering home dunks on the regular.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 am

Tatum played great today in all aspects of the game. For the people who say he's a ball stopper and black hole need to watch this game. I haven't got that complaint all year and think people only think that because that was the narrative before the season.

The loss wasn't on him, he didn't get one breather all game and for some reason Grayson and Luke decided to go hero ball and blow the game, plus the horrible coaching by this staff that has plagued this team all year. Tatum is playing great in spite of K and this staff.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#94 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Tatum played great today in all aspects of the game. For the people who say he's a ball stopper and black hole need to watch this game. I haven't got that complaint all year and think people only think that because that was the narrative before the season.

The loss wasn't on him, he didn't get one breather all game and for some reason Grayson and Luke decided to go hero ball and blow the game, plus the horrible coaching by this staff that has plagued this team all year. Tatum is playing great in spite of K and this staff.

I was shocked that they froze him out at the end. He didn't touch the ball once in the last 2.5 minutes. Literally would look right at him then pass to someone else.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Tatum played great today in all aspects of the game. For the people who say he's a ball stopper and black hole need to watch this game. I haven't got that complaint all year and think people only think that because that was the narrative before the season.

I was shocked that they froze him out at the end. He didn't touch the ball once in the last 2.5 minutes. Literally would look right at him then pass to someone else.

There was about 1 minute left and Tatum was wide open in the corner, Matt Jones had the ball looked at him and Tatum was calling for it and Matt just turned and kicked it back out and you could see Tatum almost in shock and he couldn't believe he didn't get the ball.

Unlike in 15 when the freshmen were handed the keys for Duke, these freshmen have the team and coaching staff working against them. Reports are Frank doesn't even look to attack the rim (by far his biggest strength) because he was told they don't want him driving to be apart of the offense. The coaching staff have lost it this year.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#96 » by SirChurros » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 am

Putting this on the coaching staff :lol:

Come on, man, this team just isn't that good.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by SirChurros » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 am

That said Tatum looked great.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,109

Post#98 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:55 am

It was definitely a disgraceful performance of hero-ball and freezing out Tatum (the best player on the floor) by Luke Kennard and Grayson Allen, who proceeded to blow the game. I wouldn't want those guys on my team.

Meanwhile Tatum was totally awesome. I never knew he had that kind of vision to be dropping dimes all over the floor. And he worked perfectly within the offense. To call him a ball-stopper is totally wrong. The guy would fit perfectly in Brett Brown's offense.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#99 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 am

Arsenal wrote:It was definitely a disgraceful performance of hero-ball and freezing out Tatum (the best player on the floor) by Luke Kennard and Grayson Allen, who proceeded to blow the game. I wouldn't want those guys on my team.

Meanwhile Tatum was totally awesome. I never knew he had that kind of vision to be dropping dimes all over the floor. And he worked perfectly within the offense. To call him a ball-stopper is totally wrong. The guy would fit perfectly in Brett Brown's offense.

I've seen this all season especially the last month from Tatum which is why I don't get why people keep saying he's a ball stopper and doesn't play in the offense. But again I heard the same thing with Jabari when he was at Duke and his ability to play within the offense is now considered one of his strengths.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by SirChurros » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:59 am

Luke Kennard is arguably National Player of the Year and the only reason Duke isn't a dumpster fire right now. It was a terrible last possession and they got overwhelmed by the zone. I have zero problems with Kennard taking that shot, because no one else was doing anything to get a better one.

Return to NBA Draft